Users who are viewing this thread

Zeonvision

Recruit
432_1586642980.png

This mod enables troops to bear the banner of their lord, with lore friendly and hand picked changes to the troop tree. Also, the Dragon Banner and the Campaign Banner are available at the shops to equip yourself or your companions.

Read more about the mod and it's changes in the mod description and the changes article in Nexus. Also, the technical aspects in the other article (that I may extend here if there's interest).

I invite you to contribute ideas to the troop changes, so as to improve the balance and even add some historical accuracy about who would carry banners during battles and what compromises would they see to their equipment.

Hi there.. Seen the way the mod works by adding and removing the banners when the battle starts/ends, wouldn't it be possible to use the same theory and add new troops who carry the banners? Like a signifier unit for each type of formation that just exists in battle and you don't have to train/recruit... That way you don't loose valuable troops to arrows etc, and also you could have a lot without affecting your soldier's fighting potential. On another topic, i changed the banner item type to polearm and now my troops carry them holstered on their backs and never draw them, it's not very realistic, but they do carry the banners straight up and fight as usual, and from a distance it looks the same, having banners is just so cool.

Hi there.. Seen the way the mod works by adding and removing the banners when the battle starts/ends, wouldn't it be possible to use the same theory and add new troops who carry the banners? Like a signifier unit for each type of formation that just exists in battle and you don't have to train/recruit... That way you don't loose valuable troops to arrows etc, and also you could have a lot without affecting your soldier's fighting potential. On another topic, i changed the banner item type to polearm and now my troops carry them holstered on their backs and never draw them, it's not very realistic, but they do carry the banners straight up and fight as usual, and from a distance it looks the same, having banners is just so cool.

Currently, the mod just adds the banners when the battle starts. There's no need to remove them as it is not changing the inventory of troops (troops don't really have an inventory, they have equipment sets that are read from and loaded at the start of the battle, which my mod doesn't modify).

Adding a signifier is a nice idea, I'll have to study it. It's veryu prone to feel "cheaty", as it's an extra troop that can fight (unless I don't give them any weapons) and that you don't have to feed. Remember the enemies also suffer from the same drawbacks you get by giving banners to troops, so the end result is balanced.

Also, I had toyed around with having the troops carry the banner on their back (and there are ways to do it in code without changing the item type), but it never felt realistic. Medieval soldiers in europe wouldn't carry banners on their back. If the game was set in feudal japan then things would be different.

You're welcome to tweak the mod or the game to your liking, of course. If by changing something in the game my mod behaves in a way you prefer I'm all for it. I thank you for the suggestion, and I'm always open to them. In the case of signifiers, I'll look into it, but in the case of holstered banners I won't implement it.

Back
Top Bottom