BEAST - Bannerlord Early Access Skirmish Tournament

BEAST is the first Bannerlord Skirmish tournament in Europe.

Quick Overview

Category
Bannerlord
Language
English (UK)
Total members
Total events
Total discussions

[BEAST#1] Suggestions

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Suggestions

Please post your suggestions, questions and comments relating to the Bannerlord Early Access Skirmish Tournament here. Anything requiring an in-depth discussion would be better in a separate thread.

As this tournament is taking place in Early Access we have no access to private servers or all that they entail (server logs, match reserved servers, map and faction determined etc). Feel free to comment on what is needed for a full and fair tournament but understand that some things are outside of our control for now.[/color]

Last edited:
With applied class restrictions, how would you check that the battlefield contains appropriate amount of players whose class is "right"?
How would you check match results?

Why is the vote done per clan rather than per team? We are bringing 3 teams and the current system means that no matter what, one team won't get to vote for what they wish for...
Every clan is entitled to one vote. However, to not give a too big advantage to other clans we want to restrict those fielding multiple teams with this.
To point out what I mean... If DR, DM and DoF would agree to form a coalition for their voting they'd get 7 Votes out of 36 possible votes. This way we can break this down to actually clans voting.

In case this system proves to be failing, I am sure the next tournament admin will probably adress this issue if TW doesn't fix until then the reasons why we even have the vote.

And what would punishments for breaking class limits rule be?
The rule is quite simple, if put in effect. If we say there's a limit of three per archery and cav, your maximum of horse man or archers you can field is three, saying that you could field 3 cavalry and 3 archers.

Every clan is entitled to one vote. However, to not give a too big advantage to other clans we want to restrict those fielding multiple teams with this.
To point out what I mean... If DR, DM and DoF would agree to form a coalition for their voting they'd get 7 Votes out of 36 possible votes. This way we can break this down to actually clans voting.
This makes no sense to me. Noone would vote against their best interested because they want to be in an alliance with someone. Right now however, people are actively forced to vote against their own interest, at least in our case where one of our teams has a different opinion than the other two.

The rule is quite simple, if put in effect. If we say there's a limit of three per archery and cav, your maximum of horse man or archers you can field is three, saying that you could field 3 cavalry and 3 archers.
Yes, that's the rule. And what happens if it's broken...?
And what would punishments for breaking class limits rule be?

As I hope everyone is aware this tournament is being made now because players want to play but clearly there are a lot of limitations which we can do nothing about. We don't have servers or access to logs or any admin friendly tools.

As is usual with Warband tourneys we would expect all teams to take screenies of the match result and post them on the forum. We also hope that as many players as possible will stream/record their matches.

Hoefully all players will want to win (or lose) with honour and will stick to the rules. If players infringe the admins will make a decision based on the proof supplied (so recording your matches will be very helpful if you have a complaint).

Is the vote for the preferred game mode only for a groupstage or for the whole tournament?
We would like to suggest BO3 in groupstage and BO5 for knockouts.

sounds like one of our teams doesn't get to vote like they'd like to, unlike all teams that didn't have more teams sent in by their clan...
In the end this solution is probably more in your favor than having every single team vote.

Our approach was that in a clan there would be a bigger chance of a concensus than seperated opinions.

If in a clan one team vote for class Limits and the other one does not it would amount to -1+1=0.
However a clan with two teams having the same approach will have a big impact in the outcome (2).
By limiting the votes, we establish more equality between bigger and smaller clans and encouraging particpation in the discussion.

I was asked about this rule

§ 14 Substitutions

(1) If a player(s) drops from the server during a match the teams must finish the match with the players in the server (including a random player if the system adds one into the match). Teams may restart only of the two captains agree beforehand.

whether it applies to warm up and the answer is yes, once the two teams have joined the server the match goes on unles both team leaders agree otherwise. so if a team joins and then leaves, they will simply forfeit the match.

If there will be class restrictions, throwers will count as inf or ranged? Or its gonna be just thrower class? Like team can spawn maximum of 3 archers and 3 throwers etc.

Some factions have very good throwers and spam of that class can be unbeatable as spam of archers or cavs in my opinion.

If there will be class restrictions, throwers will count as inf or ranged? Or its gonna be just thrower class? Like team can spawn maximum of 3 archers and 3 throwers etc.

Some factions have very good throwers and spam of that class can be unbeatable as spam of archers or cavs in my opinion.

Considering that they lack the main defining features for other classes ( such as bows/ crossbows or horses) while they share features with heavy- and shockinfantry,(melee focused combat) they have been a non-discussion.
So far Skirmishers have been hardly ever considered OP in Bannerlord or the Beta. (Not that I am aware of)
Throwables on the other hand are often considered strong but other infantry classes also have acces to them.
As infantry will not have any class limit and as we don't have any plans to limit use of any perks yet, I think it is safe to assume that Skirmish won't have any classlimit aswell and will be considered part of the infantry.

Considering that they lack the main defining features for other classes ( such as bows/ crossbows or horses) while they share features with heavy- and shockinfantry,(melee focused combat) they have been a non-discussion.
So far Skirmishers have been hardly ever considered OP in Bannerlord or the Beta. (Not that I am aware of)
Throwables on the other hand are often considered strong but other infantry classes also have acces to them.
As infantry will not have any class limit and as we don't have any plans to limit use of any perks yet, I think it is safe to assume that Skirmish won't have any classlimit aswell and will be considered part of the infantry.
I think we can safely assume that Aserai is meant... but if you decide to take that out of Aserais hands, phew, I think tough luck, you just get steamrolled by any faction with strong heavy inf like Sturgia, Empire or Battania.
You also have to consider ammunition supply, accuracy, damage and range of these weapons. Any bow is more accurate, has more ammunition and more range than throwing weapons, for damage arguably you can say that throwing can be more devastating, on the other hand you have the long bow of the Fiann or the Vlandian Arbelist which outclass every other damage source besides the couched lance.

Given that custom servers are likely to be available - I presume some rules must be changed (e.g. regarding crashes in warmup), but is it also worth re-doing any of the votes? The teams might have different opinions on for example class limits, given that (hopefully) everyone will be able to prepare the best setup for given map & fractions combination. With that in mind - do we know if we will be able to practice using those servers, and when will they be available?

On another note, I just wanted to ask about the tournament start date - there are a lot of people with final exams in June, and after that, there is the summer holiday period, so people will take longer breaks, without much access to (nor time for) Bannerlord. Are there any thoughts on the tournament's start date yet?

Given that custom servers are likely to be available - I presume some rules must be changed (e.g. regarding crashes in warmup), but is it also worth re-doing any of the votes? The teams might have different opinions on for example class limits, given that (hopefully) everyone will be able to prepare the best setup for given map & fractions combination. With that in mind - do we know if we will be able to practice using those servers, and when will they be available?
We're in contact with TW and once I have reliable information on what the servers can do and what they can not do, I will communicate this to everyone. I must ask for some patience on this matter since we, as tournament staff, don't have enough information yet.
I will forward your other suggestions to the other administration staff.

On another note, I just wanted to ask about the tournament start date - there are a lot of people with final exams in June, and after that, there is the summer holiday period, so people will take longer breaks, without much access to (nor time for) Bannerlord. Are there any thoughts on the tournament's start date yet?
This is also again linked to these servers. To be honest, there are multiple solutions which could work for this, also to use the Matchfinder as backup in case the servers crash.
I am aware of that stuff with final exams. I guess since now the offer by TW to help us is there, we should try to use this. Again here: we need more information. I will come back to this once I have an answer.
I know communication has been a bit slow, I have provided the reason now why this is the case. I'll give my best to keep you guys well informed and updated on the progress on this. If there are any questions or something is not clear, please feel free to ask me, I will try to explain as much as I can!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom