Be a soldier: a new mode taleworld never has

Users who are viewing this thread

FlowDream

Sergeant
There is a interesting mode in some warband mod(like Leading Your Army), it’s name is soldier mode , in this mode , you can join lord’s army to be a soldier. And when you kill an enemy you get gold, and you can upgrade your level by the culture of the army your are in.
If this mode can be added to bannerlord, it will be fun. And can go further, here is some points I can propose:

1. Credit System
Credit is something you can earn in army:
(1) You can earn credit when you kill an enemy, the higher level he is, the more credit you earn.
(2) When your army is in a town and there is an athletic competition, you can join it in the name of your army, if you win the competition, you earn credit.
(3) When the army is on the world map, your lord will ask you do something for them, like rescue other lord from enemy's castle, if you finish the job you can earn credit.
What can you use credit for:
(1) You can exchange your credit to money with quartermaster.
(2) You can upgrade your level by consuming some credit, the higher level you reach, the greater credit you need.
(3) You can exchange your credit to equipment with quartermaster, the better equipment , the greater credit.

2.Level System
Level system is the military rank you can reach in army. When you join the army, you may be a ordinary soldier, but you can be an elite soldier after many time you upgrade your level. Usually each level is the same as troop tree.
(1) The higher level you are in, the higher salary you get.
(2) The higher level you are in, the better equipment you get.
(3) You can event lead a small team if you are in the top level.
(4) When you reach the top level, you can choose to be the bodyguard of your lord which has the best equipment, this is highest honor. Or you can choose to be an new lord and get a small territory.

3. Defeated System
When your army is defeated, you may be:
(1) Be a captive and be imprison in the enemy's castle, you can freed yourself by paying some ransom, or you can wait for your lord’s help, if your level is high enough or your relationship is good with your lord, your lord may pay ransom for you, or send someone to rescue you from the prison. When you are free, you can choose whether return to the army.
(2) You get separated from the army, you can find your lord and return to the army oneday.

It's a bad idea anyway and I hope people stop liking Freelancer (:iamamoron:) and take command responsibility. This is not a FPS, go play multiplayer if you want to be a stupid bannergrunt.

Making friends? :lol:
giphy.webp

It's a bad idea anyway and I hope people stop liking Freelancer (:iamamoron:) and take command responsibility. This is not a FPS, go play multiplayer if you want to be a stupid bannergrunt.
You won´t lose anything from your game experience if they would add this feature.

I used it in all the mods that offered it, it´s more fun early game to grind some gold fighting in other armies than to grind looters.

It's a nice feature but honestly its presence wouldn't be missed from the game if they never included it. I am happy for freelancer to stay a mod; TW should focus on the core gameplay.

You won´t lose anything from your game experience if they would add this feature.

Indirectly you could, if it wasn't planned that means it's dev time diverted from features you care about.
Agree with the guy thought he's not being polite about it. Game was sold to me as an medieval-rts-fighting sort of simulation which is super unique genre. A game where you fight as a regular medieval soldier? There is quite an abundance of them already.

What kind of respond is this? He really put in some effort and made a fine suggestion thread. Atleast respect for the efforts. You have to change your attitudes.

I haven't even played Bannerlord nor do I intend to, but it's my duty to point out how to play it correctly, as God intended.
F2A22AEBB2271B74A6D87608E09DF6DBFC8BEB08

The most fun I had in Brytenwalda and Gekokujo was being a soldier and getting up in ranks, in ACOK too

I love this idea. I try to roleplay a common soldier sometimes, though of course as soon as you join a faction you basically enter the highest ranks in society.

You indirectly can do this, to some extent. Just don't hire troops. Be a loner or get some companions and go about your business in Calradia doing tournaments and joining armies. Be a true mercenary and keep flip-flopping between factions to continue doing war.
Clan tier 2 means 5 companions, the six of you could be a "special forces" type like Achilles Myrmidoms.

I plan on playing this way as soon as Bannerlord is playable on my computer again, as I haven't been able to since 1.4.* due to performance issues.

What does RPG stand for again? Shouldn't you allow people the freedom to want these features? From reading the forums you'll see that a lot of people would love this feature to be implemented.

I dunno why so many people on a forum dedicated to connecting each other based on their shared enjoyment of a VIDEO GAME, get so god damn hostile towards each other. Calm down dude and get a life.

Back
Top Bottom