Battlefield 1

Users who are viewing this thread

Cioss Julius U.X. said:
Sitting in trenches for hours, waiting to attack order is not Battlefield. That'd be like Dungeons&Dragons II: Bannerlord.
Pointless comment. Nobody is asking for the game to be sitting in trenches for hours. You know FPS games don't have to be either an ultra realistic simulation or an arcadey COD game, right? Some people want a game that is slower paced than typical Battlefield games, which is totally reasonable.

Cioss Julius U.X. said:
Sitting in trenches for hours, waiting to attack order is not Battlefield. That'd be like Dungeons&Dragons II: Bannerlord.

I think a Battlefield game with trenches and slightly slower pacing would be really fun. It worked before in mods for previous BF games like Forgotten Hope 2 (WW2 but the gameplay was much slower and more engaging/intense). They could've done it quite easily but that would've alienated a chunk of their more mainstream audience.

Ninja, Rigadoon is right.  :lol:

Rigadoon said:
Pointless comment.
Funny thing is there is non. Battlefield has it's own fast-paced, vehicle and infantry balanced fighting athmosphere. They want it to be well-balanced not realistic nor historically accurate. That's why there are so many SMG's, semi-autos etc. Otherway around it would be ****ing boring with 95% of bolt-action mud warfare.

Cioss Julius U.X. said:
Rigadoon said:
Pointless comment.
Funny thing is there is non. Battlefield has it's own fast-paced, vehicle and infantry balanced fighting athmosphere. They want it to be well-balanced not realistic nor historically accurate. That's why there are so many SMG's, semi-autos etc. Otherway around it would be ****ing boring with 95% of bolt-action mud warfare.

Forgotten Hope 2 is one of the most fun gameplay experiences I have ever had in an FPS and that's a WW2 mod for BF2 with lots of bolt action rifles and downtime/staying in cover/slowly pushing in squads. Hell, Red Orchestra is also mostly full of bolt-action rifles and slow methodical gameplay. A WW1 game in the same vein as those wouldn't be boring at all!

Wellenbrecher said:
F.F.C._fritz said:
8ab47cd40f6e393d4ee9f556f3a4e6a1.jpg

EMBRHACE DAS DIFERSITY, JA!

Well, maybe you can customize your character's trait? Or maybe they still have to work out on random facial skins (no pun intended) distribution, since black soldiers (Harlem Hellfighters i.e.) will be incuded, even if in other factions?
The hell... that doesn't look like the Schutztruppe in Africa. They had Askaris serve in Europe as well?
I can't find anything to support that...

Wasn't there a small black minority in Germany after WWI that was descended from African soldiers? I seem to remember they were exempt from military service in WWII but not persecuted. Anyway, many colonial soldiers fought on the Western Front. Political correctness gone mad!!!

Tactical shooters, realistic shooters, smulator shooters there are plenty of them. So *****ing abot Battlefield is not becoming one of them is totally meaningless.

I saw some improvements since BF4 -i hate Hardline-, like getting on vehicle animations, destructable surround even the ground itself. Vehicle animations is a major change, yes i know it's now something that big but until now all Battlefield games had instant using of vehicles. This is something new. Deploy menu is sexy too.

Warn, new post.

tl;dr

I must have missed all the new things about it.

Because as far as I see it's an artificial new. It's basically a reskinned battlefield 3/4 but with a slight WW1 cover of paint and ~~~~bayonet~~~~ charges.

The weapons look like ****ing abominations. Yes, in modern times weapons are specifically made to be abominations but I would like to think that back then it was all neat and tidy and everything looked standardised and it just worked.

Urgrevling said:
Wasn't there a small black minority in Germany after WWI that was descended from African soldiers?

Looking it up, it seems that they were descended from African soldiers in the French occupying army, so I was wrong. It appears the Germans didn't use any African troops on the Western Front at all. Unlike in Africa, where they absolutely did.

"Rhineland Bastards" they were called. And they were definitely heavily discriminated against, just not outright murdered.

Cioss Julius U.X. said:
Tactical shooters, realistic shooters, smulator shooters there are plenty of them. So *****ing abot Battlefield is not becoming one of them is totally meaningless.

I saw some improvements since BF4 -i hate Hardline-, like getting on vehicle animations, destructable surround even the ground itself. Vehicle animations is a major change, yes i know it's now something that big but until now all Battlefield games had instant using of vehicles. This is something new. Deploy menu is sexy too.

Warn, new post.

tl;dr
You are incredible narrow-minded. Games change over time. Battlefield itself used to be a slow paced and team focused but has changed drastically. It is not "*****ing" to want the series to try something different from its two fast paced predecessors, especially when the new setting creates such fresh opportunities for new gameplay. Maybe the rest of us were hoping for something more than a BF4 reskin.

Hey hang on there buddy I understand that game companies are working towards target groups and I know that I'm not part of the target group, neither is the majority of people here.

I've accepted that they won't make the game to my niche likes, but what I'm seeing here is people praising it for being innovative.
What innovation did they achieve? Making blimps catch fire as if they're the Hindenburg?

No, Verdun to me is still too twitch shootery for my liking. I would rather have Project Reality/Forgotten Hope on whatever engine it needed to support a good military simulation of WW1.

Back
Top Bottom