Beginner guide and others Guides/Strategy/gameplay

Users who are viewing this thread

nomad1414 said:
why I do I get this error " There is not enough space on the disk (Error Code: 112/1069) " , I have 5 GB free disk space ?!
should I re-download ?
You could transfer installation files to an external hard drive and free up whole 5 Gb.
Sometimes, during installation process temporary backup files can be created until you install the game. After installation the backup files are removed. That might be the problem.

Hello!
I have annoying problem. How can I move the court? My wife takes tools and 2 wool cloth in my household (this staff disappear) but then no effect. They say I must give her the lynen, or something else...
Or please tell me, how could I kill my wife...

Hello there!!! I recently installed Brytenwalda . Never played it before and I have the 1.41 version. What about the restore of the Roman Empire quest you get from the old man back in the ruins of the Adrian Wall ? I didn't find any info about it and the script on the quest menu doesn't pop up anything..... Magnificent work after all . I never enjoyed that much the early game  nor in native or other mods. For the first time I found some meaning in trading goods and made some money out from it. Congratulations to the dev team. Many thinks out of this mod should be taken in consideration for the creation of bannerlord ... 

Jason L. said:
... I didn't find any info about it and the script on the quest menu doesn't pop up anything...
If you read what the old man tells you it should be obvious:
he wants you to conquer (back) Lundenwic - the old Roman town Lundinium.
Once that is done - probably late in the game - you can talk to the old man at Hadrian's Wall again. There's a surprise.

Since I can't find a stickied bug thread I'll post this here: My spear armed companion archers don't use their bows and default to their spears no matter what my orders are, is there a way to fix this?

Also, is there a was to remove the way your forces are placed, with archers up front, infantry to left and cav to right?

It completely screws with individual type placement where I want to place archers up a mountain and infantry up front direct center set where I'm standing but I have to toy with the way archers stand ahead of where you command and infantry off center.

Beastro said:
Since I can't find a stickied bug thread I'll post this here: My spear armed companion archers don't use their bows and default to their spears no matter what my orders are, is there a way to fix this?
Mm. That's a code bug.
Beastro said:
Also, is there a was to remove the way your forces are placed, with archers up front, infantry to left and cav to right?
Yes. In some battle where the enemy is not attacking, place your divisions where you like, then memorize placement (F2-F:cool:.

motomataru said:
Beastro said:
Mm. That's a code bug.
Beastro said:
Yes. In some battle where the enemy is not attacking, place your divisions where you like, then memorize placement (F2-F:cool:.

What can be done to fix it? My archer companions are bow, arrows x3 and a 2 Handed or polearm and I'd like to use any many unique weps as I can, would suck to not be able to use them at all.

Ok... still feels very cumbersome. I never had issue with the old system - on a horse you can set you formations up in a jiffy.

Beastro said:
motomataru said:
Beastro said:
Mm. That's a code bug.
Beastro said:

What can be done to fix it? My archer companions are bow, arrows x3 and a 2 Handed or polearm and I'd like to use any many unique weps as I can, would suck to not be able to use them at all.

Ok... still feels very cumbersome. I never had issue with the old system - on a horse you can set you formations up in a jiffy.

Mm, maybe this is mea culpa, I penaltied spear+bow (it is uncomfortable shot a bow while you have spear in your back), it is possible that this cause your issue. Idea is that you equiped your archers with knifes, axes, swords... more light weapons. Other option (I amnt sure if it will work) is equiped your companions with shortest spear.

sorry if it was answered somewhere already. I'd like to install Polished Landscape but without Calradia in Darkness (makes British isles unnaturally dark imho). which files do I need to remove to keep PL but get rid of Calradia in Darkness? I tried looking inside the folders but cant seem to distinguish PL from CiD files. how do I determine which ones are CiD ones (and which folders are they in to begin with)?

thanks

About the Shieldwall formation, is there a way to make the soldiers stand closer together?

I constantly feel like my shieldwall is less of a wall and more of a perforated shield gate

Just started playing Brytenwalda and am loving it, however I've found it quite hard to find a list of the heavy equipment and it's effects on you. Wanting to be a fairly athletic infantry fighter I've avoided items marked as such - I did have a shield I started with that had that property though and while I don't know what skill/s it was effecting due to the lack of the aforementioned guide/list when I got rid of it I was still faced with this:

http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/575652989324092179/5F02DE72BFDD909B8499B677499E77B005187780/

Skill points: -1

Is this a bug? a feature I'm yet to understand? does anyone have a resource with the forbidden knowledge of what heavy equipment effects what? 

Danke to any and all of you that can help me out! much love xo

You probably got a whack in the head and lost a point of intelligence, it shows like that in the stats. Wait for your healing skills to kick in and you'll get it back with your skill point.

Thankyou! that makes perfect sense now that I think about it. I ran around the back of the shield wall and was stabbing our foemen in their backs when they spilled back out at me and I failed in my dodge and stab routine and got taken out. Forgot all about it as we handily won the fight(practically never happened in vanilla).

Still love a good resource on heavy equipment but I'm glad I've worked this out.

Back
Top Bottom