battlefield tactics

Users who are viewing this thread

Temujin

Banned
Let's discuss each others styles of fighting and tactics on the battlefield  :grin:

I like to win without losing a single man, it's why I always hunt for companions and give them and myself max surgery.

And of course soldier preserving tactics. my favourite tactic is falling back behind a hill: If you and your men are behind a hill no one can shoot you and if you are close enough to the hill, the volley's will massacre your enemies when they reach the top of the hill. It worked brilliantly for the Musket mods and it works even better for this mod, only cavalry are a problem, I tried to solve that by giving my heroes good weapons that kill, and having rescued non Germanic (swazi and Helvetian) soldiers and farmers all classified as "unarmed" and making them march forward to the top of the hill, the AI usually charges cavalry first so they can soften the cavalry up for my real men to destroy them.

Once the cavalry is dead, (no more fast moving red dots on the mini map) I pull back the "unarmed" group to the rest of the army and watch the carnage.

Sometimes however the enemy camps on the spot,

in that case,
- I hold my "infantry" group back (any infantry unit of the Swazi and Helvetians but with an exception for the Helvetian Spec op soldiers who are different group) ,
- Make the "unarmed" group skirmish with the foe,
- At the same time I take my "spec ops" group (Helvetian spec ups duh) and take a detour preferably covered by hills to outflank the AI (it works best if you also make them hold their fire) and then we usually suppress the AI with heavy fire from the flank, at the same time I order the "unarmed" group forward

I also have some snipers, but I hardly use them, sometimes I make them join the skirmish but that's it.

I never have cavalry and I myself fight on foot with the men

Back
Top Bottom