BEAST - Bannerlord Early Access Skirmish Tournament

BEAST is the first Bannerlord Skirmish tournament in Europe.

Quick Overview

Category
Bannerlord
Language
English (UK)
Total members
Total events
Total discussions

Beast #4 Tiebreaker rule vote

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Beast-Avatar-2update.png

Tiebreaker vote:

Since there were a few complaints on too many draws due to matchups in the past two seasons, we're also voting on a tiebreaker rule:
Each team that has signed up with at least 6 Steam links on their roster may have 1 vote cast by the captain.

Option A) The match will be won by the team with the higher number of sets won. If both teams have an equal amount of sets won, the match results in a draw. Rounds won are not taken into account. ( Current system)

Option B) The match will be won by the team with the higer number of rounds won. If both teams have an equal amount of rounds won, the match results in a draw. Sets won are not taken into account. ( Warband competetive system)

Option C) The match will be won by the team with the higher number of sets won. If both teams have the same amount of sets won, the win is given to the team with the higher number of rounds won. If both teams have an equal amount of sets and rounds won, the match results in a draw. (Hybrid System)

Voting template:
Clan/Team:
I want to vote on Tiebreaker Option A: The current system / B: Warband's competetive system / C: the Hybrid System

Please note:
  • Without class restrictions there will be in game badges for participants
  • Only votes from clans who have signed up here are eligible to be counted
  • Clans who vote twice will have their second vote disregarded, please edit the first vote and post again saying the post is edited.
  • Where a vote is listed by someone other than those noted as a team leader in thesign up thread that vote will be disregarded.

Deadline for the voting is 25th of January.
Team Eligible Tie Breaker
Alliance of Destruction Yes C
Battle Brothers Yes C
Black Team Yes B
Bohemian Guard Yes B
Boynuzlu Kurtlar Partisi Yes B
Chide Village Yes
Defenders of Faith Yes B
Defenders of Fish Yes B
Destiny Makers Yes C
Destiny Manipulators Yes C
Destiny Masters Yes C
Deutschritter Furor Yes C
Deutschritter Luxuria Yes C
Deutschritter Superbia Yes C
Divitiarum Chao Yes
Divitiarum Ordo Yes
Gods of War No
GrandTURK No
Greedy Goblins Yes
Greenskinz No
Hawkband 1 No
Hawkband 2 No
High Five Yes
High Five Second Team Yes
High Five Third Team Yes
House-Hessian Yes
Imperium Polski No
Irish Rebels Yes
Keyboard Warriors Dark Yes
Keyboard Warriors Grey Yes
Knights of Andales No
Légion du Cerbère No
Men of Borr Yes
Risen Manifest Golden Team Yes B
Savage French Baguette Yes
Simia Gentem Yes C
Taleworlds Yes C
TCB No
The Holy Inquisition Yes
The Holy Inquisition 2 Yes C
The Resolute Yes
Vineyard Workers Yes B
Wicked Tavern Fanatics Yes B
Wicked Tavern Fanatics 2 Yes

Last edited by a moderator:
I dont like cluttering these types of threads but may i ask whay arent we considering using the total round differential as the main metric?
It might not be the majority selection but why isnt an option, why is it unnatural to consider?
In option A; when draw there is no difference between a 6-6 or 10-6, or in a win there is no difference between 9-8 and 12-0.
In option B; again do difference between 7-6 and 12-0.
In option C; so an 11-11 means lose for one team win here? (this applies to option A aswell)
Or do I understand option B wrong?

Clan/Team: Vineyard Workers
I want to vote on Tiebreaker Option B: Warband's competitive system

I dont like cluttering these types of threads but may i ask whay arent we considering using the total round differential as the main metric?
It might not be the majority selection but why isnt an option, why is it unnatural to consider?
In option A; when draw there is no difference between a 6-6 or 10-6, or in a win there is no difference between 9-8 and 12-0.
In option C; so an 11-11 means lose for one team win here? (this applies to option A aswell)
The Hybrid system takes account of won sets and is a compromise between both ideas.
You can still draw though! If you have both two sets and the number of rounds then is tied, it's a draw.

No I think option B is what you want. In option B the winner is only decided by rounds. I actually thought I was rather clear when describing them :grin: - so the team with better rounddifference wins.

Maybe let's describe it in slightly more detail:

The worst possible outcome is: Team Yellow 3 (9)-(9) 1 Team Blue

after option A team Team yellow wins because it has the most sets.

after option B it's a draw since both teams have the same amount of rounds (or talking in round difference, the difference would be 0. )

after option C team A won again because we first look at the sets and only if they are even rounds are taken into account.

Last edited:
Thats not what im asking, not the win conditions. Win conditions are clear.
But in option B: does the ranking order decided by total round differential when tourney ends, or do you get 3 points for each win and 1 from draw? Are we are still giving same 3 points for 9-5 and 12-0 as the main ranking statistic. Thats what annoys me the most.

Ah yes.

You still get 3 points for winning and
1 for a draw.

So both 9-5 and 12-0 would give 3 points.

Or do you want to suggest, that 9-5 should give fewer points than 12-0 ?

Exactly. At least if B is selected, that phenomenon shouldnt be allowed, yes. Other options give less reason to try when you are at a faction disadvantage, gives more motive to keep fighting hard like this imho.

I wod suggest to keep things focussed on sets because then you can lose a round to gain more eco and win the set.

Also maybe base the points you get on sets? So the amount of points you get is based on the amount of sets you have won or something like that?

I think we shouldn't change points given for wins and draws to keep the score comparable.

Keep in mind that while every team faces each other team, the factions and maps change.

A win shouldn't be more than a win, and same goes for draws loses. Otherwise easy matches influence the ranking too much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom