BEAST - Bannerlord Early Access Skirmish Tournament

BEAST is the first Bannerlord Skirmish tournament in Europe.

Quick Overview

Category
Bannerlord
Language
English (UK)
Total members
Total events
Total discussions

[BEAST 7] Suggestions

Users who are viewing this thread

So, why did you removed the promotion matches during the tournament? Shouldn't you remove it before it starts or just don't touch them? (You had like 2 months to think about it. BEAST6-7 time break.) You just can't touch big rules regulation during the tournament, is that joke or something?

You guys bring them during BEAST6 and everyone said that, this is bad because everyone has to play same opponent twice week in a row. Literally everyone played 2 week in a row same opponent. It was literally useless because of this and everyone complained. Now into BEAST7 the best sample to use, you didn't even mentioned into leaders about it (remove or stay), just did after DM match. It makes everything suspicious.

I offer you to ask leaders about it and have discuss. It even shouldn't be like that because we had lots of discussion over whole BEAST and the administration said that: "We can't remove or change rules during the tournament." You should keep your words as administration group.

Edit: Also in additional, I just remembered you brought this promotion thing during BEAST6 after week3 or week4. Not even beginning of the BEAST6, people complained about it also and you are doing to same mistake again.

1. The promotion system is not changed.
2. The extra 'semi finals' in div A only were removed.
3. This decision was made before the tourney start but due to time constraint, lack of notes etc implementation was delayed.
4. The addition of the semis was to give div A something to do in the 'extra week. Last season all the div A teams complained about it. So we said we would remove it.

What has changed for some div A players that the semis that were complained about last season are now a wanted innovation?

2. The extra 'semi finals' in div A only were removed.
I offer you to ask leaders about it and have discuss. It even shouldn't be like that because we had lots of discussion over whole BEAST and the administration said that: "We can't remove or change rules during the tournament." You should keep your words as administration group.
3. This decision was made before the tourney start but due to time constraint, lack of notes etc implementation was delayed.
No one has spoken about it? We don't know your internal stuff and don't care, if you wanted to change or add something to affect others, you should talk with others.
4. The addition of the semis was to give div A something to do in the 'extra week. Last season all the div A teams complained about it. So we said we would remove it.
You guys bring them during BEAST6 and everyone said that, this is bad because everyone has to play same opponent twice week in a row. Literally everyone played 2 week in a row same opponent. It was literally useless because of this and everyone complained. Now into BEAST7 the best sample to use, you didn't even mentioned into leaders about it (remove or stay), just did after DM match. It makes everything suspicious.
Like I said before, If you had read what I've said to you, you would get it. However, let me get clear on this. It is really easy to get it: "It was bad for the BEAST6 because you guys brought this after 4 week and it was useless due to we played 2 same opponent in a row." As an idea its not that bad and far as I remembered we said that, you can bring this on BEAST7.

Its not about really rules tho, you guys doing what ever you want while this everything affect us. BEAST tournament is literally has bad image of these reckless moves.

No one has spoken about it? We don't know your internal stuff and don't care, if you wanted to change or add something to affect others, you should talk with others.

Like I said before, If you had read what I've said to you, you would get it. However, let me get clear on this. It is really easy to get it: "It was bad for the BEAST6 because you guys brought this after 4 week and it was useless due to we played 2 same opponent in a row." As an idea its not that bad and far as I remembered we said that, you can bring this on BEAST7.

Its not about really rules tho, you guys doing what ever you want while this everything affect us. BEAST tournament is literally has bad image of these reckless moves.
I remember entire Division A crying about the semi finals being a dumb idea which should be abolished immediately.

I brought up this feedback in the preliminary talks about it to my other administration colleagues. We decided to remove them before the tournament.
What went down then is that I was inquired if Semi Finals are happening now or not in a discord chat and I answered (17th of January!) that they're not happening as the concept was scrapped. I also went to the other admins to produce confirmation in this case, since I could not explain why this is in the rules when we clearly opted to not have them at all.
I don't see a reason to have them after the gigaton of hate I received last season for it.

If something is actually very regrettable it is the fact that we have been not careful and considerate enough to remove this instantly from the ruleset and the communication about an already made decision has been poorly conducted. However, this narrative which has been derived in some matchmaking discord chat that this is a conspiracy and this has been decided inpromptu after me counting cats passing at my window is nonsense and humbug.

Any insinuations or ideas that this is a move to help a particular team is even more ridiculous and I strongly disapprove of this pseudo-WHEE-Behavior surfacing again.

Last edited:
Any punishment for misplacing a tag is silly and it should be at least specified in the rules.

Any punishment for misplacing a tag is silly and it should be at least specified in the rules.

The choice is between players having some common snese or having rules many pages long that spell out every detail.
I choose to believe that most players can work out that the admin reason for tags (there are play reasons too) are for the search and sort functions.

§ 15 Player Names & Tags
(3) The team must wear the team tag (through the clan system and Steam) that is used in the roster thread.

It is common sense for you because you happen to be used to it this particular way. The truth is there is no standard for it one way or another. Typically games, such as Bannerlord does with the clan tag, will have a separate column for it so it wouldn't even be in the name in the first place.

That said in general if there is no explicit rule against something, it shouldn't be punishable with suspensions or worse at all. Simply because no rules are broken to begin with. People agree to a written set of rules and if it's not in there how are they to know? If it's a common unwritten consensus something should be done a certain way at most it should warrant a warning unless maybe it is a repeat offence. It's silly and unwarranted because again, how are they to know if they are new players?

Woo, here we go again.

For names, it's acceptable to add random things at the start or at the end (or both), but a sub-tag being at the end of the name is an instant suspension? Honestly, get a grip. You're being ridiculous.

It is common sense for you because you happen to be used to it this particular way. The truth is there is no standard for it one way or another. Typically games, such as Bannerlord does with the clan tag, will have a separate column for it so it wouldn't even be in the name in the first place.
Consider the ruling I made as setting a standard. Thanks.
Teamtags should be put before the actual nickname for the sake of simplicity.
Before the question arises again, the {CRINGEFAMOUS} is getting tolerated.

That said in general if there is no explicit rule against something, it shouldn't be punishable with suspensions or worse at all. Simply because no rules are broken to begin with. People agree to a written set of rules and if it's not in there how are they to know? If it's a common unwritten consensus something should be done a certain way at most it should warrant a warning unless maybe it is a repeat offence. It's silly and unwarranted because again, how are they to know if they are new players?
With this the matter for me is closed. Your player is not suspended and while I find it good that you advocate for your clanmates and stand up for them, there is no need for a multiple pages long discussion in this regard.
We exercised meaningful leniency here and I made quite clear how I expect your teams to act, you can either use this ruling I made clear in our direct conversation as a guideline on how it should be done and explain it to your clan mates or you can argue with me over five pages again, which will lead nowhere, this is a "Suggestions" thread and not "Argue with the Administration over random stuff until the Sun goes out" thread.

Last edited:
No need for pages of discussion. We simply suggest you add things to the rules if you are going to suspend people for these things so that this rule is no surprise to anyone, easy as that. You only have to add 4 words to the rules, I don't see any problem:
(3) The team must wear the team tag in front of their name (through the clan system and Steam) that is used in the roster thread.

I suggest whichever rule that made this "..spread instructions on how to modify the game openly across multiple discords." an offense is removed. Thank you for your time,

sometimes you have to use common sense. The rules cannot cover every possible circumstance. I would expect spreading hacks through the community to be obviously wrong to every player with integrity.
You cannot possible believe that your recent decisions are based on common sense. Varadin getting banned, okay he did modify game files, so that's there. But it's nowhere close to having and entire tournament ban, and on top of that you "lowering" the ban for 3 weeks, which bassicly means entire tournament anyway. Also there is no single sane person in the world that possibly believe that having a crosshair is a deciding factor in a match, ESPECIALLY on infantry. So yeah you handling default is also a lack of common sense. We should maybe keep on those kind of "robotic sense" approach for the future, so we can have again people banned for different health bar colour. :grin:

You cannot possible believe that your recent decisions are based on common sense. Varadin getting banned, okay he did modify game files, so that's there. But it's nowhere close to having and entire tournament ban, and on top of that you "lowering" the ban for 3 weeks, which bassicly means entire tournament anyway. Also there is no single sane person in the world that possibly believe that having a crosshair is a deciding factor in a match, ESPECIALLY on infantry. So yeah you handling default is also a lack of common sense. We should maybe keep on those kind of "robotic sense" approach for the future, so we can have again people banned for different health bar colour. :grin:

How is it hard to just not modify the game files?
The point of a tournament is a contest of skill in game, not skill in coding.

These situations are horrible for the admins. There is no good answer and people who think there is will usually loudly argue the opposite when the situation is reversed for them.

If you think it would be helpful to have a player discussion on allowing modifications in future please feel free to open a thread. But attacking individuals is unhelpful, unneccessary and pointless.

3 week ban
The longstanding consequence of using certain modifications (aim hack etc, if proved, are different, longer global bans) was to 'ban for the remainder of the tournament'. This is obviously a variable amount and no deterrent at all for the finals.
It seemed more fair to settle on specific number and, if necessary, to carry the ban over to the next season.

I am going to say I have a lot of sympathy for Varadin in this case. I accept that he had no intention to cheat and we all know he is a very skilled player.
I suspect that the modification was thought of as OK because a lot of people were doing it.

Last edited:
I am going to say I have a lot of sympathy for Varadin in this case. I accept that he had no intention to cheat and we all know he is a very skilled player.
I suspect that the modification was thought of as OK because a lot of people were doing it.

Mb use common sense and cancel your decision then?

Mb use common sense and cancel your decision then?

hmmm
Is your claim that if, perhaps, a number of people are breaking a tournament rule that it is OK to break the tournament rule? (in which case which number makes it OK and how do the admins determine that number has been reached?)
Or
Is your claim that because someone did not know the rule or failed to realise that a very clear rule applied, that the rules should not be applied by the admins? (in which case how do the admins determine which players really didn't know about the rule and which ones are just saying it to escape consequences?)
Or
Is your claim that because I (or any admin), personally, like or believe a player that they should be able to break rules with impunity? (in which case why have any rules at all?)

Is your claim that because someone did not know the rule or failed to realise that a very clear rule applied, that the rules should not be applied by the admins? (in which case how do the admins determine which players really didn't know about the rule and which ones are just saying it to escape consequences?)
If he would want to escape consequences he wouldn’t stream his gameplay, would he? It’s obvious that he didn’t have even a single thought that he is cheating or something.
Let’s make it clear.
Did we win coz of this dot? Obviously not. Are DM deserved to be in finals coz of our skill and teamwork? Yes.
I would understand your decision if speech would be about real cheats like aimbot, wallhack etc, but it’s only dot. In other competitive games like cs or dota, you can edit your config files in game folder and no one never had problems with that since config files are placed there literally to be edited by user. But I’m not excusing it in this particularly case coz rule is rule. But there is in rules about cheating written that admins will investigate every particularly case and will make decision according common sense. So don’t you think that 12 0 default which is ruining chances of obviously strongest team in the current beast to be in finals is too strict and going against the common sense? Even ban player for that would be too strict. Dot which is not gives you really advantage deserves only warning at best.
qL8Wdopo4Qs.jpg

I tried this dot by my own and for me it’s only interrupting since I used to focus my eyes on enemies actions and this dot interrupting me to do that so I removed it after 15 mins gameplay. So it’s literally not giving you any advantage and just individual feature like mouse sensitivity (which you also can edit in game config files)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom