BEAST - Bannerlord Early Access Skirmish Tournament

BEAST is the first Bannerlord Skirmish tournament in Europe.

Quick Overview

Category
Bannerlord
Language
English (UK)
Total members
Total events
Total discussions

[BEAST#4] Suggestions

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Beast-Avatar-2update.png

Suggestions

Please post your suggestions, questions and comments relating to BEAST#4 in this thread. Any substantive suggestion requiring an in-depth discussion would be better in a separate thread. We also look forward to any constructive criticism concerning BEAST#4

Feel free to comment on any aspect of the tournament but it remains the case that aspects of tournament administration are limited by the early access nature of the game.

...~x*
Beast-Avatar-2.png
Beast-Avatar-2.png
Beast-Avatar-2.png
*x~...​

After every beast many teams disappear and reform. The change of strength must be considered by the admins because it can result into 7 weeks hardloosing/hardwinning for one team if placed in the wrong division.

Each team should apply for their preferred division and qualification matches should be played if two teams wanna fight for a spot. Relegation matches are not needed that way. Just playoffs.

Some teams might overrate/underrate themself though. What if team 1 applies for div A and gets stomped 12-0. Do they then fight to be in B? There is no telling if they belong in d,c,b or a (!) for that matter.

A team can apply to certain Division but has to play against the lowest team from said Division. If they win they get into the Division they applied to. Incase they lose they can be placed normally in the Division D (if they are a newly formed team). This is just a thought.

From what I heard the general rule is that teams are/ will be primarily based on the division their players played last BEAST. I don't think teams like SGM and GG have to worry about being placed in D as this would be worse for all parties involved.

I dont think a clan should be able to loose its earned spot via some kind of challenge before the main season, of course the strong new teams should alway be filled in where is the highest free spot.
Also if a new team forms out of more then 50% of a roster which played in last season they should be able to take their spot. SGM and Battle Brothers for example.

As the leagues are now we play 8 weeks, once we change to 6 team division we have only 6 weeks, playoffs included. Thats a good way to go.

I dont think a clan should be able to loose its earned spot via some kind of challenge before the main season, of course the strong new teams should alway be filled in where is the highest free spot.
Also if a new team forms out of more then 50% of a roster which played in last season they should be able to take their spot. SGM and Battle Brothers for example.

As the leagues are now we play 8 weeks, once we change to 6 team division we have only 6 weeks, playoffs included. Thats a good way to go.

Yeah we look at the teams roster.
Also small spoiler we will go to 6 teams per division after this season.

I'll explain the transition later today.

So two of KWD main roster left and now they should be forced to play in DivA against their will because they earned their spot? If no DivB team will make a free spot for them they cannot move down without admin decisions.

To be fair, a team which fought for one season to keep their place or whatever should not be robbed because players switch teams fast.
Rapid promotion might solve one of this problems - but we will nuke team cohesion and even the worth of seasons if we just go and let 1) teams who fought for their place in a division via fourth/fifth spot (right now) be kicked out of said divisions because a stronger stack appears or 2) just say arbitrarily on the basis of scrim screenshots that people might need to leave.

How to set up Rapid Promotion? If there's a killer team (we can talk about SGM or Greedy Goblins) we could let them fight multiple promotion matches in a row to let them show their worth if they are eligible for promotion match. That way it would be fair because it is a risk which can be calculated.

But if you just go and let ppl be removed from one division 'randomly', you have to put them somewhere, so you 'randomly' decide another team which fought for their place in a certain division might have to fight another match, maybe even in tournament breaks?
The only one who are taken into account and are favored by this approach are newly formed and stacked killer teams which might even dissolve after the season again. This approach is not only elitist but might make it harder long term because a team which might be forced into a match like this 'randomly' could interpret this as arbitrarily. I strongly urge the tournament staff to not make this decision. You form a new team? Start from the bottom like everyone else has too, unless a spot higher up is free (which then could be fought over in matches again, ofc) and maybe adopt rapid promotion like suggested above.

first of all no team 'owns' a spot in a division.
The whole point of the repeated ladder is to have teams end up in the place that their relative skill dictates.

So a team that has gone through a season ans remins mostly teh same will have their place in the division.
Teams that have the same name but wholesale changes in the roster are not the same team. Teams that have mostly the same roster but change their name are the same team.

Beyond that admins will try to place newly formed teams into an appropriate spot if one is available. Teams may be asked if they want to change divs (as happened when there was an unfillable spot in Div A previously) but if somehting has to give it will be a newly formed team.

You form a new team? Start from the bottom like everyone else has too, unless a spot higher up is free

To be fair, not all teams had to start from the bottom.
But I agree with you that's the whole point of a ladder.
We have some thoughts on fast progression and we will share them with you later but right now we're busy with setting up the next season.
Also we won't have fast progression in this season since we need to handle the transitition from 8 to 6 teams per division first.

But I am really getting ahead of myself. I'll make a post on it later today. I think we found a solution that keeps the tournament engaging enough.

So two of KWD main roster left and now they should be forced to play in DivA against their will because they earned their spot? If no DivB team will make a free spot for them they cannot move down without admin decisions.
Never said anything about forcing anybody, dont know where you get that idea :grin:

KWD wants to play in A, not sure where you get the idea that we want to go to B from. Also I am pretty sure that the two people who left KWD want to play in A as well and I they most likely will be allowed to under the current ruling. I think that if teams want to go a division lower because of player changes the admins will facilitate it, no fun for anyone to have a season of 12-0 stomps.

Explain what should be done if KDW wanted to play DivB but no DivB team wants to give up their spot.
But this assumes that none of the division B teams would want to go to A (If Dark went to B, a B-team could go to the free spot in A). I mean, if you are playing in B, it is to me likely that at least one team would want to go to A. What else are they playing div B for? The chance of any div A not wanting to stay in A, but still wanting to play in BEAST (for example in B) seems even slimmer to me.

But this assumes that none of the division B teams would want to go to A (If Dark went to B, a B-team could go to the free spot in A). I mean, if you are playing in B, it is to me likely that at least one team would want to go to A. What else are they playing div B for? The chance of any div A not wanting to stay in A, but still wanting to play in BEAST (for example in B) seems even slimmer to me.

Well, last season we had a situation where nobody wanted to play in A from divison B.
That's why the spot went to AD.

But the placement of the teams is mostly done anyway.

Talking about teams progression: I hope you all read this thread carefully :https://forums.taleworlds.com/index...east-4-transition-to-6-team-divisions.438574/

But if GG would want to be fair to the other teams and start from the bottom and earn thier spot,like most of the new teams?
Explain that.
Maybe there are teams from B that want to play in A,why give the spot to a new team?
That means every season 6 players from different teams in div A can make a new team just to stay in A.Why you need clans in this community, just make party of 6 players.If you are changing the rules every season, this competition will loose it's prestige and admins their credibility.Last season you got a spot in A for a team and you started asking other teams .First you asked teams from B then C,D and after new teams.So why now should be different.Admins pls respect the community.
P.S. i respect other clans and captains but stop talking about other teams like you know what you are talking about,look in your own courtyard and stop fantasizing and creating ipotetical situations.
Admins i suggest before beast starts, you show us the provisional divisions with arguments,so the whole community can debate and speak their mind, otherwise all the community will sound like goblin noises!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom