Battlefield performanc in 1.3.1 is awful compared to 1.1 and 1.2.

Users who are viewing this thread

paladinx333

Sergeant at Arms
I had my first 1000 man field battle in 1.3.1. The results were not pretty. The performance of the game was pretty good, until the fighting started. Once my infantry started killing the enemy peasants the battle became a slide show. The kill feed was the only thing moving on my screen. It was like the system could not process the deaths that were occurring so quickly and the whole thing bogged down to a crawl. Once kills became less frequent things improved and I could actually ride around and participate in the battle.

I did not have this problem in 1.1 or 1.2 with battles the same size. I guess 1.3.1 has a lower threshold of kills per second or something.

I experienced the same thing in 1.4, so be prepared to wait a few versions for optimisation.

If the kill rate is too high and listing all kills is too heavy on resources, then maybe game should just show or switch to a single running total.

Once my infantry started killing the enemy peasants the battle became a slide show.
Becouse CPU should work with 200 hits in a seconds. They should reduce density of troops and their insane blood rage.

May be after that melee fight 500 v 500 will not last 30 seconds.

I noticed the same thing. For me 1.2 was much smoother. 1.3 has some massive frame drops, that for the most part seem completely random.

Back
Top Bottom