Being able to play as a lord from the very start.

Users who are viewing this thread

Say there is a lord in the Vlandian faction who I like, and i want to, quite literally, BE him. Can I actually play as him by selecting him at the start of a new game in character creation and then just playing as him? If not, do you lads think this would be a good addition to the game?

I very much doubt it, kinda goes against the whole ethos of the game.
I wouldn't be against it but I'd probably never select that option though, seems like easy/cheat mode.

Not sure, really.

M&B is all about starting with nothing and rising up through the hierarchy to become ruler. Starting as an established Lord isn't really the idea, far as I see it.

However, once you've completed the game a few times and you're looking for different ways to approach each new start, I can see beginning as one of the ready-made nobility being fun. And what really is the harm in it? Why should the game prevent you from playing it as you want?

Maybe the feature could be included as something you unlock once you've finished the game once (ie. become ruler of all Calradia)?

Last edited:
I doubt it will be in the vanilla game, they didnt spend months making the most in dept character creation ever just so you can select a vanilla made character XD but who knows someone might mod it in eventually

You'll have to wait for a mod or DLC. Wouldn't mind paying $20 for a king start DLC, where you can start off as a king for each of the factions.

So like Crusader kings? Its' a good idea but it wont be in the base game. Adds some roleplay for people that want it and lot's of new ways to play, hopefully it comes in a mod.

Maybe Bannerlord will keep the Viking Conquest custom start system (always found that starting as a landless noble a bit funny, not even a run down farm to their name) but I doubt they'll let you possess an existing NPC.

Say there is a lord in the Vlandian faction who I like, and i want to, quite literally, BE him. Can I actually play as him by selecting him at the start of a new game in character creation and then just playing as him? If not, do you lads think this would be a good addition to the game?

You can't select to play as one of the existing characters in the game. You can, however, make a clone of him, see to the removal of his entire clan, then step in and take his place. :razz:

You can't select to play as one of the existing characters in the game. You can, however, make a clone of him, see to the removal of his entire clan, then step in and take his place. :razz:

20n9vk.jpg

I think it would be a good idea to have premade characters, like we saw at the gamescom, at least for the time of EA. I assume that all the patches in EA will often destroy savegames, so having premade characters which are further in the game progression will make it easier to test late game mechanics.

I think it would be a good idea to have premade characters, like we saw at the gamescom, at least for the time of EA. I assume that all the patches in EA will often destroy savegames, so having premade characters which are further in the game progression will make it easier to test late game mechanics.
You're not going to stay up for three days straight and become a Lord after a calm 72 hour grind?

I don't think it's game breaking to give us the option to start out as a lord in single player. Viking Conquest and a number of mods already do that and I think it's a good feature. Sometimes it's nice not to have to worry about the early game for the 100th time. Not every story has to be a rags to riches story.

Wait a couple of days after release, and you can probably download saved games of a dozen different players who have become lords within the various factions. Change the name, and there you go.

I normally reach a point in most campaigns where I'm able to take on any opposing army in the field, or take practically any castle, and for me that's time to restart with a new character.

I don't think it's game breaking to give us the option to start out as a lord in single player. Viking Conquest and a number of mods already do that and I think it's a good feature. Sometimes it's nice not to have to worry about the early game for the 100th time. Not every story has to be a rags to riches story.
Starting out as yourself with the title of Lord/King whatever is different to starting as one of the NPC's that's in the campaign though. He's asking if we can start out as say King Derthert, which is probably a lot harder to integrate.

Starting out as yourself with the title of Lord/King whatever is different to starting as one of the NPC's that's in the campaign though. He's asking if we can start out as say King Derthert, which is probably a lot harder to integrate.

Yeah, I get that and I see that Callum has already responded. Some of the comments seemed to be more about the idea of starting out as a lord in general so I was responding to that. Perhaps I should have quoted some to be more clear.

Personally I never started at a lord in VC....instead I did just enough to get a 30-50 man army together then waited to see a castle fall to some faction and ran in and jumped strait to king. lol

Back
Top Bottom