OSP Kit Combat Battlefield Tactics kit. Multiple formations per team+command revamp!

Users who are viewing this thread

Could someone please paste everything from the module file and the mission_templates . Please Copy everything thats in booth of them and paste it in here. Cause im having ****load of trouble getting this to work, im doing what i'm told to but I cant start Native anymore.

I would like to ask something: Is it possible to make it so that regarding the morale, certain troops like High Tier Swadian Cavalry will fight on while Peasants will break and run? Is it possible to have moral affect the soldiers based on troop type?

FINE DONT HELP ME THEN FFS! IT SAYS RUNTIME ERROR WHEN I START NATIVE JUST BECAUSE I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO WITH THE FORMATIONS! :sad: FFS.

Someone please paste all of the mission_templates text in here or tell me more specific what to do...

Anton said:
FINE DONT HELP ME THEN FFS! IT SAYS RUNTIME ERROR WHEN I START NATIVE JUST BECAUSE I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO WITH THE FORMATIONS! :sad: FFS.

Someone please paste all of the mission_templates text in here or tell me more specific what to do...

Its hard to know how to help you, Anton.  The only thing I can think of is that you need to go back to basics, get the module system, install python 2.6, and configure your machine properly.  This stuff works if you apply your brain to it even just a tiny bit.  But it won't do your thinking for you.

If you need that much help, then modding just isn't going to be your cup of tea.  sorry.  :sad:

Exin said:
I would like to ask something: Is it possible to make it so that regarding the morale, certain troops like High Tier Swadian Cavalry will fight on while Peasants will break and run? Is it possible to have moral affect the soldiers based on troop type?

You could certainly do something like that. You'd just have to add a slot to all the troops and put some data in there, and then add a bit to the morale script that checks for the basic morale of that troop.

I'm not sure how it currently works so it might be a major overhaul, but theoretically it's possible.

@Anton: Firstly, using caps and complaining is usually not the best way to get help. Secondly, like Mord says, it would seem you're not using the module system. So start by reading Jik's tutorial on the module system, it's on the first page atm. After that you should be able to put this in without too much trouble, it's pretty user-friendly

Tutorial and other modding info in my sig below.  It's a bit to read, but it will get you going.

You could also base it on level, which is already there (That should be checkable, though I haven't looked for the operation...)

It shouldn't be that big of an over haul adding a slot.  If you want, make the number a multiplier.  So for the regular chance of breaking, the number would be 1.  For stronger morale troops, make this number closer to 0, like 0.1 for the die hard troop.  For the untrained weak minded pesant, set it to 2, as in twice as likely to run.

You would need to find the instance the check is made if they break, and use the multiplier.  Come to think of it, when I bring this into my mod, I will look to do that...

In my experience MNB doesn't use floats or doubles.. so 0.1 would be difficult, but you could use 100 and 10

Double-click on the Build Module.bat file. If you don't want to waste your time integrating, look in my sig, I've already scripted it all. But my file has tother things in it, so you might not want to use it.

Is there a formated Version for 1.011 Native? When I paste this in my script, it dosn't look like it have the right spaces, as I know python, the spaces set what is part of wich code?

If I understand this things, I must paste the first code after:
Code:
      (1, 4, ti_once, [(main_hero_fallen)],
          [
              (assign, "$pin_player_fallen", 1),
              (str_store_string, s5, "str_retreat"),
              (call_script, "script_simulate_retreat", 10, 20),
              (assign, "$g_battle_result", -1),
              (set_mission_result,-1),
              (call_script, "script_count_mission_casualties_from_agents"),
              (finish_mission,0)]),

common_battle_inventory,
      common_battle_order_panel,
      common_battle_order_panel_tick,

and the second code after:
Code:
  # script_remove_troop_from_prison
  # Input: troop_no
  # Output: none
  ("remove_troop_from_prison",
    [
      (store_script_param, ":troop_no", 1),
      (troop_set_slot, ":troop_no", slot_troop_prisoner_of_party, -1),
      (try_begin),
        (check_quest_active, "qst_rescue_lord_by_replace"),
        (quest_slot_eq, "qst_rescue_lord_by_replace", slot_quest_target_troop, ":troop_no"),
        (call_script, "script_cancel_quest", "qst_rescue_lord_by_replace"),
      (try_end),
      (try_begin),
        (check_quest_active, "qst_deliver_message_to_prisoner_lord"),
        (quest_slot_eq, "qst_deliver_message_to_prisoner_lord", slot_quest_target_troop, ":troop_no"),
        (call_script, "script_cancel_quest", "qst_deliver_message_to_prisoner_lord"),
      (try_end),
      ]),  

]

hi there,

i'd like to use this in my mod, but i want to make it so that only certain factions can use it, and would like to know how i would limit who can use it and who cannot faction wise.  or would i have to make it so that only certain troops couldn't use it?

thanks

Tried this code. Everything works fine except one - when I command to form wedge some troops just stop and do nothing until I command to unform ranks. Did anybody had something similar?

That shouldn't happen. You've probably made a mistake in scripting but I don't know anyone who uses wedge anyway since its not very good.

Tricket said:
hi there,

i'd like to use this in my mod, but i want to make it so that only certain factions can use it, and would like to know how i would limit who can use it and who cannot faction wise.  or would i have to make it so that only certain troops couldn't use it?

I'd hate to say it but this probably isn't possible to make it faction specific or  troop specific for that matter. The script is put into a module that affects combat and AI behavior in combat, so I doubt it.

Soulstormer said:
Is there a formated Version for 1.011 Native? When I paste this in my script, it dosn't look like it have the right spaces, as I know python, the spaces set what is part of wich code?

If I understand this things, I must paste the first code after:

I don't think these are the correct places. I could be wrong, but check the first page again.

Tricket said:

You are probably going to have to get creative with this idea. Off the top of my head you could create a script/trigger to identify the exact troop types applicable and set a custom agent slot to identify agents of applicable type on the battlefield. Or you could use a skill(such as tactics) as the determining variable.

The module system is simplistic enough to pull off almost anything. I wouldn't count out a script or agent slot to directly take into account the culture or faction of an agent's troop type to this effect. 

Yeah, listing out all the applicable units would be ineffiecient but surely a smooth identification of a faction/culture's units is possible. With this only an identifier is necessary to distinguish between formation agents and non-formation agents.

To be honest, I don't know why faction defined formation agents makes sense. In my personal mod I use the tactics skill to identify applicable agents. Smooth, effective and sensible if you ask me.

Hey, great mod (I only know so because Brutality mod uses it, and I play that alot.) I also have one of the stupidest (if not the stupidest?) questions ever asked: where can I find the files I need to edit? I already found the triggers (I think, it's in the modules folder in X module (for my example, 13th century Rus/1257 AD) right? I hope so, because I already added the text. But for the life of me I can not find the other file required- the one that ends in a .py. Do I need an editor? Any help here?

You need to download the module system and follow the instructions in this thread.
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/board,12.0.html

You've probably edited the .txt files which will screw with your game.

Omzdog said:
You need to download the module system and follow the instructions in this thread.
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/board,12.0.html

You've probably edited the .txt files which will screw with your game.

Thank god I only did it with the demo's files. Thank's for that- I found that a little after my post and facepalmed.

Back
Top Bottom