Be a soldier: a new mode taleworld never has

Users who are viewing this thread

Machine learning is a job that required much computing resources that most players's machine can not handle. And there is no game can use machine learning to improve AI now. But it is interesting may be possible in the next 10 years.
Indeed.

Though my main thoughts were for the developers/testers to train the AI and then make it available in the main game. However even this method has its own challenges as training AI using machine learning is not straightforward right now. And this still does not circumvent issue of computing resources necessary, only very wealthy gaming companies who are willing to make large investments to develop their AI could even consider it right now.

The use of Machine learning in video games is very much in its infancy, but the potential is staggeringly high, it will just take time, likely decades as you duly noted for researchers to come up with new more improved methods and streamline everything as much as possible.

I really look forward to what the future holds, we are in such exciting times. :smile:

It doesn't make sense Bloc in his free time can make mods like this and the gladiator one, but TW make adding freaking banners sound like it's the most complicated process ever lol..

A couple beers for Bloc, thanks to him we can enjoy this concept materialised in a mod for Bannerlord.

Freelancer

3v7b0x.png

Indeed.

Though my main thoughts were for the developers/testers to train the AI and then make it available in the main game. However even this method has its own challenges as training AI using machine learning is not straightforward right now. And this still does not circumvent issue of computing resources necessary, only very wealthy gaming companies who are willing to make large investments to develop their AI could even consider it right now.

The use of Machine learning in video games is very much in its infancy, but the potential is staggeringly high, it will just take time, likely decades as you duly noted for researchers to come up with new more improved methods and streamline everything as much as possible.

I really look forward to what the future holds, we are in such exciting times. :smile:
Blizzard had a partnership with Google to use their AI in Starcraft, it was part of a competitive matchmaking for people that opted in. I saw an article a while back claiming it was better than 98%+ players.

Back
Top Bottom