EU Skirmish Completed Beast 8 Sign ups

Users who are viewing this thread

"Ever conceived the idea, that you don't wanna get insulted 24/7". Isn't that what u said before tho.
"...Poor human conduct in Division A..." = "Ever conceived the idea, that you don't wanna get insulted 24/7". So what am I ignoring?

All I said was, that if u get butthurt over someone calling u biased or insults u on a personal level, then u shouldn't be admin for a tournament. Like that's just how it is. Sure u can ban people, but that just shows that ur not mature enough to take an insult and do the much bigger thing: Ignore it.

Or even better: Reply to it in a very calm and collected way, so the person that's acting like a freak gets even more pissed off and leaves u alone to play Roblox in their parents basement.

"you spend your free time organizing tournaments for others to enjoy? you dont want to be harassed while doing so? LOL WEAK" is such an interesting take to me

"you spend your free time organizing tournaments for others to enjoy? you dont want to be harassed while doing so? LOL WEAK" is such an interesting take to me
It's not about WANTING to be harassed or taking harassment as granted, but realistically, what are u gonna do about it? If u ban everyone who is toxic to you as an admin, then ur not gonna have a tournament. If I look at Division A right now, if everyone who has ever been toxic would be banned (and yeah, that's me included), there would maybe be like 15 players left.

Also, while I get u, hosting a tournament doesn't grant you immunitiy from criticism. And while some people are actually blatantly insulting admins etc, others are criticizing them fairly, which for some reason is also taken as "insults". I think that's the major issue here. People take criticism as insults, because everyone reacts differently to words said.

It's not about WANTING to be harassed or taking harassment as granted, but realistically, what are u gonna do about it? If u ban everyone who is toxic to you as an admin, then ur not gonna have a tournament. If I look at Division A right now, if everyone who has ever been toxic would be banned (and yeah, that's me included), there would maybe be like 15 players left.
As I said, throwing out div A entirely seems like a better idea each passing day :^)
Don't think I've seen nearly as much toxicity as in div A in any other division.

Also, while I get u, hosting a tournament doesn't grant you immunitiy from criticism. And while some people are actually blatantly insulting admins etc, others are criticizing them fairly, which for some reason is also taken as "insults". I think that's the major issue here. People take criticism as insults, because everyone reacts differently to words said.
I've been criticizing and complaining since season 1, haven't been told I was insulting by anyone. Guess its how you go about things.

1. That is the ultima ratio, but something any tournament host should keep in mind. Just tolerating bad behaviour is not the way to go.
2. Again, nothing prevents someone from hosting a tournament. Asking for others to host something is one thing, them expecting you to do anything in regards to it is another. However, if you host something lengthy you may want to check each others timetable, but that's about it and that's also optional.
3. It's a littly baity, but the mere usage of "simp" will not get you in trouble. However, the post itself may be provocative and considered flame baiting, this is where it gets problematic. Causation and correlation, not the same thing.
4. The point of a false sense of entilement still stands, as it makes a ton of sense when you consider the context of calling for someone to "be less of a simp and do X instead".

Also some general notes regarding mod action on this forum: Just calling someone a dickhead will usually just be a verbal and have the ad hominem snipped. That is mostly relevant for on-topic threads, the off-topic may be a little more lenient, depending on context.
However, repeated display of that behaviour calls for warnings with points, which stack and hence the mute may escalate. One offense is not like the other in terms of punishment, because that factors in your track record.

You may also just not want to insult others in general, but rather prove them wrong and engage - if necessary - in a civil manner instead. If you do that outside the forums is of no interest here, but it's generally good advice.

Regarding the event itself:
I've had my fair share of disagreements with the admin staff over the course of seven seasons by now, obviously that happens and things are not perfect, but they're working. If anyone is fed up with the work of the admins, just start a competing event and things might improve.

The player base is small, but it surely can't grow much if the attitude of a lot of players, or even some entire teams do not improve. So maybe those dissatisfied with BEAST should indeed start their own event. Weren't there calls for division S? Make an invite-only tournament if you are interested in something like that, it's really not that difficult, it just requires effort.

also this - and that is from someone who is not exactly a saint either ;)
I've been criticizing and complaining since season 1, haven't been told I was insulting by anyone. Guess its how you go about things.

1. That is the ultima ratio, but something any tournament host should keep in mind. Just tolerating bad behaviour is not the way to go.
2. Again, nothing prevents someone from hosting a tournament. Asking for others to host something is one thing, them expecting you to do anything in regards to it is another. However, if you host something lengthy you may want to check each others timetable, but that's about it and that's also optional.
3. It's a littly baity, but the mere usage of "simp" will not get you in trouble. However, the post itself may be provocative and considered flame baiting, this is where it gets problematic. Causation and correlation, not the same thing.
4. The point of a false sense of entilement still stands, as it makes a ton of sense when you consider the context of calling for someone to "be less of a simp and do X instead".

Also some general notes regarding mod action on this forum: Just calling someone a dickhead will usually just be a verbal and have the ad hominem snipped. That is mostly relevant for on-topic threads, the off-topic may be a little more lenient, depending on context.
However, repeated display of that behaviour calls for warnings with points, which stack and hence the mute may escalate. One offense is not like the other in terms of punishment, because that factors in your track record.

You may also just not want to insult others in general, but rather prove them wrong and engage - if necessary - in a civil manner instead. If you do that outside the forums is of no interest here, but it's generally good advice.

Regarding the event itself:
I've had my fair share of disagreements with the admin staff over the course of seven seasons by now, obviously that happens and things are not perfect, but they're working. If anyone is fed up with the work of the admins, just start a competing event and things might improve.

The player base is small, but it surely can't grow much if the attitude of a lot of players, or even some entire teams do not improve. So maybe those dissatisfied with BEAST should indeed start their own event. Weren't there calls for division S? Make an invite-only tournament if you are interested in something like that, it's really not that difficult, it just requires effort.

also this - and that is from someone who is not exactly a saint either ;)
Concerning ur point "4." I just simply disagree with what u call entitlement, but oh well.. agree to disagree I guess.

Also, an invite-only tournament wouldn't fix the issue, that most people wont be there in July. Hosting it later (August - September) or hosting it immediatly (June to maybe mid-July) would fix those issues I think. It's just extremely bad timing.

Team Name: The Black Brethren
Team Tag: [BCNR]

Contact 1: BlackCorsair
Contact 2: Nord
Contact 3: PLAST
Banner:
bcnr_logo.jpg
Roster:

We are the heirs of the team "Teutonic Orden + Black Team" from Beast 7, so we prefer to get slot in division C.

Last edited:
??? Popowicz asked Aeronwen to host one, after she looked for hosts and she didn't respond to him (twice). Maybe simp less for her and actually check what ppl plan to do?

So Aero has to host a tournament just because Popowicz asks her?
And before you acted as if I owed you a tournament?

Dude I don't know...

Did you pay us or something? Cause I really didn't get my paycheck then. I just can't understand your attitude.

Maybe get a reality check.

Also please don't call me a simp, I don't appreciate that. Me and Aero a friends that's all. Try to understand that concept if you can.

I mean, what can you do, you can ban them? You just pointed it out yourself what could be done. Where is the issue with banning half of Div A for being absolute baboons when it comes to interaction with the admins and generally the people in this community? The rest of the tournament teams is not doing anything like the clown show in Div A, so yeah, I gotta say, krex pointed it quite well with:
feeling more and more like removing div A might actually be a good idea lol
Meant it actually half serious as a troll, but gotta back you up there buddy, it might actually be a good idea.

Edit:
To be fair, BEAST#7 was quite the ****show, with rules being changed mid-tournament etc. So I do understand people wanting a change in host & administration
Well, four months (!) of time and noone wanted to host their own thing. Just asking for BEAST to be handed over after saying the entire thing is garbage is kinda a non-starter either. In the end, I think more than 10 people approached me and asked if I'd be up for hosting BEAST because there are not enough capable souls of hosting themselves. Very sad, but that's the way it is.

Last edited:
I mean, what can you do, you can ban them? You just pointed it out yourself what could be done. Where is the issue with banning half of Div A for being absolute baboons when it comes to interaction with the admins and generally the people in this community? The rest of the tournament teams is not doing anything like the clown show in Div A, so yeah, I gotta say, krex pointed it quite well with:
Meant it actually half serious as a troll, but gotta back you up there buddy, it might actually be a good idea.
I mean for me it just sounds like u've got a personal vendetta with div A teams, cuz they critisized u for being biased.
So Aero has to host a tournament just because Popowicz asks her?
And before you acted as if I owed you a tournament?

Dude I don't know...

Did you pay us or something? Cause I really didn't get my paycheck then. I just can't understand your attitude.

Maybe get a reality check.

Also please don't call me a simp, I don't appreciate that. Me and Aero a friends that's all. Try to understand that concept if you can.
Aeronwen asked for hosts, Popowicz replied to that and showed his interest in hosting, she blanked him. I used that as an example to counter your "You could have hosted a tournament yourself" argument, cuz when people tried to, they got ignored by people with actual experience at hosting stuff. That's the whole point of my posts here.

I never acted as if u owed me anything, I was just surprised by your attitude towards hosting a tournament, when u clearly didn't know about people actually showing interest in hosting one. I don't even fully know who u are, so like.. I didn't demand ANYTHING from u.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom