Being a Vassal is a scam

Users who are viewing this thread

No fief so I have no income, my kingdom keeps taking things that I conquer on my own and I have no chance at convincing them otherwise and no option to succeed and form my own kingdom after their mistreatment. I had 30k saved up as a merc and in a few months of being a vassal I'm down to 5k with no fiefs. Really not fun.

You should be getting a fief sometime soon, if you're not getting any that means your faction has a bunch of fiefless lords. Anyhow invest in caravans or businesses, they make metric craptons once you leave them running for a week.

Weird, I was given multiple fiefs. Around 3 villages, 1 town, and a castle. Then again, I did marry the Empress daughter.

I'm the only fief-less lord and our king (Derthert) keeps taking things for himself despite the majority ruling against it. I've spent 200 influence twice and been denied both times for fiefs I captured on my own. I tried renouncing my oath but then I still have no option to take back the fiefs. I'm debating just trying to cheat console it at this point and force my own kingdom because this is frustrating af.

No fief so I have no income, my kingdom keeps taking things that I conquer on my own and I have no chance at convincing them otherwise and no option to succeed and form my own kingdom after their mistreatment. I had 30k saved up as a merc and in a few months of being a vassal I'm down to 5k with no fiefs. Really not fun.

Can you put "5k and no Fief" as your signature? I would find that hilarious.

You have to lobby your kingdom to grant you a fief at someone else's expense
Go to your DIplomacy tab, there, under fiefs, check one and propose that it change owners. A propose button should appear under the picture of the fief.

Lectus, that will just send you to another election where there is a good chance you won't be electable. Once you have had 2 fiefs they'll never give you one again. The chance you're electable is nearly none. And even if you are and you get majority support there's a good chance the ruler will vote against. i've not had more than two fiefs ever. even when i have good relations with nearly everyone. 54 relations with the ruler clan, and get majority support.

When I joined into somone's army, and killed an other huge army I got 100k gold. I had around 750k gold now. Around Clan level 3. And had aroun 3500 gold income from 3 workshop and 2 castles. So the money is not a problem.

I dunno wtf the calculations are for probability of getting a fief in bannerlord. I got Gaos castle when I initially joined up w/ the Southern Empire, went campaigning for a bit, about a month or two later Lycaron was taken, and I participated in the army which retook it. I then got Lycaron for some unknown reason. This is wack as hell.

Also, fiefs pale in comparison to caravans when it comes to making money. Each caravan is making me 1k+ gold per day, and that's without the wages perk from trade (I thought workshops would be better but they got capped to 200 :c). Workshops can also be a fast source of income, just leave one running for a while and it'll build up some insane capital (I've left a pottery shop running for a month and I can already sell it for 18k, not to mention the 200 gold a day is nice).

I dunno wtf the calculations are for probability of getting a fief in bannerlord. I got Gaos castle when I initially joined up w/ the Southern Empire, went campaigning for a bit, about a month or two later Lycaron was taken, and I participated in the army which retook it. I then got Lycaron for some unknown reason. This is wack as hell.

Also, fiefs pale in comparison to caravans when it comes to making money. Each caravan is making me 1k+ gold per day, and that's without the wages perk from trade (I thought workshops would be better but they got capped to 200 :c). Workshops can also be a fast source of income, just leave one running for a while and it'll build up some insane capital (I've left a pottery shop running for a month and I can already sell it for 18k, not to mention the 200 gold a day is nice).
The 200 gold cap was removed in the patch yesterday. They are just far less profitable than before the 200 cap, because there was basically a bug causing smithing and wood workshop to give you 10k+ per day.

In any case. Recieving fiefs is nearly impossible. Let alone that castles nearly give you no money and if you get two castles you just won't recieve a town anymore.

You should be getting a fief sometime soon, if you're not getting any that means your faction has a bunch of fiefless lords. Anyhow invest in caravans or businesses, they make metric craptons once you leave them running for a week.
the problem with this statement is it isn't very correct. The king of vlandia for example right now has 8 fiefs, and despite me now taking 3 fortresses and a city all on my own with no support, he claims them all.

Further, when i throw in my voice behind an election, and that group has majority...it seems it never wins. Not sure how that works either.

When you have over 1000 influence in the entire faction, nearly everyone likes you and you don't even get the chance to be elected in the first place that point is kind of void.

I have to agree that until now being a vassal is not very good, the influence system is broken, so it is almost impossible to get a fief

Back
Top Bottom