In Progress Battles lockup/freeze/stutter despite lowest possible settings

Users who are viewing this thread

Summary: No matter how low I put the graphics settings, battles started locking up and freezing (no matter the size, it even happens in Arena, and no particular action such as attacking seems to cause it) around patch 1.1, and I figured they would get better but even the patch today did not help. It's now a point where it's unplayable, I can spend roughly 30 seconds to a minute without any stuttering at all, then it will lock up completely for a couple of minutes (sometimes upwards of 3 minutes at a time), then it will unlock again for another minute or two without any stuttering, then lock up again for several minutes. Then sometimes it will stutter throughout the whole battle.
How to Reproduce: Simply starting a new game and entering a battle does it for me.
Quest/Settlement Name (if related): N/A
Media (Screenshots & Video): N/A
Version: e1.3.0
Installed community-made modifications: None
Computer Specs
:
GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060 6 GB
CPU: Intel i5-4670 @ 3.40 ghz
RAM: 16 GB
Motherboard: Asus B65M-E
Storage Device (HDD/SSD): HDD

Thanks.

I had the same problem, i still have but in less proportion, what helped in my case was to defragmenting my game folder (i think with the number of patch/hotfix downloaded since first version it's bound to be fragmented), and completely disabling shadow in the performance tab. Hope this can ease your problem even a little !

Back
Top Bottom