BEAST - Bannerlord Early Access Skirmish Tournament

BEAST is the first Bannerlord Skirmish tournament in Europe.

Quick Overview

Category
Bannerlord
Language
English (UK)
Total members
Total events
Total discussions

[Beast #2] Suggestions

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
What will happen if either one or both teams can't play on the sheduled time ? default losses ?

Edit: In case i missed it written somewhere, how long will the ladder stage last?

Last edited:
I hope the rules are clear on scheduling - if you think they are not can you let me know and I will see what I can do.

§ 6 Scheduling

(1) Matches should be scheduled by posting in the fixtures thread before 19:00 BST, Thursday of each week.
(2) If a team cannot contact their opponent, that team should post at least two dates and times for their match in the appropriate thread before Wednesday 23:59 BST. If the teams have not agreed a match time before the scheduling deadline, the admins will post a time of their choosing.
(3) Teams may subsequently agree a non default time by posting in the fixtures thread.
(4) If the two teams agree, matches can be played at any day & time before the match deadline. If a match is not played by the deadline and neither team posted, the result will be a 0-0 loss for both teams.
(5) Each week ends at midnight BST on Sunday.

the timescale is in the format part
§ 3 Tournament Format
(4) After 5 weeks of regular play in all divisions, in the 6th week the championship final and promotion matches as detailed below.

I am not aware if the question I'm about ask is answered elsewhere. As everyone knows players from certain regions and ISP's can not connect to TW servers atm. These players currently either stopped playing the game or using a vpn. I have a player who has to use a vpn to connect but due to the vpn has an abhorrent ping. We found out that if he turns off the vpn after connecting to the server he can play with a normal ping. Would this method be considered IP/identity manipulation by the admin team? Furthermore 10% of the time when vpn is turned off the player is auto-kicked, if we decide to use our reset rights for this occurence would we be punished for unnecesary delaying etc.? Or is there any other solution we are not aware of?

Edit: Also another question: I am planning to host a vpn connection from my own pc for said player during tourney matches again would this be considered IP/identity manipulation?

I am not aware if the question I'm about ask is answered elsewhere. As everyone knows players from certain regions and ISP's can not connect to TW servers atm. These players currently either stopped playing the game or using a vpn. I have a player who has to use a vpn to connect but due to the vpn has an abhorrent ping. We found out that if he turns off the vpn after connecting to the server he can play with a normal ping. Would this method be considered IP/identity manipulation by the admin team? Furthermore 10% of the time when vpn is turned off the player is auto-kicked, if we decide to use our reset rights for this occurence would we be punished for unnecesary delaying etc.? Or is there any other solution we are not aware of?

Edit: Also another question: I am planning to host a vpn connection from my own pc for said player during tourney matches again would this be considered IP/identity manipulation?

There are no IP requirements for this tournament.
The difficulty of player being kicked from the server is this:
ideally if a player loses connection before the set starts both teams would consider it an automatic restart, no matter how many times it happens.
Sometimes a team needs to play within a certain timeframe so if the other team keeps dcing it ends up being a problem.
We try to steer a middle ground through this in the rules but hopefully, with good will & good sportsmanship on both sides it wont be an issue to restart if a player dcs and needs to reconnect as long as the set is still in warm-up.

but if we promised the last team training from hairless they would all try to be last.....

Btw, just realised, we have 8 teams in div A, 10 in B, 16 in C.
Maybe for this time, after all matches, would be right to move top4 teams of div C to div B, and 2 top teams of div B to div A.

In this case we would get 10 teams in div A and 12 in B and C.
Just to make equal number of teams in divisions.
Dont know, maybe its not right, just an idea

Btw, just realised, we have 8 teams in div A, 10 in B, 16 in C.
Maybe for this time, after all matches, would be right to move top4 teams of div C to div B, and 2 top teams of div B to div A.

In this case we would get 10 teams in div A and 12 in B and C.
Just to make equal number of teams in divisions.
Dont know, maybe its not right, just an idea

Almost every team is in the division that they requested. The divisions are (supposed to) reflect a skill hierarchy. No division is too small for the tournament to work.
What is the reason for attempting to equalise numbers in each division and does it override teams being comfortable with the division they are in?

As there is no financial aspect, there is no real interest in moving up divisions
I'd say the whole reason most of us are playing in the division we're in is because we wanna have fun playing against people on our own skill level (or challenge ourselves with opponents above our level).
I also think the pure aspect of being able to brag about winning, or at least playing in, Division A is something that some people aspire. If your only reason to play this game "competitively" is to make money, you'll get disappointed quite quickly I think.

I'd say the whole reason most of us are playing in the division we're in is because we wanna have fun playing against people on our own skill level (or challenge ourselves with opponents above our level).
I also think the pure aspect of being able to brag about winning, or at least playing in, Division A is something that some people aspire. If your only reason to play this game "competitively" is to make money, you'll get disappointed quite quickly I think.

You're obviously right Jakob :wink:

Almost every team is in the division that they requested. The divisions are (supposed to) reflect a skill hierarchy. No division is too small for the tournament to work.
What is the reason for attempting to equalise numbers in each division and does it override teams being comfortable with the division they are in?

IMHO, one of the key reasons, that div A teams need to play only 7 matches for each team, while div C need to play 15 games each team. I suppose div A wouldnt mind to play more matches, while div C as more relaxed div maybe would like to play less matches.
And look at it also that way - when div A already pllayed all matches, div C would still need 8 more weeks to finish their matches. So when div C would only finish their matches, div A would already want new tournament, while div C just finished and need rest

So in that ascpect, equalising is very helpful.

Last edited:
Ah so you would prefer that the ladder was a RR with more unequal matches then a short ldder with less skill difference?
Im telling you that 90% of ppl don't know how this ladder works. I also have doubts that 5 games will be enough.
Double Round Robin would be nice for comparability but then we need smaller skill difference.
Maybe like this:
DivA - 4 Teams DoubleRR
DivB - 8 Teams SingleRR
DivC - 8 Teams SingleRR
DivD - Rest with any structure.

IMHO, one of the key reasons, that div A teams need to play only 7 matches for each team, while div C need to play 15 games each team. I suppose div A wouldnt mind to play more matches, while div C as more relaxed div maybe would like to play less matches.
This is not how Beast2 works. All leagues will only play 5 games.

You have to take into account that many teams will extensively prepare for their Div A matches because if you sign up for Div A and don't prepare you'll get demolished. Even if no money is involved, some teams might want to settle scores from BEAST#1 or just want to brag how Jakob already pointed out. There are strong teams in that division and these matches will probably be intense and fun to watch and play aswell.
I do not know how hard people in Div C prepare but since I assume that some teams who sign up there and are more casual, there is less workload for them in prepping up.

As Team Captain, I do not mind for less matches, since then the individual match is counting way more. Teams should have the incentive to give their best because there might be not a second shot.
I can just speak for myself, but Deutschritter joined BEAST#1 with the clear intention of trying to win the tournament. That road was cut short by Keyboard Warriors in QF.

BEAST#2's first week of Div A sees actually quite the interesting matchups with Risen Manifest vs. Destiny Masters (Finals reloaded!), Deutschritter-FT vs Keyboard Warriors-Light (QF reloaded), Unity vs Resolute (Unity is new to BL competitve, so I'm very thrilled to see how they fight and prove themselves), Enigma vs Fortune (also a newcomer, interesting to see). Since there are not that many matches involved, people involved here should now that every match counts. So you'll see these teams trying to get it right and score their way up.

Last edited:
May I once again propose fair punishment for all?
Either you don't warn him at all because a warning for an extra "&" is quite frankly laughable,
or you suspend him like you did with Roemer and me.

Your misrepresntation of the facts here is getting tiring.

We have consistently have a relaxed first week on names and tags in order that players new to the system have a chance to understand the rule.
The rule is important because of text searches, if we allow different text forms there is no value in the rule.
We make no judgement on who is new and who isn't. Players who have been through the same system for many years in Warband get the same warning although they should be well aware of the rule by now.
In this case with the rule being slightly changed for clan system it remains the case that a relaxed first week where we make players aware of the rules is sensible.
As a further clarification the tag in the rosters may not yet represent teh tag the teams have chosen, what they use in the first week will be their tag from now on (if acceptable)

Your claim that at the END of the tournament you should be treated as players in the first week (and not like players in subsequent weeks) is asking for an unfair advantage over all other players.

But what I don't undestand is how can he be warned by tournament admins for wrong tag if the correct tag is not desctibed anywhere...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom