Beards

Users who are viewing this thread

Bulle

Count
So, well, uh, I was just thinking about different types of beards and how it's part of a lot of religions. You see orthodox Jews sporting a nicely trimmed beard, as well as the Amish. Muslims and Ainus as well. The list goes on really. Then of course fashion has also put it's stamp on time, and you can see different styles of beards being popular during different times. There is of course also various names for different types of beards, sideburns, chinstraps, donegal, goatee, soul patch, garibaldi etc. Beard has however disappeared from fashion (with the exception of stubble which gives the rugged bad boy look), and I rarely see any politicians sporting a beard in Europe anymore. What is the pros and cons with sporting a beard today? Can you hide stuff in the beard? Would you ever have this kind of beard, and how do you deal with eating if you already tried:
Engels.jpg

Then of course, there is the bearded ladies that seems to sprout out through out history. A lot of the so called bearded ladies were fake, but there is actual cases of women growing beards for various different health reasons. Like the female saint Wilgefortis of the 14th century had been promised in marriage by her father to a pagan king. To thwart the unwanted wedding, she had taken a vow of virginity, and prayed that she would be made repulsive. In answer to her prayers she sprouted a beard, which ended the engagement. In anger, Wilgefortis's father had her crucified. Would you ever date a woman with a nicely trimmed beard?
Annie_Jones.jpg

Share your thoughts and pictures of beards.

As a man, I am not forced with the dilemma of the sexiness of beards, only their sheer coolness and testosterone-pumping capability. I do not like the kinds of massive, bushy Santa beards shown above. I prefer more well-trimmed, suave facial hair, particularly goatees. Of course, if you manage to do something legitimately awesome with your beard, it can look however the hell you want it to.

Now that's a practical beard. Stylish, compliments his features, and can be dipped in a river to catch fish. The perfect beard for a true mountain man.

Would I be able to grow a perfect beard, I'd grow a lumberjack, unfortunately at least at the moment I can't.
So I have a moustache and a goatee instead.

Such beards would consume a lot of time to wash, dry and brush them. Too much for appearance

Bulle said:
I rarely see any politicians sporting a beard in Europe anymore. [...] Can you hide stuff in the beard?
The right wing political party's leader of Spain has a beard, apparently to hide scars from a car accident
mariano_rajoy_4485d24625c6cb72efb441cf3.jpg

Myself, the longest time I've been without shaving is 2 weeks, and the hairs of my neck, growing upwards, pricked me, so just a  goatee for me, because that part of my beard is quite soft. So much it once led to an awkward situation: my sister and his boyfriend talking in the kitchen, I go to the fridge and she suddenly said "Why can't you have soft beard like him? Come, touch it" while caressing my beard. Nonverbal male communication between us: no ****ing way!   :lol:

Bulle said:
Can you hide stuff in the beard?

I've hidden a joint in my beard.

Bulle said:
Would you ever have this kind of beard, and how do you deal with eating if you already tried:

Someday, hopefully. I would recommend opening very wide to eat when sporting that magnitude of beard.

Here is my beard at the zenith of it's career:
205y1xu.jpg

Here, I brought my beard to its' natural habitat and the terrain of its' ancestors:
23ves2d.jpg

A rare sight of my proto-beard:
sausagehungry.jpg

My beard protected me from a sword!
No, seriously, I was doing a re-enactment fight against this stupid chinese guy & he hit me in the jaw. Hard. Beard cushioned it.

I believe any man who can grow a beard should do so. It is just all kinds of awesome. Doesn't matter what kind of beard you grow (except for neckbeard) just grow a beard.

I think beards look good but that might just be some type of penis envy. I can't really grow a beard. At best, I could do a goatee and it would be a nasty, scraggly one at that.

Idiot, we are in the technology age! You can grow a ****ing beard if you want, you just gotta know the chemicals.

Nah, I too can't grow a decent beard. It takes about four weeks for me to grow anything worth shaving, and I doubt any chemicals will help me. Besides, I'm not too keen on rubbing Rogaine on my face.

At least I'm not cursed with having to shave all the time.

And if I could grow a beard, I would grow this!
dwarves-1.jpg

DameGreyWulf said:
Idiot, we are in the technology age! You can grow a ****ing beard if you want, you just gotta know the chemicals.

The only thing more emasculating than not being able to grow a full beard is paying money to be able to grow a full beard.

Back
Top Bottom