Been away for a month to wait for a couple new updates and i am horrified

Users who are viewing this thread

The Great Grub

Sergeant
what have they been doing for a month, not even any small changes and updates, the game world feels so dead and boring and feels soulless. There is no immersion with this game past the first 10 hours or so. Battles are the same just charge everything in and its an ez win even on harder difficulties. Cavalry are horrific at hitting their targets, The world economy is an absolute cluster****. Sieges are probably the only thing that have been drastically improved on from warbands sieges but the last time i played they were a buggy mess with the ai ignoring ladders and siege towers, i hope this has been patched. I am assuming that the next patch will actually be of decent size but at this point i dont really care and i am starting to lose interest

what have they been doing for a month, not even any small changes and updates, the game world feels so dead and boring and feels soulless. There is no immersion with this game past the first 10 hours or so. Battles are the same just charge everything in and its an ez win even on harder difficulties. Cavalry are horrific at hitting their targets, The world economy is an absolute cluster****. Sieges are probably the only thing that have been drastically improved on from warbands sieges but the last time i played they were a buggy mess with the ai ignoring ladders and siege towers, i hope this has been patched. I am assuming that the next patch will actually be of decent size but at this point i dont really care and i am starting to lose interest
Sounds like you need to give it more time if you aren't actually interested in testing and bug reporting. You should wait until they announce it being full release (year or longer from now) or if you can't help yourself, install some of the mods (visit nexus mods website) that bring it to life in its current state.

Short version:

Reworking the code, they can´t say when they´re done with. And the next update will only have small changes like 1.4.1 > 1.4.2, thats what they said at least.

You are not alone. In time the fanboys will realize this too.

I am hoping, but I know I am being delusional, that after the refracting we will see some new updates that actually add something. As you said, after the first 10 hours it is a drag. I have personally started around 15 new characters just because there is nothing once you reach a certain point.

But we all know that after this the updates will once again be, lowered the daily income from caravans, or raised the weight on the two handed sword so it is slower and harder to use.

Last edited:
I feel your frustration and the expectation to play the finished product with its entertainment and all but unfortunately this is gonna be long haul.

I kinda knew that when I commit myself. My only wish is no matter how long it takes, they don't miss out the potential.

They might not have released any significant patches for a few weeks, but judging by the activity on SteamDB, they've been working hard. They've been updating the internal.tests and combat.tests most every day, so there's definitely stuff happening. I just hope the next release is worth the wait

You are not alone. In time the fanboys will realize this too.

As a fanboy... I was as disappointed with the state of the game as anyone else. I, however, had a more realistic understanding that the game was in early access and not actually complete. Im just happy to be able to see what's there and play the game in its current state.

I just don't understand the whining.

I am assuming that the next patch will actually be of decent size but at this point i dont really care and i am starting to lose interest

It doesn't looks like, what is know is that they are recoding some parts of the game from the scratch which has introduced new bugs/crash and they are busy correcting them... so the QA for this patch is taking long time. But no one has spoken about new content, so don't expect big changes from the point of view of the player experience it seems to be a "technical patch".

It has been a risky option IMHO, if the game turns unstable again with these new patch release TW reputation will suffer a lot, nowadays forum comments will be a joke compared which what could happen. So I may understood that they are being very cautious.

We have released several hotfixes since our last large patch, however, as has already been highlighted in this thread, some of our attention recently has been on a code refactor.

I am glad to say that the next patch will be coming very soon though.

The title of the thread made me almost pee myself :lol:

I need to remember to come to the forums so I can get some laughs and bring up my spirits.

Back
Top Bottom