Battlefield 1

Users who are viewing this thread

Sir Prince said:
You said " I think the beta is not open to non-insider plebs". Which isn't true, the servers are just getting hammered (which is to be expected, and half the point of an open beta is to stress test them).

King Richard said:
It's an FPS, not a simulator,
Yeah, didn't say anything about expecting it to be a sim, nor does having your character's body have some weight make a game "sim-like". It just makes it so that really silly and stupid looking stuff like how easily you can move to peek in and out of cover harder to do which makes it a better game.
:facepalm: " I think the beta is not open "YET" to non-insider plebs"
Are you happy now ?

It is open to everyone. I don't know what kind of advantage the insider codes gave but it wasn't much. I got in just fine and so are plenty of people, aside from the connection issues from it being hammered.

Sir Prince said:
It is open to everyone. I don't know what kind of advantage the insider codes gave but it wasn't much. I got in just fine and so are plenty of people, aside from the connection issues from it being hammered.
Early access to beta, in-game rewards and exclusive content

Lumos said:
Not really. :lol: Also, the Russian M1895 really does help. It's got a better scope too.

I know you're talking about the Winchester rifle, but I choose to interpret this as confirmation that DICE lets players put scopes on revolvers.

Bluehawk said:
I know you're talking about the Winchester rifle, but I choose to interpret this as confirmation that DICE lets players put scopes on revolvers.
:lol::lol::lol:
Don't worry, emulation for the ".44 Scoped" from BF3 will probably arrive in a DLC pack along with the Russian army.

Lumos said:
Bluehawk said:
:lol::lol::lol:
Don't worry, emulation for the ".44 Scoped" from BF3 will probably arrive in a DLC pack along with the Russian army.
Oh god ! please no !

MG15 is dirty af  :dead:

You have to leave the current server and join another one so you can get the progression, if you play 2 games on the same server only the first will count  :???:

Oh, I know. I've been switching games and servers like a lunatic, and nothing has happened. Rank 0 on everything, except my level, which is 9.
So far the best thing in this game is spawning on a horse and having both medic and ammo packs, whilst retaining the sabre and a scopeless M1895, so that I can be a real sniper.

That's when the game works, of course.

Lumos said:
Oh, I know. I've been switching games and servers like a lunatic, and nothing has happened. Rank 0 on everything, except my level, which is 9.
So far the best thing in this game is spawning on a horse and having both medic and ammo packs, whilst retaining the sabre and a scopeless M1895, so that I can be a real sniper.

I left that for the ones who need it...  :mad:

Lumos said:

If you get off your horse, can you still fight on foot with the saber?

Also, can't log in; the servers must be borked. ****.

King Richard said:
I left that for the ones who need it...  :mad:
Sure, which is fine. I'm just very frustrated by the fact that no fixes work for me.

Arvenski said:
If you get off your horse, can you still fight on foot with the saber?
Yep! It remains your melee weapon. I'm not sure if you can pull out a knife in this one - probably yes, but somewhere around the 6 or 7 keys - but if you press and hold F, the sabre remains in your hand after you're done with the "quick-slash".

Been having the same problem. Hopefully A.) they'll be fewer people online later, and B.) they'll get their servers working properly by tomorrow. I don't know if either one will actually happen, though. :razz:

Arvenski said:
Been having the same problem. Hopefully A.) they'll be fewer people online later, and B.) they'll get their servers working properly by tomorrow. I don't know if either one will actually happen, though. :razz:
We'll have to wait and see.  :mrgreen:

And people, complaining about it won't help DICE :wink:

Got to play it for a few minutes. Game is good when you compare to all BFs since 2. But theres a lot of things that make me personally not want to buy it, unless they add a realism or simulation mode, like Red Orchestra 2.

So played as UK and from 4 kits, 2 are mgs, 1 a heavy mg, and 1 a scoped rifle.... So me wanting to play with a lee enfield normally i'd have to play FH2 or Verdun.

Revives. Completely retarded.

Kill cam, even more retarded.

Allied silhouette across buildings... like ancient RTS.. Im not wearing a Space marine helmet...

Tags above some enemies...

And of course the time to kill which is gigantic compared to FH2.

Though, graphics is good and the tanks and planes, and cavalry, are well made.

But still i'd rather play FH2. Which i cant now because germany is going to bed and 70% of its players are germans.  :cry:

Anyway beta confirmed what i was expecting and im not wasting my money in it.

Back
Top Bottom