Beginner's Guides & NVIDIA SHIELD FAQ

Users who are viewing this thread

Ummmmm. I have a Channel where i make Guides about mount and blade. its not the full deal, but i think i made a lot of things that could help a beginner, here's the link:
https://www.youtube.com/user/JimbowuahooMB?feature=mhee

Moss said:
The main use for spouses as a male character is to increase your influence in their family, gain legitimacy should you ever decide to contest the throne yourself and to throw feasts at your castle/town.

Troop order determines the order that your units will spawn, the ones at the top spawn first, the ones on the bottom last. If you're unable to take all your troops into battle at once it's important, if your party size is small or you've used the Battle Size Changer to increase the size of battles over the default it's only really useful for determining the starting positions (left to right).

As for battle tactics, the simplest go to tactic is to place your archers on a hill, your infantry in front of them and your cavalry to the side ready to charge into the flank. However different tactics work better on different factions/armies so it's best to experiment till you find methods that work the best for your playstyle/opponents. Personally I prefer to place my archers to the side of my infantry, if you do it right the enemy will still focus on your infantry but your archers will have a clear line of fire into their flank.

If you want your archers to have a clear view ,place them first . Have them spread out so you have enough space for the horses to charge . Then place the cavalry right behind them and the infantry 10 meters behind them .Then you have 2 options .

1. Send both the Cavalry and the infantry at once ( the cavalry stomps and decimates the enemy and the infantry cleans the rest )

2.Send the Cavalry for a quick charge then call and place them in one of your flanks and set the infantry in front of your archer to protect them further on. If you have enough time ,send your cavalry for a second and maybe a third charge.After that you can send them both to finish the job .

BTW ,i usually tell my archers to hold their fires until the enemy is close enough so i can be sure that almost every bolt is stuck in an enemy.

Why did we do a beginner Guide, someone who dont know how he can Do something on Game, website etc.  Watch a Movie or anything else on Youtube or another Site to learn somethig. :grin:

Moss said:
Your unofficial official first stop for tips and tricks for new and experienced players alike.
If you've written up a guide, or notice any other threads you think would be useful for new players please post a reply and I'll post it up here.

Singleplayer:

Official Game Manual:
http://cdn.steampowered.com/Manuals/48700/PDX5505US_Warband_Manual_US.pdf?t=1271189104

This is a very nice official guide, but it was very hard to find.

In Steam, I can see about 18 non official guides from users, but not this official one.

I suggest it be an obvious link on the official web site on the Warband page, etc.

Thank you

Hi, everyone.
It's not exactly a guide and I'm starting to feel like a sales manager after posting this in Floris and PoP sections but since Native is the only one left...
Here are my Excel tables I use for planning the future of my main character and my companions in Native, Floris and PoP (Pendor):
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0QewS7fCh1cd3JoYm02a0gyYms/edit?usp=sharing
It's almost entirely automatic and features everything from character creation to calculation party skills and taking into account bonuses from books. Anyway, you will see should you decide to use it.

Hope it didn't sound to salesmanagerish, I just hate to think than maybe somebody one day will be spending hours reinventing this wheel not knowing that such "planner" already exists (and I'm pretty sure I already reinvented it since it's unlikely no-one did something like this before; perhaps, just didn't share it). :grin:

Hope this is the right place for this my battle guide for single player warband. I would like to move it here someplace? before paradox closes the forum

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?749545-Battle-Lors-way(My-guide-to-war-making)

noob guides who cares about those Ill tell u no-one except noobs obviously thats who
u learn in the streets like manly men hear me out

Back
Top Bottom