Battlefront 2's multiplayer is back

Users who are viewing this thread

Now if GoG/etc can fix the heavy traffic issue in an update to make the multiplayer playable again. Good news nevertheless. Except for mods and compatibility with a new master server multiplayer update. I'm hoping the update gets fixed and then the mods have time to update. Has a lot of replay-ability in game modes and longevity thanks to the various mods. Would be nice if GoG's crossplay feature worked for SWBFII 2005. I got a backup of the game folder now, before today's update, in-case I want to give mods a try finally. A very good and unexpected surprise though. GoG/Disney/etc just need to iron out the bugs of the new update. Including the lower number of resolution options than the previous version. I read about other older Star Wars games like Knights of the Old Republic and Empire at War receiving a similar treatment of updates.

Kotor 2 got into the steam workshop and all. Still no KOTOR 1 update like that though iirc. While EaW got multiplayer back this september.

Oh and... im reinstalling this game asap.

Now all i need is Republic commando to get its multiplayer back.

And of course a republic commando sequel... but that is asking too much...

I came across some mods where you could use some KOTOR appearances.  Fun for a while.  I can't get into the latest battlefront, not after watching angry joes review. 

I think I'd need some pretty good hardware to run the new battlefront and I got a major game back log as it is.

Just curious, but what happened to original SW battlefront 1?  It was fun to play though I did prefer 2.

Kharille said:
Just curious, but what happened to original SW battlefront 1?  It was fun to play though I did prefer 2.
It was never put on Steam or other digital market places. (Though the Xbox version had DLC) Your options are to get a disc, or play the Coversion Pack mod, which adds in the classic maps, and even has a game mode that limits the classes to what the first game had. It's not perfect, but it works.

Back
Top Bottom