Resolved Battles between Caravan & Bandits seem bugged?

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
Branch
Beta
Modded/unmodded
Yes, I used mods.
Dump identifier (optional)
none
Summary:AI battles between Enhanced Caravans and Bandits seems not to take into consideration troop quality
How to Reproduce: Watch battles between AI bandits (especially Looters) and AI caravans
Have you used cheats and if so which:
Scene Name (if related):
Media (Screenshots & Video):
Computer Specs:
GPU: Geforce 1080
GPU Driver Version: Latest
CPU: Ryzen 5 3500
RAM: 32 G
Motherboard: X570 TUF
Storage Device (HDD/SSD): SSD

I am VERY annoyed that my 22,000 gold caravans with enhanced soldiers STILL being destroyed by Looters. This happens many Times. not just once. I watched a caravan running from looters into a mountain trap (ravine) and the following battle SEEMED to be based on numbers only ? no quality. In Player battles, Looters rout quickly, in AI battles, Looters don't seem to rout ???? I don;t have access to the AI battle code so I'm not sure ?

* More info *

My Caravan had 30 soldiers - 1 Infantry, 20 Ranged and 9 Cav. The opponent was probably 37 looters, trapping my caravan against a city wall ?? (hide around wall corner?). The battle should have gone like this - looters attack, my ranged open up, killing enough for looters to rout ! What probably happened - Random number generator farted gracefully.. and gravefully, killing my caravan ..

Please fix.

Last edited:
Do you have a save file before the battle?
Do you have a save file of session that you experienced this issue? With your save file, we can reproduce the issue much easier and faster. For more information regarding how to send us your save files, you can check this thread out. You can find your save file here:
C:\Users\username\Documents\Mount and Blade II Bannerlord\Game Saves

You can send your save files to us via upload.taleworlds.com site. Please write your username and this threads URL into the description box so that we can find it easier. Thanks for reporting and sorry for any inconvenience!

No saved game just before battle. Too many random events for caravans and bandits to recreate with previous saved game.

Just check the source code, Or put the source code here, we'll check it.

Why ?? It's a source code formulae issue, not a data issue.

If you don't want to examine the code then let me.

37 looters should never beat 30 advanced caravan troops.

Ok, I've sent a email with the attached SAV file - DestroySeaRaiders.sav

The Caravan to watch is VARIC heading for Poros, hopefully it will be attacked by a looters army near Poros.

AW.

QA team noted that a bandit party that consists 72 members can win when attacking a caravan of 30 members. IF you have a save file just before the battle commences please let us know.

Players need to be able to setup their own caravans .. and / or, be able to control the battles as the caravan leader.

It should be fairly simple to allow players to fight a caravan battle.

Back
Top Bottom