Being able to have one unit upgrade into three different ones?

Users who are viewing this thread

So I'm currently working on a mod, which is my first, and I was creating some new units and setting up the upgrading trees - now I was wondering, can I get a unit to upgrade into three different ones?

For instance, giving the player the choice of upgrading a farmer into a watchman, mercenary, or caravan guard, so the tree looks kind like this:

Farmer - Watchman - Unit 1
          - Mercenary - Unit 2
          - Caravan Guard - Unit 3

As in, being able to upgrade a unit to three different options instead of just the usual one or two.

I read in the document that "two is the maximum" but does it mean that there CAN'T be more, or that's the max when you use "upgrade2"

Can you use "upgrade3"? Thanks.

Not possible sorry.
A workaround on this is to make the farmer to be upgradable to a "Upgradable farmer" and then have a dialog where you chose which one you want of the 3 to upgrade and add them to the party removing the farmers.

DarkAnd said:
Not possible sorry.
A workaround on this is to make the farmer to be upgradable to a "Upgradable farmer" and then have a dialog where you chose which one you want of the 3 to upgrade and add them to the party removing the farmers.

Ah ok, thank you very much.

Also, thank you for being able to make sense of my garbage of a post :razz:

I'll have to make a work around for the unit - thank you.

nops I get ****ing frustated wen I tried upgrade3 thing that I nearly broke something :razz:

I know this is a little old but I've been trying to get multiple upgrade paths in. It's possible to get 3 paths in (haven't checked in game but it compiled with no errors) but I haven't been able to get 4 in. Given that I used the same process, either I'm missing something (in another file) or 3 is the hardcoded limit. I'll post it if it works.

Edit: No luck, only two of the upgrades show in-game. Kind of screws up part of my recruitment system.

I got around the 3 upgrade thing by adding an extra step in the tree and branching that. my original goal was -

Recruit -> infantry, cavalry or archer

Instead i had to add an extra step -

Recruit -> Infantry or Axillary
Auxiliary -> cavalry or Archer

This did add another step to the tree, bumping the top tier troops up to lvl 30. Works fairly well so far. And with what I'm planning to do to my mod over all, should work out nicely.

DMCain

Back
Top Bottom