BEAST - Bannerlord Early Access Skirmish Tournament

BEAST is the first Bannerlord Skirmish tournament in Europe.

Quick Overview

Category
Bannerlord
Language
English (UK)
Total members
Total events
Total discussions

[BEAST 6] Suggestions

Users who are viewing this thread

I don't want to offend anyone's ego but this is early access tournament WITHOUT ANY PRIZE POOL. Why admins of this tournament acting like this is serious e sport thing like ESL or even International with 40kk+ prize pool?
Easy: Just found your own tournament and donate 40k to a price pool. You might even get a Div A spot there.

Suggestion: Add a promo match between the 2. of last Division and the 5. of second to last Division.

reasons:
- Last Division is usually filled with new teams. It may well be that more than 1 team is good enough to play in a higher liga.
- Last Division has usually more than 6 teams so just one promotion equals less promotion per team compared with other Divisions.
- In all other Divisions the 5. ranked is challenged by a team of lower Division. Only in the second but last Division the 5. team gains a save spot. They should be challenged, too.

Suggestion: New vote on class limits.

Hopefully we can play 1.6.1 when next BEAST starts. Should 1.6.1 come we should have a vote. Inf has gotten new tools and cav is getting some nerfs. If 1.6.1 has not come before first week, I am a bit less reluctant to argue for it.

There is no one stopping any teams from challenging RM or DM.
But if you want to do it within the structure of the tournament you need to follow the tournaments rules.
In this way you are just making the top divisions A and maybe B stale, if you give a chance to stronger teams to form and be placed in the right division you'll spice things up.

In this way you are just making the top divisions A and maybe B stale, if you give a chance to stronger teams to form and be placed in the right division you'll spice things up.

First of all the admins do not prevent any team from forming. Strong or not so strong all are welcome.
Second we have automatic promotion for teams that top a div and automatic demotion for teams that come last in a div so every season the divs will change at least that much (there is also teh chance of fast promotion).

Short of randomly placing the teams there doesn't seemt to be much else the admins can do.

The 'I-want-a-particular-outcome-so-I-will-invent-any-old-rubbish-I-can-as-an-argument' does not work on anyone with a brain so why do it?

We have a mechanism for determining which placing is right for each team, that mechanism is called the tournament. You play matches, you find your place in the ladder.

Short of randomly placing the teams there doesn't seemt to be much else the admins can do.

We have a mechanism for determining which placing is right for each team, that mechanism is called the tournament. You play matches, you find your place in the ladder.
But you are already "randomly" placing a team by offering them Div B, because you are (correctly, imo) using your judgement to deem them a very strong team and that it would be silly to place them lower. So the tournament isn't the only mechanism. It also seems clear that if there were a spot in Div A, WHEE would get it, and most seem to agree that would be fine including possible contenders to A, like KW (correct me if I'm wrong guys).

So the main issue is just that there isn't space in A really. To that end, what about a 7 team division A that isn't round robin (so it doesn't prolong the tournament)?

I would be more acceptable to this idea if div C winner had to face 2nd in B to to face 5th in A. I know that would extend BEAST by a further week or force 2 matches in one week, but still. There is only one spot for us in div B to get to A....

Well I was speaking more generally in response to TheAndrews strange and incorrect comments.

Ye, if there was a spot in A we would most probably put Whee in it. But it has been the case in previous tournaments that there have not been a most appropriate spot available for a team so we put them in the nearest available place. Something which many players have loudly complained about. Proclaiming that it is unfair for newly formed teams to start anywhere but in the lowest div and claiming that by doing so the admins are practically mandating that teams should reform all teh time...

I really would be reluctant to change the tournament struture for one team.

If we had a 7 teams play 5 weeks that could mean a whole extra set of Bucholz - which is a big increase in work and also each team would miss playing aginst only one other team. Whatver mechanism is used to decide which team is missed by each team my experience tells me everyone will complain about the unfairness of it.

For those who cannot work these things out for themselves - it would mean that one team will have results against every other team except DM and another team will have results against every other team except say DoF (who just promoted). Becuase there is a wide variation in skill even within Div A a lot of players are likely to consider this unfair (because it is).

Last edited:
Several suggestions in this thread and the admins didn't even bother to answer after a week passed by. It seems to me that the only way to draw their attention is to throw a ****show. That indeed proofed to work.

Several suggestions in this thread and the admins didn't even bother to answer after a week passed by. It seems to me that the only way to draw their attention is to throw a ****show. That indeed proofed to work.

If you mean the idea of the extra promo match, it is being considered but tbh until we know how many teams we have, we dont really know how many divs we have. Every change affects the entirety of teh tournament and needs to be thought out.

If you mean a new vote on class limits then that also is being considered.

If you mean anything else that has not already been answered or become redundant then we missed it, please point it out.

"§ 19 Class Restrictions
(1) There may be no more than 2 cav shown on the ui for the team line up at any time during match play.
(2) There may be no more than 2 archers/crossbow shown on the ui for the team line up at any time during match play."

Does this mean you can't have the following example. 2 cav on your team, one dies and does not respawn. One inf player dies, can he then respawn as cav?

"§ 19 Class Restrictions
(1) There may be no more than 2 cav shown on the ui for the team line up at any time during match play.
(2) There may be no more than 2 archers/crossbow shown on the ui for the team line up at any time during match play."

Does this mean you can't have the following example. 2 cav on your team, one dies and does not respawn. One inf player dies, can he then respawn as cav?

Anyone in your team can play cavalry, yes.

I'd suggest UTC instead as some countries have summer times, some don't and the conversion might still be affected.
GMT (+0) == UTC (+0) :smile:

Suggestion: Add a promo match between the 2. of last Division and the 5. of second to last Division.

reasons:
- Last Division is usually filled with new teams. It may well be that more than 1 team is good enough to play in a higher liga.
- Last Division has usually more than 6 teams so just one promotion equals less promotion per team compared with other Divisions.
- In all other Divisions the 5. ranked is challenged by a team of lower Division. Only in the second but last Division the 5. team gains a save spot. They should be challenged, too.
^

If you mean anything else that has not already been answered or become redundant then we missed it, please point it out.
Suggestions:
1. Have a fair vote to use GMT/UTC times instead of BST
Reasoning: GMT/UTC is the standard time for the entire world, BST is only for the British Empire. Or at least allow the usage of both.

2. Don't mandate team tags or tell us the detailed reason why we do this
Reasoning: If we must do this thing fine but at least tell us why. Rules are crazy strict on this thing and nobody knows why except you. Without information, understanding is impossible.

3. Have a fair vote on fast track/pomotion/demotion with the following choices:
Option A: Change nothing
Option B: The system as it is now but where 2nd place is included in the fast track battle (with 1st of lower and 5th of higher in a three-way)
Option C: The old system with two promotions, two demotions, no fast track, with matches only between 2nd of lower vs 5th of higher. 1st and 6th still are automatic.
Option D: As Sikkimoto proposed only do option B in the lowest and second to lowest div as the last division is so much bigger which might mean some teams are stuck there for a long time.

(Option B example, and yes this might mean 2 matches in one week if beast tourneys are that close to eachother. It will be the price they pay for fast track through 2 divs/promotion as 2nd place)
doodle.png

Reasoning: If 2nd place divC > 1st place divD they should have an equal chance at promotion to divB against their 5th. Otherwise the system wouldn't be fair at all to the 2nd place. This would also allow for slightly more promo's/demo's allowing for a faster more fair rearranging of clans per season.

Lastly if you consider any of these things to be too much work I volunteer to help you by doing this work for you and if that is not enough I am able to muster an army of additional helpers if that's what it takes to make these things a reality.

Last edited:
"§ 19 Class Restrictions

i asked this 2 tourneys ago and the answer was that yes, you can respawn and the meaning is that it should no more than 2 cav/archer in play. The wording is still wrong therefore.

these have already been answered.

1. nope - explanation here

When people complain about small things (like having to spend 2 seconds changing their Steam tag for a match) and come up with 'solutions' such as mandating that every player must install a mod and every player must sign up to another website (both of which have been tried before with unhappy results) and neither of which makes sense in a EA game, the admins are going to stop taking that person's suggestions seriously.

3. nope
The current system is a change made in response to a lot of requests previously.
If a further change is needed we would thoroughly investigate the possibilities but a case would have to be made for
1. How the change improves/promotes the aim of teams playing against teams of similar skill.
2. How the change improves teh experience for all teams.

If you are proposing a change to promotions please give details of the entire system for all divs. And state how many teams potentially join/leave each div.
Uusually people proposing changes will realise why their imagined systems are unworkable if they but in a basic level of effort.

Thanks for the offer, however see my answer to 2 for why I think you are unsuited to admin work.

Please stop spamming teh same suggestions over and over when it has alreay been explained amny times why they do not work.

"§ 19 Class Restrictions

i asked this 2 tourneys ago and the answer was that yes, you can respawn and the meaning is that it should no more than 2 cav/archer in play. The wording is still wrong therefore.

(1) There may be no more than 2 cav shown as alive on the ui in the team line up at any time during match play.
(2) There may be no more than 2 archers/crossbow shown as alive on the ui in the team line up at any time during match play.

I understand the above will achieve the OGL seal of approval.
Hopefully class restrictions will soon be gone anyhow.

@Aeronwen Your behavior is bizarre at least. You are trolling your own tournament. This is a suggestion thread and Teugata made suggestions. But you decide to call it a rant for no obvious reason. And while his comment is respectfull and constructive you chose to personally pick on him. Wtf?

@Aeronwen Your behavior is bizarre at least. You are trolling your own tournament. This is a suggestion thread and Teugata made suggestions. But you decide to call it a rant for no obvious reason. And while his comment is respectfull and constructive you chose to personally pick on him. Wtf?
Most of these questions have already been answered in the past suggestion thread, especially with the necessity of certain rules or the unworkable ideas of promotion which might benefit a few, but prove unworkable really quick.

For anyone trying to touch the delicate system of promotion: Be aware that the effects of each modification to the ladder, especially at the top, will radiate through the entire ladder until down to the bottom.

While the interpretation of wording might be debatable depending on the view point (You consider it trolling, I for once do not), I'd like to make sure we all stay on a discussion level of respect. The Wheelchair Goblins have lowered the bar in the past weeks a lot, I'd like to heighten it again.

So please, everyone, stay respectful and polite.

Back
Top Bottom