BEAST - Bannerlord Early Access Skirmish Tournament

BEAST is the first Bannerlord Skirmish tournament in Europe.

Quick Overview

Category
Bannerlord
Language
English (UK)
Total members
Total events
Total discussions

[BEAST#2] Division A - Week 4

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the system is wrong and we should change it.How is it possible getting 10 rounds and losing 6 and it becomes a draw?In competitive side this shouldn't happen.And the group stage is there for ''points'' and points should be coming from ''rounds'' not maps.You can rearrange points in order to calculate ''rounds'' and it can be changed,no matter it is mid-tournament.They are just points.And you are not changing anything in-game like Class-limit system,it should be okay.
I agree, with the current system draws happen too much. I dont agree on changing it late into the tournament though.

If maps and factions would be picked instead of provided and spawnswitched it would be another story, which i hope TW implements in their ranked mode.

I like that only the map win matters. Map win is the objective so its the only thing to be rewarded. You cannot blindly go all in every round just to win rounds, your eco has to support a map win.

On CSGO Majors for example there are 3 maps played and the team with 2 map win wins, nomatter how the round score was.

I guess playing a fifth map with mirror matchup is a great solution to remove all the draws.

DM vs RM was very even match. Im glad we did not win just because we won 1 round more (9 - 8 ) because honestly it was basically luck if we get that one round or dm.

CS:GO has great balance,only M4A4-1S and AK47 makes difference,and although they are balanced by damage and fire rate.And if you win round you can use those weapons in other rounds.not like Bannerlord.If you get bad faction,you will probably lose the map.Only you can do is getting 1-2 round/s as bad faction.This game is not balanced by Classes/Factions

CS:GO counts maps because a team can be bad in ''MAP'' but we are counting ''SETS'' then why we don't count maps?You said maps,we have two maps.Then it can't be draw.First map was 5-5 for both,second one 5-4 for us.In your logic.

Last edited:
Why does it matter? The rounds do not matter unless Buchholz score fails to determine the "better" team when having the same amount of points.

I really don't understand why we count sets won instead of rounds. If a team wins a map 3:0 and 3:0 and then loses 3:2 and 3:2, it's pretty obvious who had the upper edge and IMO should be the winner of the match. The current system is demotivating at best. Is there an explanation for this decision? Or are we just pretending it is a better system than what we had in the past (Warband)?

@Ikea Knight @Aeronwen
Nobody is pretending there is a better system than in Warband, I'd like to add that nearly everyone on the administration staff has been part of the warband competitive scene at some point.

While it’s obviously frustrating to tie the game having dominated large portions of it, I think the outcome is ultimately fair, at least in the context of this tournament. It was a great game and a good comeback from DR, the onus was on us to win one of the last two sets and we couldn’t manage it. GG’s, well deserved :grin:.
As you totally steamrolled us on Xauna, I'd say that even theoretically getting a draw motivated my people quite a lot to fight back as hard as possible. While I do see that the system now works against you, I want to thank for your sportsmanship. I'd like to add that I consider you the better team of yesterday's match and I hope for a rematch in the next tournament.

I didn't really expect backup by the adversaries being duped by the system, but since you guys jump to our defense, I'd like to add in something else, if we're talking sets, right?

The first two sets on Xauna ended after 3-0 being reached. One could argue now that the last two rounds were not played out and nobody could now if DR would be able to strike back these four rounds. Nobody will ever know. On the other hands all five rounds were played on Trading Post, giving you the score of 3-2.
I'd like to add on top that a team, winning the first set 3-0 could draw the opponent by losing 2-3, 2-3, 2-3. The opponent is winning three sets. Why should a tea m losing three sets get a draw? This is the boon of counting sets first.
I like that only the map win matters. Map win is the objective so its the only thing to be rewarded. You cannot blindly go all in every round just to win rounds, your eco has to support a map win.

On CSGO Majors for example there are 3 maps played and the team with 2 map win wins, nomatter how the round score was.

I guess playing a fifth map with mirror matchup is a great solution to remove all the draws.

DM vs RM was very even match. Im glad we did not win just because we won 1 round more (9 - 8 ) because honestly it was basically luck if we get that one round or dm.
I do agree to your point here. An uneven number of sets could actually do the trick in the future and it's a good suggestion.

I, by no means, want to encourage administration to change this system when the tournament is already running. I am only trying to point out, that this does not make much sense. More sane approach would be playing 2 sets on a map and then, based on the round difference, determine the map winner and make maps count - make it BO3 like in CS:GO, if that's the route you want to take. I don't like that approach and I'd rather see all rounds matter in the end, but counting maps instead of sets would be much better in terms of fairness. However, Skirmish games are often extremely long, 2 maps can easily take 1,5 hours and adding 3rd map in case of a BO3 where teams manage to get into 1:1 state would make it even longer - Battle will fix this if anyone decides to go that route.

I personally think rounds should matter more than set wins. In one round there are 2 or 3 teamfights happening so it's very important to determine who is the better team. I am not gonna give example of RM vs DM but KW vs DR seems really unfair to me. KW 10 - 6 DR and it's a draw also they are getting same points? Unfair. Even DR got a really nice comeback (congratz them) but it's DR's fault losing like this at the begining right? So in competitive tournament there shouldn't be the rewarding system which losing has a huge unfair advantage.

I personally think rounds should matter more than set wins. In one round there are 2 or 3 teamfights happening so it's very important to determine who is the better team. I am not gonna give example of RM vs DM but KW vs DR seems really unfair to me. KW 10 - 6 DR and it's a draw also they are getting same points? Unfair. Even DR got a really nice comeback (congratz them) but it's DR's fault losing like this at the begining right? So in competitive tournament there shouldn't be the rewarding system which losing has a huge unfair advantage.

Deutschritter 2:2 Keyboard Warriors.

I must admit you actually outsmarted me totally on Xauna. GG WP!

XAUNA
A6F7677A3C88ED4528492AA9C2F805D994DEC53C

B811D84F26914A5B57CC828A27F6D094CF99D9EC

TRADING POST
D5DEB28B1155FFAA4A28EF0FF8D021AA83657E80

03D044DE538B0A9CA51B98A2CD39DC8E0F281148
Added to the OP
Thx Bard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom