Beduin

Users who are viewing this thread

beduin.png

Please leave all feedback relating to the Aserai Beduin in this thread.

Give them the Camel by default, the default horse is fragile as hell, but you can't take the Camel because the spear you get is so short, so you want to take the long spear. Or at least let us combine Camel, long spear and shield in one somehow. Then the class will be quite nice.

this class is a joke, weakest light cav
-super uncontrollable horse
-cannot bring a shield and heavy cav sabre at the same time
-camel should be default because the horse is bad

Iirc Camels were feared on the battlefield, because horses were afraid of them and shy away from them. It would be awesome if that was in the game.

they are taller which makes it somewhat easier to stab cav
Yeah, but thats not what I meant "lore"-wise.
I mean more smthg like horses atomaticly stopping when very close to Camels, like when you stab them with a spear.

Edit: I rly like that kind of realism in games, when it adds to the tactical variety/balance.

Last edited:
Yeah, but thats not what I meant "lore"-wise.
I mean more smthg like horses atomaticly stopping when very close to Camels, like when you stab them with a spear.

Edit: I rly like that kind of realism in games, when it adds to the tactical variety/balance.
idk how that would be balance it breaks the game, horses can jump off cliffs aswell or run into spears

people complain that the horses are uncontrollable, but they are fast (same as camel) which is more important in the desert since its wide and open. Realism most of the times doesnt make for fun gameplay. You need to balance lore and gameplay aswell.

idk how that would be balance it breaks the game, horses can jump off cliffs aswell or run into spears

people complain that the horses are uncontrollable, but they are fast (same as camel) which is more important in the desert since its wide and open. Realism most of the times doesnt make for fun gameplay. You need to balance lore and gameplay aswell.
Your right, and I am most cerainly too new to this game to have a real understanding of the balance.
But lets say it this way: The camel should be not just a different horse-type (similar stats & just different optics) - it would be much more fun if it were somehow a unique thing (imho ofc).
But isnt everybody saying, that the game balance (especially with Cav) is all over the place? So if balance needs to be changed anyway, making Camels (and ofc SPEARS) stronger anti-cav wouldnt be that much of a problem, would it?

Last edited:
Your right, and I am most cerainly too new to this game to have a real understanding of the balance.
But lets say it this way: The camel should be not just a different horse-type (similar stats & just different optics) - it would be much more fun if it were somehow a unique thing (imho ofc).
But isnt everybody saying, that the game balance (especially with Cav) is all over the place? So if balance needs to be changed anyway, making Camels (and ofc SPEARS) stronger anti-cav wouldnt be that much of a problem, would it?
the problem isnt cav counters per se, infantry is just beyond useless vs heavy cav. This game isnt a rock paper scissor game, each class needs its own ways to deal with other classes.

Last edited:
the problem isnt cav counters per se, infantry is just beyond useless vs heavy cav. This game isnt a rock paper scissor game, each class needs its own ways to deal with other classes.
Ok.
I guess I rly dont understand the multiplayer yet.
I prbly think too much in the categories of strategie-games were each unit-type has a specific role instead of fps, were everyone with more skill is supposed to be able to beat everyone with less skill.

Ok.
I guess I rly dont understand the multiplayer yet.
I prbly think too much in the categories of strategie-games were each unit-type has a specific role instead of fps, were everyone with more skill is supposed to be able to beat everyone with less skill.
well bannerlord got a rock paper scissor mechanic

infantry > archer > shock inf > infantry (throwing dudes are in there somewhere aswell)
heavy cav > all (usually they were countered by archers and throwing stuff behind obstacles, like terrain or infantry)

the horses needs to be more maneuverable
the sword and spear hits needs to be little faster for a light units
and for captain they need increased unit size by 1 or 2

They do seem to be lacking in maneuverability, however, their horses seem to be the fastest in the game in terms of top speed from what I've noticed. If they want to make it more maneuverable that's fine, but they should also decrease the speed slightly as well then.

Camel is by far the most maneuverable mount in the game, if you know how to play it's easily one of the best mounted options. It also has the biggest charge damage. It's literally broken in some cases.

Captain Mode Perspective: They have no damage output whatsoever in captain mode and have no armor to sustain themselves. Any unit class, except maybe 1 or 2 archer classes, can kill Beduins while taking minimal casualties. Overall, light cavalry classes are rarely if ever picked in captain mode due to their very limited (useless) functionality. Perhaps increasing the unit count of light cavalry classes like Beduins by +6 units may give more incentive to pick these classes due to the large numbers. Either that or give them better damage output and better Ai.

Captain Mode Perspective: They have no damage output whatsoever in captain mode and have no armor to sustain themselves. Any unit class, except maybe 1 or 2 archer classes, can kill Beduins while taking minimal casualties. Overall, light cavalry classes are rarely if ever picked in captain mode due to their very limited (useless) functionality. Perhaps increasing the unit count of light cavalry classes like Beduins by +6 units may give more incentive to pick these classes due to the large numbers. Either that or give them better damage output and better Ai.
Agree here. Bigger unit counts could be the solution to the problem that is light cavalry being useless in captain. Since they can't really deal too much damage, and get taken down relatively easily, they could be used to trample and distract the enemy units in melees IF they had a bigger unit count, and could be more easily used to take down archers. As they are, if you take them into a melee they get churned very fast. Make them a viable support class!

Very excited about the +2 troop buff.

However, Javcav is an absolute non-option in Captain with the way it works right now. Again, not sure I've ever seen anyone hit with a Beduin javelin and I'm sitting at ~1400 hours.

Give the poor guys at least 8 javelins, please.

Javelin Cav suffer a massive drawback compared to Skirmishers because they cannot pick their javelins back up. We could try to compensate for that by giving them a little more ammunition, since camels can carry more than people.

Javcav is an interesting concept but not playable in its current state.

Very excited about the +2 troop buff.

However, Javcav is an absolute non-option in Captain with the way it works right now. Again, not sure I've ever seen anyone hit with a Beduin javelin and I'm sitting at ~1400 hours.

Give the poor guys at least 8 javelins, please.

Javelin Cav suffer a massive drawback compared to Skirmishers because they cannot pick their javelins back up. We could try to compensate for that by giving them a little more ammunition, since camels can carry more than people.

Javcav is an interesting concept but not playable in its current state.
Agree here, while ash-throwing cav of other classes has some of its own taste (can one-shot any unit in game in a proper throw), a 3 weak (about fiddy damage at most speed is ridicolous) and very innacurate javelins are absolutely useless, at least this should be a 3-4 jards stack, even then this would be not usefull perk at most

Since javelins on this class are absolute trashfire, ill throw my suggestion for a other perk.
What makes throwing weapons viable on horses? Better range and better damage then your default spear, which is done well on ash-throwing spears (however i think they should also destroy shields much more effectively with full acceleration). Light javelins with very bad range (5m at max) and VERY low damage (50 dmg at max) are abhorently useless.
Lets look at jav types tree in this game MP: light javs (4stck), medium javs (3stck) and heavy jav (1stck)
What we are missing? Yes! A 2 stack medium-heavy javelins!
Therefore my suggestion to a new weapon for Aserai Skirmishers and Beduins!

Name: Heavy (or Long) Jareed
Stats: Lengh = 130~135
Damage(thrust) = 25~30
Damage(thrown) = 70~80
Stack - 2

Replace Beduins light jav with this perk, also maybe replace Skirmisher pike perk with since it has no sense/ this new perk augments actually skirmishing ability of jav-throwing class

Back
Top Bottom