[BCM] Questions & Suggestions

Users who are viewing this thread

I WAS USING MOSS, NOW I LEAKED THIS PRIVATE INFO
h238umy.png

TY FOR ENFORCING THIS UPON ME(

Hero_of_Ferelden said:
IPs ain't a big deal lol, you can get them pretty easily from TS.

That's not even the point.

Anyways, the point is, it can still take screens before you even load warband, there's a risk personal information can be leaked. You can say how stupid it is for people to have personal information on their desktop, but it happens. No one's got enough experience to handle the data, people like maximou would surely have his mum's bank details on his desktop.

After Apollo's **** up he's edited his image to remove the IP Address, his example he used backlashed and since he didn't want anyone to see his IP address (private information) he quickly edited the screenshot. That to me is enough proof at how people will have private information In their background.

Apollo~ said:
Fietta said:
Apollo~ said:
I don't care about my ip lol come to my house ill make you a cup of tea mate :smile:

It will be a waste of your time and money though :wink:

You don't care about your IP yet you edited your screenshot and removed the IP? Why was that?

I enjoy editing things whats wrong with that :smile:

ok you can stop now you've been caught ur trying to back nothing up when ur just proving my points even more

Anyways I'm done talking about MOSS, Apollo has provided a great example of why MOSS shouldn't be used and with all the other points I made, I suggest it b removed :^(

Apollo~ said:
If you care about the ip situation so much, the admins on the fourms already got your ip address. So why are you using this forum?

aeec0f2b54c687bdbfeea501bb9d35eb.png

The admins have my IP Address? you mean the people paid by a taleworlds?

Moss is fine if it's secure as I explained like 5 months ago, but I don't trust some random warband players.

Fietta said:
Apollo~ said:
Fietta said:
Apollo~ said:
I don't care about my ip lol come to my house ill make you a cup of tea mate :smile:

It will be a waste of your time and money though :wink:

You don't care about your IP yet you edited your screenshot and removed the IP? Why was that?

I enjoy editing things whats wrong with that :smile:

ok you can stop now you've been caught ur trying to back nothing up when ur just proving my points even more

Anyways I'm done talking about MOSS, Apollo has provided a great example of why MOSS shouldn't be used and with all the other points I made, I suggest it b removed :^(
Apollo wasn't using it on a serious note. He did nothing in advance to ensure his private details.

a few simple rules could be given with the distribution of MOSS. These rules would warn players about the risks of MOSS and how to prevent private info from leaking.
These rules are nothing hard to understand and would look something like this.

1: Don't have private info on your desktop ( pretty obvious but y e a h )
2: Don't tabb out ( Do I even need explain myself )
3: Don't have anything open besides Steam, Teamspeak and Bannerlord Warband.

Apollo did raise an interesting point about who would be viewing the files. I can't speak for others but Aeronwen does seem to be one of the most trusted members of the community. I'm sure more than just that goes into deciding who has the responsibility, it's a lot of work to undertake and people need to be willing to commit their time to that. No disrespect to Rosslington or Wolflo but I really don't know anything about them.

Kiano said:
Apollo did raise an interesting point about who would be viewing the files. I can't speak for others but Aeronwen does seem to be one of the most trusted members of the community. I'm sure more than just that goes into deciding who has the responsibility, it's a lot of work to undertake and people need to be willing to commit their time to that. No disrespect to Rosslington or Wolflo but I really don't know anything about them.
Agreed with this comment. I would entrust Aeronwen too because she, indeed, is a trusted member by most of the community. Rosslington and Wolflo might be nice lads, but I know nothing of them and I'm sure alot of others do not either.

No disrespect meant.

If having Aeronwen reviewing the files (of which there is zero when the tournament starts..) calms you then so be it. May want to ask if she has the time or wants to do it first.  :razz:

We've been generally accommodating to the comments / suggestions so far with the exception of roster cap which will remain at 10.

At the end of the day I want a successful, fun and competitive tournament and that's what we're hopefully going to get.  :cool:

Calamity said:
If having Aeronwen reviewing the files (of which there is zero when the tournament starts..) calms you then so be it. May want to ask if she has the time or wants to do it first.  :razz:
But there will eventually be files to be reviewed by someone when players are randomly picked (assuming it actually is completely random and that players are picked from the beginning of the tournament onwards). I understand that she may be busy and so wouldn't be able to help. That being said, the only person that can ask if she has the time and if she is willing to take the responsibility and with the authority to put her in place to do all this is you I assume, not us. Maybe it's just me that feels this way though, I'm not speaking for the rest of the players on the topic of MOSS, obviously.

Just my thoughts.

I also hope for the best for the tournament and great job so far in organizing it and getting Taleworlds involved!

Back
Top Bottom