Being a Mercenary

Users who are viewing this thread

MrMohawk

Veteran
How do I become a mercenary for a faction?

I ask to become one and it just tells me my party strength...

No, Mr. Mohawk is playing the right version.
You need to make your party size over 40, and they have to be good troops, no farmers.

Hey, if you join as a mercenary when you own a fief or 2 then your fiefs belong to the kingdom that you joined (but they still belong to you.) This isnt permanent is it?

I just succesfully sieged a castle while being a mercanery for Rhodoks... now the castle is empty... there was a text message like "now you can send a message to..." whats this?
Where can i send these message?

Why can't I take the castle?

I think because you took it as a Rhodok mercenary, that castle actually goes under the control of the rhodok king and he decides who to give it too. If you took the castle as a complete neutral then it would automatically become yours.

This is explained somewhere, but if you take a castle as a mercenary you get paid for it but the ownership goes to the king you work for.  You're a hired gun, not a baron - was the thinking behind the logic.

I think, at some point I prevented people from becoming mercenaries if they owned castles because it got really weird but might have taken it out.

Back
Top Bottom