BEAST - Bannerlord Early Access Skirmish Tournament

BEAST is the first Bannerlord Skirmish tournament in Europe.

Quick Overview

Category
Bannerlord
Language
English (UK)
Total members
Total events
Total discussions

[Beast #2] Suggestions

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only reason for an archer and cav restriction would be if cav and archers are OP. Since almost all archers and cav players say that their class is ruined I dont see a reason for the class limit anymore.

Class limits are simply unjustified in Early Access anyway. If a team wants to run with 6 cav (or 6 ranged) then they should be able to, it will be clear to the devs whether balance is adequate or not.
Also class limits favour teams who have more main inf. Other teams shouldn't be limited in their set-up because some voting teams dont have good archers/cav.

But as you say, the reason we had them last time no longer exists.

Last edited:
The only reason for an archer and cav restriction would be if cav and archers are OP. Since almost all archers and cav players say that their class is ruined I dont see a reason for the class limit anymore.
There will be always some bias regarding what people favor to play and if some archers or cav dudes say it's not OP anymore they're viewing it from their personal viewpoint aswell. What I want to say by this is that ANY statement in this direction will be biased. This is nothing to condemn, but natural human behavior.

The Vote is running already, so this decision will be made by the team captains.

But I think we are avoiding our responsibility that we, as EA community, have. We actually don't know if Archers and Cav are or were OP in competitive or not...And we will never know if we continue with the limit because we don't want to leave our comfort zone.

Is there a conclusion from the NA guys wether it was broken or not in NABB?

Last edited:
But I think we are complaining our of the responsibility that we, as EA community, have. We actually don't know if Archers and Cav are or were OP in competitive or not...And we will never know if we continue with the limit because we don't want to leave our comfort zone.

Is there a conclusion from the NA guys wether it was broken or not in NABB?
The only thing I can say is that it enabled teams to rely on ranged and cav to do well. Take for example KoA who went 3 archers 3 cavs on Aserai vs Sturgia. They outplayed the other team by baiting them in a crossfire and won the match against the favorites of the tourney.

Last edited by a moderator:
@Aprikosenmann how can you argue that cav is OP in certain threads then advocate no limits. Your own clan has put forward a yes vote on limits remaining also.

Cav and archery aren't OP in a vacumn but in the very nature of skirmish(point capture and defence) they are incredibly powerful, and there is no reason to pick infantry if you can have 3 archers and 3 cav.

The only way this is fixed is by giving more players per team if you ask me, 6v6 is just always going to favour archery and cavalry also.

Anyways this is a discussion for a thread of it's own in the GD.

Cav and archery aren't OP in a vacumn but in the very nature of skirmish(point capture and defence) they are incredibly powerful, and there is no reason to pick infantry if you can have 3 archers and 3 cav.
Depending on the map i'd argue there are multiple reasons to pick infantry over cav and archer.
For instance, if in a closed map you don't have any infantry, you don't really have the push power to capture an enemy flag(unless unguarded) so it's very hard to keep up with the morale factor.
In an open map is definetly easier to have an arch/cav set up, but the same happened in warband and i'd say it always gave a bit of spice and variety to matches rather than always seeing the same setups over and over(as of now).
With spears actually stopping cavs (even when they shouldn't), i don't see how 6 cavs could work on a constant basis.
Archers could potentially be way dangerous, but it's not something that you can blindly abuse, it requires some skill to make it work and could also potentially be countered by specific setups.

In the end captains will make the decision as you said and i'm fine with that, that's just my two cents?

I think he was mostly making fun of the people who say cav doesn't need a nerf/need a buff on certain threads or people who cried about archery being too hard now, but here they are, asking for class limits on those two classes. His point was 'if they believe it's fixed/underpowered why would they want to restrict it'.

Please note that teams will be required to have a unique tag

I suggest to remove this rule.This would force us to open a second Clanteam, hinderung us in our internal training and since the roster names are already fix as well as you can always look in the roster if the right people played, this doesnt give any more deepth or sense.

I suggest to remove this rule.This would force us to open a second Clanteam, hinderung us in our internal training and since the roster names are already fix as well as you can always look in the roster if the right people played, this doesnt give any more deepth or sense.

I take your point, I haven't been playing lately so i forgot about the game tag system.

The thing is is it unfair on other teams and administratively inconvenient for 2 teams to have the same tag. On the other hand obviously a clan that it fielding more than one team will have teh same in game tag.

Is there any issue with having a double tag in such a case, one for the clan via the game and one in steam before the name?

I take your point, I haven't been playing lately so i forgot about the game tag system.

The thing is is it unfair on other teams and administratively inconvenient for 2 teams to have the same tag. On the other hand obviously a clan that it fielding more than one team will have teh same in game tag.

Is there any issue with having a double tag in such a case, one for the clan via the game and one in steam before the name?

That would be fine with me. Better then to tear the clans in 2 parts. Thank you for your understanding.
I dont see how it is unfair for other teams, but I take this solution above ripping a clan in two.

the main point of a tag is that teams (and admins) know which team is playing. players from a clan are not allowed to switch teams any more than anyone else if so they should also be distinguished.

There is a lot of hidden work in being a tourney admin, some little things when multiplied over many teams waste a lot of our time, which leaves less time for us to deal with more important things.

the main point of a tag is that teams (and admins) know which team is playing. players from a clan are not allowed to switch teams any more than anyone else if so they should also be distinguished.

There is a lot of hidden work in being a tourney admin, some little things when multiplied over many teams waste a lot of our time, which leaves less time for us to deal with more important things.
The scenario is almost non existent because the clans with multiple teams put them in different divisions

pretty sure you should be aware of all the regular rules by now, why not just keep to them?

Well, we didnt know about this *new* rule until you casually dropped it in the Roster-Thread. No offensive but I am not checking the Rule thread or others every day to see if there are any new made up rules dropped in a hint somewhere. I am not saying this new rule, that wasnt a thing in Beast#1, was implemented sneaky with that very intention, before I am missunderstood. But maybe we can get a comftable overview of *new* rules that wasnt a thing before. Because the regular Rule-thread seems outdated with the new rules you just dropped.
Also thank you for you hard work! We all appreciate the amount of work you guys put into it. We just ask for a little transparancy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom