BEAST - Bannerlord Early Access Skirmish Tournament

BEAST is the first Bannerlord Skirmish tournament in Europe.

Quick Overview

Category
Bannerlord
Language
English (UK)
Total members
Total events
Total discussions

[BEAST#4] Suggestions

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
It seems we need to officially state our position on the match between DR and SGM. The topic somewhat drowned during the break we had to take during the server issues.
We are not going to alter the result. We always said that due to the nature of early access bugs and issues might happen. This is one of these situations where it finally did.

We cannot, and we don’t want to evaluate the game’s core mechanics. Once we start to evaluate if the game is correctly working every tiny mechanic in the game will become questionable.
So even though it may be a bug we will stick to the way the game counted the rounds.
The only reason for us to look at bugs and glitches is if the admins consider it is abused by the players.

No "bugs" should not be treated equally.
There is a huge difference between

Crashing -> You cannot rejoin your game cause mechanics actually prevent you from rejoining

Lag -> You cannot do anything against it cause it's an issue on taleworlds side -> You can try VPN which might help

Wrong winning team -> You can see it and fix it cause you can see the result, you can see what was wrong etc. There is no mechanics which prevents you from doing this.

Saying every bug should be treated equaliy is like forbidding players to rejoin after crashing if Bannerlord had such an option or forbid players to use VPN to fix their ping / packageloss issues.

Whenever you can fix it on your own you should do it, thats just common sense.

No "bugs" should not be treated equally.
There is a huge difference between

Crashing -> You cannot rejoin your game cause mechanics actually prevent you from rejoining

Lag -> You cannot do anything against it cause it's an issue on taleworlds side -> You can try VPN which might help

Wrong winning team -> You can see it and fix it cause you can see the result, you can see what was wrong etc. There is no mechanics which prevents you from doing this.
See here's my problem with this.
You say
1. crashing -> ...
2. lag - >
3. wrong winning team -> WAT ??
Problem with that is instead of 3. wrong winning team it should say 3. bug that causes the dead team with more morale to win.

Because with your logic everything could be
1. wrong winning team -> ...
2. wrong winning team -> ...
3. wrong winning team -> ...

Now ofcourse that with lag and crash the chance of the wrong winning team is smaller in the sense that maybe the weaker team gets the crash and the outcome is the same.

But there is a good 50% chance that it's the other way around

In other words there is a 50% chance that crash/lag/or some other bug have exacly the same outcome. Wrong winning team.

Don't you see my point ?

Why didn't you try to have a rematch then?
Thank god we posted immediately here on the forums after the match to hear this from you.... now... two months later.

Edit: 1or3, sorry but I don't bother answering anymore to this. I simply disagree with your argumentation and I am tired of listening to "just accept bugs in any form and don't try todo anything about it" in any form.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom