OSP Kit Combat Battlefield Tactics kit. Multiple formations per team+command revamp!

Users who are viewing this thread

Fiore said:
Has anyone managed to convert these formations to multiplayer?
I got as far as momentarily seeing the formation before it got overridden. I don't really know how NPC agents work between clients and server. It's probably something embarrassingly simple.
HarryPham123 said:
can i use this code for single  :???:
Yes. I updated it to work with 1.168 a couple months ago.

Can you post the source code for latest version? And also can you post what you did to make the multiplayer bots momentarily get into formation?

The archive sits at http://www.nexusmods.com/mountandblade/mods/3784/?

It was years ago, but to check it out, attach the mission templates trigger sets to the multiplayer mission of your choice. The end of the trigger list will look like:

] + utility_triggers + common_division_data + extended_battle_menu + division_order_processing + real_deployment + formations_triggers,

I don't think I ever wrote anything to sort the bots between players, but this has been done in various mods and Viking Conquest Warlords MP mode.

I also believe you will probably need to fiddle with things again, as the code underwent two major overhauls since v4. I suppose you could try v4, but there were some major improvements and fixes since then.

I also believe you will probably need to fiddle with things again, as the code underwent two major overhauls since v4. I suppose you could try v4, but there were some major improvements and fixes since then.

I know you said v5 was made for the WB 1.166 module system.  Can most of the fixes you made in v5 be hand-integrated into in the v4 source and still work with older module system?

Redleg said:
I know you said v5 was made for the WB 1.166 module system.  Can most of the fixes you made in v5 be hand-integrated into in the v4 source and still work with older module system?
The main improvements that I recall -- using the engine's table of agent-to-agent proximity to avoid the lag-producing agent^2 loop every two seconds, managing multiple presentations in a scene -- involve the operators TW provided to do that. There are some, like fixing extended troop types like skirmishers to work, that would port, but I would think that things like that would take a lot to pick out of unfamiliar code.

I suppose you could diff the two to judge for yourself.

motomataru said:
The archive sits at http://www.nexusmods.com/mountandblade/mods/3784/?

It was years ago, but to check it out, attach the mission templates trigger sets to the multiplayer mission of your choice. The end of the trigger list will look like:

] + utility_triggers + common_division_data + extended_battle_menu + division_order_processing + real_deployment + formations_triggers,

I don't think I ever wrote anything to sort the bots between players, but this has been done in various mods and Viking Conquest Warlords MP mode.

Does Viking Conquest warlords mode have formations? Are there mods that have multiplayer bot formations? What are these mods?

Fiore said:
Does Viking Conquest warlords mode have formations? Are there mods that have multiplayer bot formations? What are these mods?
Unfortunately, VC warlords mode uses the vanilla setup. The feature was on our long list of other cool things we could do!

The only other mod I know with bot armies is nijis' Empires of Faith, which divided the bots into two armies. Back in 2013, when I checked it out, the army AI and management were kind of clunky.

Back
Top Bottom