Becoming a vassal as a female character

Users who are viewing this thread

Lady Rodwell

Recruit
I've been seeing some people saying that you can't become a vassal of a kingdom ( not like male characters can at least ), but yes you can..

I don't know if it's a bug that occurred with me but when I talked with King Graveth about becoming his vassal he said the usual, that he wouldn't accept my vassalage cuz I'm a woman and yadayada, then I for curiosity decided to press the option that says that even if he wouldn't give me any fiefs I would still want to become his vassal, which made him accept, and after some short time he offered to me a village ( Mechin ) which I obviously accepted, since then he started to give me more and more fiefs ( I've received Shariz, Almerra Castle, Knudarr Castle, Emirin and Mechin until now ) and he even offered me the position as Marshal of our kingdom, which I refused ( cuz being a Marshal's not cool ).

Btw I don't remember which where my stats when all that happened, but I remember I had quite a high renown, honor and charisma ( don't know exactly if charisma and honor have any effect on it anyway ) and also had a high relationship with King Graveth and his vassals.

Try it out and give a reply to me if happens the same thing with u :smile:

Interesting. I have not gone this route as a female vassal. I have only helped a claimant pursue a throne, and in doing so, assigned myself fiefs. :smile:

Gwrfelling said:
Interesting. I have not gone this route as a female vassal. I have only helped a claimant pursue a throne, and in doing so, assigned myself fiefs. :smile:
Yea I've considered doing that also, but I gave up when I found out that I couldn't marry the claimant xD

Lord Brutus said:
Keep it up, m'lady.  If your relationship with Graveth gets over 50, he may refer to you as, "My Brave Champion."
Actually my relationship with King Graveth's 86 m'lord, I've become a vital vassal of our Kingdom also, holding strong fiefs etc, showing to everyone that every women who's strong, intelligent and honorable can own a fief, just like any other men.

It was kind of you to answer me m'lord, and for that I thank you.

Lord Brutus said:
If you have recently defeated an enemy Lord, go speak to Graveth and report back what he says, please.
I've just captured Jelbegi Castle with him, he then says " I will not forget how together we captured Jelbegi Castle. I am honoured to have fought by your side "...

If you want I can follow him and see if I engage with him in a normal battle instead of a siege.

Yes, he does... I have about 29 lords with more than 50 of relationship, and all of them also call me their brave champion.

By the way, can you answer something for me ?
( I will assume you can )
In my current game several lords have left the realm for no reason apparently, do they come back or something ?

Most of the Lords who leave the realm are debauched or quarrelsome.  They will frequently join first one realm, then another till they run out of places to go and then they leave Calradia.  Some few return after that, I don't know the requirements for that.

Not sad really.  They bring it upon themselves.  You can spot them since they are the ones who hate you (-3) before you even meet them.  Boyar Meriga is one who comes to mind.  Also the Khergit Lord who owns Narra. I forget his name/

Yes, they're not cool guys, but it leaves the game kinda empty.. but it make sense anyway, there are some that have every king as rival in my game, and that's quite an achievement I think.

Lady Rodwell said:
I've been seeing some people saying that you can't become a vassal of a kingdom ( not like male characters can at least ), but yes you can..

I don't know if it's a bug that occurred with me but when I talked with King Graveth about becoming his vassal he said the usual, that he wouldn't accept my vassalage cuz I'm a woman and yadayada, then I for curiosity decided to press the option that says that even if he wouldn't give me any fiefs I would still want to become his vassal, which made him accept, and after some short time he offered to me a village ( Mechin ) which I obviously accepted, since then he started to give me more and more fiefs ( I've received Shariz, Almerra Castle, Knudarr Castle, Emirin and Mechin until now ) and he even offered me the position as Marshal of our kingdom, which I refused ( cuz being a Marshal's not cool ).

Btw I don't remember which where my stats when all that happened, but I remember I had quite a high renown, honor and charisma ( don't know exactly if charisma and honor have any effect on it anyway ) and also had a high relationship with King Graveth and his vassals.

I only play female (except one time for a steam achievment). I usualy play the mod "Age of Calradia Enhanced" because it adds lots of cool stuff without changing to much the core game.
Recently, I restart a game in Native (because I'm bored and waiting for Bannerlord :grin: and I have all the steam achievments).
I finished the game with all the differents ways and each time, as a Female.
So, I can tell you it is not a bug, you can swear to a king, get a fief. But you just need to have much higher renown to be a vassal.
And it's also normal to get fiefs when you captured one and ask for it (but not each time because the King do not give it to you if you have to much and other lords do not).
When I play, I usual play Swadian. They are in center of the map and almost permanently at war.
In my new game, I get Dhirim (after it was conquer by another faction). It is one of the most money making city (crossroad of trading routes). There is also Narra which get also plenty of money if I remember correctly.

LeChat said:
Lady Rodwell said:

I only play female (except one time for a steam achievment). I usualy play the mod "Age of Calradia Enhanced" because it adds lots of cool stuff without changing to much the core game.
Recently, I restart a game in Native (because I'm bored and waiting for Bannerlord :grin: and I have all the steam achievments).
I finished the game with all the differents ways and each time, as a Female.
So, I can tell you it is not a bug, you can swear to a king, get a fief. But you just need to have much higher renown to be a vassal.
And it's also normal to get fiefs when you captured one and ask for it (but not each time because the King do not give it to you if you have to much and other lords do not).
When I play, I usual play Swadian. They are in center of the map and almost permanently at war.
In my new game, I get Dhirim (after it was conquer by another faction). It is one of the most money making city (crossroad of trading routes). There is also Narra which get also plenty of money if I remember correctly.
Yea I usually play only as a female too, but as far as I know there is no mods for console, so the native have to do it and I've never seen someone talking about this option, they always says ( at least in some posts I've seen ) that it's not possible.. it's nice to know it isn't a bug, thank you for your answer :smile:.

I also always start in the Swadian territory, but always end up joining the Rhodoks xD

Lady Rodwell said:
In my current game several lords have left the realm for no reason apparently, do they come back or something ?
I do not know all the specifics, but I thought that lords might leave the realm if they have no place to go. For example, they have joined and left all the factions, including the player's faction, or they have run out of kingdoms to serve and the player has refused their service. I am unsure. Some lords even hang around with small bands and act bandit-like. I imagine that this information can be found someplace, but I haven't made time to look for it. (Also, companions/heroes will sometimes leave the realm, too, if they have served you a couple times and still left your service.)

And by the way, I have yet to play as a female and marry. Sounds like a new challenge. Funny that there is no Steam achievement for it. lol

Gwrfelling said:
Lady Rodwell said:
I do not know all the specifics, but I thought that lords might leave the realm if they have no place to go. For example, they have joined and left all the factions, including the player's faction, or they have run out of kingdoms to serve and the player has refused their service. I am unsure. Some lords even hang around with small bands and act bandit-like. I imagine that this information can be found someplace, but I haven't made time to look for it. (Also, companions/heroes will sometimes leave the realm, too, if they have served you a couple times and still left your service.)

And by the way, I have yet to play as a female and marry. Sounds like a new challenge. Funny that there is no Steam achievement for it. lol
There already is a lot of achivements for female characters :
- Sassy! As a female character get into a duel with male lord by insulting him.
- Talk of the town As a female character, raise your renown to 50
- Lady of the Lake As a female character, give a companion character a great sword
- Queen As a female character, make your own faction
- Man Handler As a female character, Capture and sell three NPC lords.
- Girl Power As a female character, help a female claimant reclaim her throne
- Empress As a female character, become queen of all Calradia

And just one Male related (the only game I had to play as a male) :
- Heart Breaker Get a character to elope

Gwrfelling said:
Lady Rodwell said:
That makes sense, I remember seeing a lot of messages about a Lord being indicted for betrayal or something like that, and after some time the same message about the same Lord, but some of them left without going to the Rhodoks ( my current kingdom ), now the game's feeling kinda empty :sad:

Gwrfelling said:
Lady Rodwell said:

It's cool, but I would recommend you to marry as soon as you can, cuz in my game it's day 1000 and I still can't find a pretty lord ( if u can ever find a pretty character in this game xD ) that wants to marry me, that's kinda sad, the only one I found left the realm before we got married ;-;.

LeChat said:
Gwrfelling said:
Lady Rodwell said:

There already is a lot of achivements for female characters :
- Sassy! As a female character get into a duel with male lord by insulting him.
- Talk of the town As a female character, raise your renown to 50
- Lady of the Lake As a female character, give a companion character a great sword
- Queen As a female character, make your own faction
- Man Handler As a female character, Capture and sell three NPC lords.
- Girl Power As a female character, help a female claimant reclaim her throne
- Empress As a female character, become queen of all Calradia

And just one Male related (the only game I had to play as a male) :
- Heart Breaker Get a character to elope

Yea, I have the same achievements in my console..

I have all the Steam achievements, except for four multiplayer-related ones. The female ones were fun to add.

I think that the next time I play as a female, I will attempt to play her as a more traditional lady: less of the actual fighting on her part and more of the directing/commanding. I will also attempt to stick to traditionally female "armor." That will be a challenge.

Back
Top Bottom