Battlefield Tactics Kit - Screenshots and Video Trailer

Users who are viewing this thread

Markus II

Knight
Ok, the port is going well at this point, so I thought I'd show off at least one of the new features, namely the Battlefield Tactics Kit. (To be included in the 0.960 port)

It was created by Mirathei (Formations script) and Chel (Battle Morale).

Here's a short, hastily cobbled-together video showing off the new features: (As well as my rather lack-luster swordsmanship)

867 A.D. - Lords of War (Gameplay Trailer)

As well as some screenies to peer at while the video loads:

Agreed with Adorno. I'd award you the "Modder-of-the-Year" award, but honestly, all of you working on mods of any sort win, so...

Amazing video. It will be exactly what I'm waiting for.

Has the batle moral thingy been fixed yet so that people don't just run to the side of the map and stand like morons to the sluaghter?

Quick question here... are questions allowed here? I'll find out soon enough.

Will the AI be able to put themselves in various formations as well as us? Because I fear we'll tear right through the AI with are own formations while they're still in a straight line.

Perfect . . . just what a next version of this already terrific mod needed! This combined with battle morale would have been plenty for me but of course I'll take all the other upgrades very happily!

Markus II said:
Ok, the port is going well at this point, so I thought I'd show off at least one of the new features, namely the Battlefield Tactics Kit. (To be included in the 0.960 port)

It was created by Mirathei (Formations script) and Chel (Battle Morale).

Here's a short, hastily cobbled-together video showing off the new features: (As well as my rather lack-luster swordsmanship)

867 A.D. - Lords of War (Gameplay Trailer)

As well as some screenies to peer at while the video loads:

That, dude, is pretty awesome! How do the formations hold up when you start moving?

Also another question: what is that music? I like it!

xcskiguy said:
Will the AI be able to put themselves in various formations as well as us? Because I fear we'll tear right through the AI with are own formations while they're still in a straight line.

Yep. AI use the formations as well.

Njiekovic said:
That, dude, is pretty awesome! How do the formations hold up when you start moving?

The formations follow well, and the music is Breaking Benjamin - So Cold.

Markus II said:
xcskiguy said:

Yep. AI use the formations as well.

Njiekovic said:

The formations follow well, and the music is Breaking Benjamin - So Cold.

I'll be checking that out! Thanks!

Should the archers do more damage now, since it looks like they arent' going to hit many troops? How has it usually been dealt with?

Sound Chaser said:
Should the archers do more damage now, since it looks like they arent' going to hit many troops? How has it usually been dealt with?

Archers still do a lot of damage to troops in formation, as such, I won't be upping the damage on bows. I will however be increasing the amount of damage done by throwing spears.

nice video! i m really looking forward to this new port..

just one thing since you mentioned something about throwing..

what about adding the possibility to block with your shield while holding fire with throwing weapons?  that makes sense to me, you even have the shield in front of you duing the hold fire throwing animation... block should cease when fire is released tough..

I say this because i've just tried to make a throwing char on the vanilla game but i am really disappointed..

with that low ammunition-heavy enucmbrance, it appeared from the beginning not that big deal..

i still tought that it could be usefull for a foot focused character that just trew some javelins before reaching the opponent in melee.. yet it doesn't seem to be that usefull and i'm really starting to think that it's best to just don't waste 5 points of encumberance to carry 8 jarids...

Would hate to be forced to go ANOTHER TIME, to the melee - bow char.. (cool but already overdone)

wow , shield wall!! , they don't disrupt the formation while walking , do they?

anxious to be ported to 0.960!!

Back
Top Bottom