BEAST - Bannerlord Early Access Skirmish Tournament

BEAST is the first Bannerlord Skirmish tournament in Europe.

Quick Overview

Category
Bannerlord
Language
English (UK)
Total members
Total events
Total discussions

[BEAST 6] Suggestions

Users who are viewing this thread

Beast-Avatar-2update.png

Suggestions

Please post your suggestions, questions and comments relating to BEAST#6 in this thread.

Any substantive suggestion requiring an in-depth discussion would be better in a separate thread. We also look forward to any constructive criticism concerning BEAST#5

Feel free to comment on any aspect of the tournament but it remains the case that aspects of tournament administration are limited by the early access nature of the game.

...~x*
Beast-Avatar-2.png
Beast-Avatar-2.png
Beast-Avatar-2.png
*x~...​

Last edited:
New thread, next opportunity to pick up the "can we postpone the tournament" again.

From the other thread:
I would prefer to push the start back by at least another week (due to holidays etc).
So I would suggest that the tournament start would be 23rd august instead.. so we actually have a bigger break between tournaments in summer.
I agree on that. We should delay at least 1 week and that means 23rd august. People got tired from last beast and needs time. I also suggest lets wait for 1.6.1 patch to start beast.
I am guessing 1.6.1 will be released for Gamescom on the 25th of August because it's a big event for Taleworlds.

Offer.
The content of the proposal: New Rule

Teams that finished the tournament with the 1st and 2nd wins 2 times in a row should not enter the matches during this period.

For example, my friends in DM and RM may be angry with me, but these two clans are made up of very good players. However, compared to the rivalry of these two teams, it would not be good for other teams in the tournament to walk away directly from the tournament. Although I entered as Free Beast with KW, VW, I see this a lot in other clans, most of you are aware of it.

I think it would be more correct to introduce a new restriction or rule to make the tournament more functional. Otherwise, it is certain that one tournament will be won by RM, the other tournament won by DM will win, or someone will be 2nd.

By the way, this is not just about RM or DM. It would not be good to have teams that are constantly on the 1st, 2nd and 3rd lists in a row. A little change would be good for other teams progress and development.

In the meantime, I recommend that you set the tournament start date as 25 or 30 August.

Offer.

Teams that finished the tournament with the 1st and 2nd wins 2 times in a row should not enter the matches during this period.

For example, my friends in DM and RM may be angry with me, but these two clans are made up of very good players. However, compared to the rivalry of these two teams, it would not be good for other teams in the tournament to walk away directly from the tournament. Although I entered as Free Beast with KW, VW, I see this a lot in other clans, most of you are aware of it.

I think it would be more correct to introduce a new restriction or rule to make the tournament more functional. Otherwise, it is certain that one tournament will be won by RM, the other tournament won by DM will win, or someone will be 2nd.

By the way, this is not just about RM or DM. It would not be good to have teams that are constantly on the 1st, 2nd and 3rd lists in a row. A little change would be good for other teams progress and development.

In the meantime, I recommend that you set the tournament start date as 25 or 30 August.
I don't think that would be good. If either DM or RM isn't allowed to play than they would be rightfully upset and they might just join an other clan (that would be a loophole) if that happens. You cannot allow them to not play just because they are the best teams right now. Yes, they are dominating but some day there will be a new team dethronening them. That happend in Warband aswell. Teams have to work their way up to become the best and for that they have to beat the best.

I don't think that would be good. If either DM or RM isn't allowed to play than they would be rightfully upset and they might just join an other clan (that would be a loophole) if that happens. You cannot allow them to not play just because they are the best teams right now. Yes, they are dominating but some day there will be a new team dethronening them. That happend in Warband aswell. Teams have to work their way up to become the best and for that they have to beat the best.

This is not just an issue that concerns DM and RM. It has nothing to do with the fact that they are rightfully upset. And that's what happened in Warband, as you said. In addition, this league has been organized for months and the winning clans are determined, but it is determined as the balance of power. If it's Beast 6 or even Beast 7 victory is still clear for DM and RM.

But there must be a way to fix this situation. This is not just an issue that concerns DM and RM. It has nothing to do with the fact that they are rightfully upset. And that's what happened in Warband, as you said. In addition, this league has been organized for months and the winning clans are determined.
If Beast 6-7-.... continues and I don't think the victory will be between other clans in this format but 3rd place may change.

Also, Now, no one can use the words "play a little badly" to these two clan players, but unfortunately this is a situation that has been applied due to the structure of the tournament.

We saw this a lot in the Napoleonic Wars environment, and in a league consisting of 26 players, he won 2 or even 3 times in a row. We saw that the 1st, 2nd and 3rd teams did not change and an idea was put forward about it and the organization was corrected. Then some things got better.

What I'm saying may sound a little different, but what I want to say is the rule structure.

"The 1st place champion team for twice tournament seasons will not qualify for the next tournament."

That's my opinion.

Offer.

I am not entirely sure what you mean. Is it this:

A team that has placed either 1st or second in 2 in two subsequent tournaments is not allowed to enter the next tournament?

I consider that bizarre. Would anyone really want to 'win' a tournament simply by having better teams banned from playing?

Perhaps I have misunderstood what you mean.

To be clear,this tournament is open to everyone, skilled players and unskilled. If a team wants to sign up they can play. Only cheating & rule breaking would prevent player or teams from participating.

If you want to win then you have to be better than everyone else.

Offer.

I got the idea of it but, I don't see a reasonable point that why are you want to "punish" successful guys. It may change the champion and second place but, the way for it, you have to better than these teams. Your way is totally no sense I am sorry.

Suggestions:

1. I would suggest maybe you should rename the BEAST like Season1, Season2.. Each seasons can contain 4-5 tournament and it is prevent the BEAST92847124982 basically.
2. You should make final maps ban&pick from 5 maps not from 4 maps. That means draw map will decide after the bans&picks.
3. You shouldn't ban players just because of name differences. It didnt happened to my clan but, I think this rule is no sense.
4. Someone who finished league at the first place additionally should decide 2 factions. For example: Khuzait-Aseria will decide by first team, X-Y faction will decide by tournament administration. It will motivate people to finish at the first place. Also there will be really meaning to be first place.

I am not entirely sure what you mean. Is it this:

A team that has placed either 1st or second in 2 in two subsequent tournaments is not allowed to enter the next tournament?

I consider that bizarre. Would anyone really want to 'win' a tournament simply by having better teams banned from playing?

Perhaps I have misunderstood what you mean.

To be clear,this tournament is open to everyone, skilled players and unskilled. If a team wants to sign up they can play. Only cheating & rule breaking would prevent player or teams from participating.

If you want to win then you have to be better than everyone else.

My opinion is just a suggestion. In other words, whether it is directly at the disposal of organizations. Again, the choice is yours.

That's why I thought it would be annoying for other clans to have two clans competing and dominating the tournament. Because people don't experience that excitement in the early days of BEAST, that's what I sensed.

I got the idea of it but, I don't see a reasonable point that why are you want to "punish" successful guys. It may change the champion and second place but, the way for it, you have to better than these teams. Your way is totally no sense I am sorry.

Suggestions:

1. I would suggest maybe you should rename the BEAST like Season1, Season2.. Each seasons can contain 4-5 tournament and it is prevent the BEAST92847124982 basically.
2. You should make final maps ban&pick from 5 maps not from 4 maps. That means draw map will decide after the bans&picks.
3. You shouldn't ban players just because of name differences. It didnt happened to my clan but, I think this rule is no sense.
4. Someone who finished league at the first place additionally should decide 2 factions. For example: Khuzait-Aseria will decide by first team, X-Y faction will decide by tournament administration. It will motivate people to finish at the first place. Also there will be really meaning to be first place.

If you noticed, I didn't say anything because I want to punish you and RM, DM members. Your guys and (DM, RM) have won your championship by right and I am aware that you have won by right. But guess that there are two or three teams in a row who know they will be champions. Just think about which one will be #1 this season. It is not difficult to guess. RM or DM. It's that simple.

So why would so many clans spend time fighting and competing DM and RM when they can compete with the community? There must be a way to fix this.

As for your suggestions,

1.I'm already in favor of this Beast formation being an elimination league rather than a direct tournament. Also, it shouldn't be a very frequent event. But in the current EA conditions, you can guess that forming a league can lead to different complications.

2. I think BEAST 2 maps, other map selections should be a fair draw between two clan officials.

3. This is the first time I've seen a tournament that banned a person due to a name difference. I hope they avoid this mistake.

Suggestions:

1. Tbh we expected EA to end before now. We didn't really plan for this to go on for years.
2. There is a thread about this - either no-one cares enough to post or we will reach consensus.
3. Do you mean players who sign up under one name then use another in a match. It is a simple rule that most players have no trouble with. As has been said many times before it helps admin with the few checks available to them .
4. well faction picking would be a possibility. So far we think it will promote more one sided matches and so is not really desiriable. But if you think there is a majority in favour how about making a separate thread listing the pros and cons and asking for reponses?

As for your suggestions,

1.I'm already in favor of this Beast formation being an elimination league rather than a direct tournament. Also, it shouldn't be a very frequent event. But in the current EA conditions, you can guess that forming a league can lead to different complications.

2. I think BEAST 2 maps, other map selections should be a fair draw between two clan officials.

3. This is the first time I've seen a tournament that banned a person due to a name difference. I hope they avoid this mistake.

1. I think an elimination tournament between BEAST seasons would work well. But we did not find it a good solution for maintaining the play of all players and all teams. Also for that sort of tournament it would be better to have more tools available to admins.

2. Do you mean all matches? so a team would for instance be able to avoid a map through the whole season? why would this be an improvement? Actually this would just not be practical, it is difficult enough and takes up way too much time to get all teams to schedule (thanks to those that simply get it done every week without drama), trying to get all the teams to do their map picking every week is an unacceptable burden on the admins.

3. There is no mistake, all players have to abide by the rules.

Last edited:
So why would so many clans spend time fighting and competing DM and RM when they can compete with the community? There must be a way to fix this.
There is a way to fix this and it is time. There will be a team to rise and challenge these two titans of the scene. It happened in WB as well. If you exclude the good players from the competition though, there will be even less improvement since these teams might scatter, which would produce the result you wish for, but it's an illusion. Talent attracts talent - so there will be another death stack within two seasons max. People will start to ***** again afterwards.

There is a way to fix this and it is time. There will be a team to rise and challenge these two titans of the scene. It happened in WB as well. If you exclude the good players from the competition though, there will be even less improvement since these teams might scatter, which would produce the result you wish for, but it's an illusion. Talent attracts talent - so there will be another death stack within two seasons max. People will start to ***** again afterwards.

Fantastic. My idea was just to create a kind of solidarity of ideas. It's different to do it, but it's better not to do it and take precaution to do something new and fix it. There are both ways. Talent attracts talent, for sure.

I trust you on what you are trying to do. As an idea, I hope DM and RM players who read my messages do not perceive me differently. Also, I have a lot of friends in RM and DM, so don't take it personally.

1. Tbh we expected EA to end before now. We didn't really plan for this to go on for years.
2. There is a thread about this - either no-one cares enough to post or we will reach consensus.
3. Do you mean players who sign up under one name then use another in a match. It is a simple rule that most players have no trouble with. As has been said many times before it helps admin with the few checks available to them .
4. well faction picking would be a possibility. So far we think it will promote more one sided matches and so is not really desiriable. But if you think there is a majority in favour how about making a separate thread listing the pros and cons and asking for reponses?
1. BannerlordEarlyAccessSkirmishTournament. When EA will end, this tournament's name will change aswell. Also when will end this EA? There is no answer for this.
2. Yes, thank you I just saw it.
3. Yes, I mean I don't have any problem with it except I saw you just banned a player for 3rd match. It is so unfair in my opinion. As far as you can identify the player there is no punishment.
4. Why not? I think it is a very good idea.
I think it's inevitable. Time can be change this for sure no one is invincible or something. However, there will be always top clans like RM and DM. Even in Warband most of the finals were the same. Just clan name differences but, nearly same players.

To fire up the competition maybe the admins should consider letting WHEE in DIV A?????
We already ask 4 teams and they are okay playing one extra week. So i still can't understand why this is still a problem for you guys. Everyone complains about DM and RM winning the tournament all the time, then people decide to form a team to challenge those guys but admins making everything so hard for everyone. I am sure DM and RM also want another good team to fight.

This is my suggestion. Admins should create a group chat with all Div A team captains and make a poll for letting in the seventh team. If majority accepts then let us in otherwise don't let us in. We definetly don't want to play in Div B. So it will be nice for us to know if we are going to play this game or not.

Last edited:
To fire up the competition maybe the admins should consider letting WHEE in DIV A?????
We already ask 4 teams and they are okay playing one extra week. So i still can't understand why this is still a problem for you guys. Everyone complains about DM and RM winning the tournament all the time, then people decide to form a team to challenge those guys but admins making everything so hard for everyone. I am sure DM and RM also want another good team to fight.

This is my suggestion. Admins should create a group chat with all Div A team captains and make a poll for letting in the seventh team. If majority accepts then let us in otherwise don't let us in. We definetly don't want to play in Div B. So it will be nice for us to know if we are going to play this game or not.

When the sign-ups close admins will make appropriate decisions about filling any gaps. If your sign-up is contingent on your team being placed in Div A please mention it in your sign up so we don't waste time and effort.

When the sign-ups close admins will make appropriate decisions about filling any gaps. If your sign-up is contingent on your team being placed in Div A please mention it in your sign up so we don't waste time and effort.
:smile: Our main problem is there is NO empty spot in DIV A. All teams are gonna play. The only possible way is making the Div A 7 teams. It shouldn't be that hard to decide.

Back
Top Bottom