Battlefield 1

Users who are viewing this thread

Lumos said:
beta is out.

1) Funny account of events as always. Lumos and Lumos Corps never disappoints.

2) This is not the game you are looking for  :mrgreen:

disclaimer: I am not a FPS big fan. I play them on occasion. I was around when Duke Nuke, Quake, CS, Wolfenstein 3d ... were all there rage. I loved Unreal back in the 2000s. Currently my newest FPS is BF3 which I probably have 100-120 hours tops of MP after years on my HD... I am keeping a eye on BF1, but doubt I will try it in the next 18 months or so (too many games in my list already)

And they've got the ****ing gall to ask me for €130! Ooooh, the Ultimate Edition, ooooooh, so amazing, just unveiled, ooooooooooh1!!!. In the meantime, you can't see the current tickets and time left whilst you're dead, you can't access the options menu between rounds, nor can you chat (between rounds, I mean). The same **** they should've fixed in Bf3, and that was partly fixed in bf4 IIRC. God almighty, am I pissed.

An objectively better assessment will probably follow tomorrow. I'll need time to cool down.

So it's just the usual EA ****?
Why are you so surprised and angry about getting exactly what it was always supposed to be? :lol:

Every trailer, everything they ever said, all their promo events showed us nothing but ADD EA shooter stuff. Beta comes around and it's unreformed, pure EA shooter stuff. Bam.
It's a weird world where I feel I am the zen bit about video games... :razz:

I'm back to sanity now. Just feeling tired and with a headache. Got my ass handed to me left and right in Dirty Bomb (as I was posting these last replies, to be honest), so there's always the probability it was just a bad day. Too hot outside, and I was with too many clothes in the sun, for too long. :iamamoron:

Wellenbrecher said:
So it's just the usual EA ****?
Why are you so surprised and angry about getting exactly what it was always supposed to be? :lol:
See, it's not that that irks me. I loved BF4 and I don't mind the "EA shooter" thing. I knew what it was going to be, yes. But the frustrating part is that for all those three matches I played, I consistently got ****ed, and hard at that, by people that blended in with their surroundings, or popped out of nowhere, or were in vehicles. Kinda jarring from consistently getting "godlike" killstreaks in one game and then being a zero in the other. If I got kills, more than something measly like a 4/7, I would've greatly enjoyed BF1 as well. In a competitive game, winning = 98% of all fun, after all.

Yeah, being an MG on a plane was kinda neat, and the enemy train was absolutely terrifying. It's probably not a bad game, but damn, could I not see anything.
I did score a sweet headshot with my irons-only bolt-action rifle though. Only one. But it was still nice. :razz:

Radetzky said:
My philosophy from FH2 - every round is a good round when the honour kill is achieved (i.e. at least one kill).

Also ending a match with no teamkills is good enough no matter how much deaths and no kills you get.

Okay, just had my first hard crash with this game. I'm thinking it was lag-induced, since I ended up in a pretty laggy match. Died, pressed space to respawn, game crashed. Anyway, I've mostly been playing the assault and scout classes so far. I seem to do alright with the scout's default SMLE and M1911 at medium range, and the assault class's MP 18 Trench and AT grenades are nice when dealing with infantry and tanks at close range. MP 18 seems pretty lousy at any other ranges, though, which does leave me feeling a bit vulnerable when I'm facing enemies across open ground. I've hardly used the other classes at all, yet. The medic's Italian semi-auto rifle looks nice, but I was a bit disappointed that it didn't have a scope, and the one time I tried to use it, the sandstorm hit right after I spawned, so I couldn't see jack **** at range anyway. I briefly tried the support class as well, but wasn't very impressed with the Lewis MG. Thing couldn't seem to hit the broad side of a barn, and the smoke from firing it gets so bad it obscures your view when aiming down sights. Screw that, I thought; I'll take the assault class and its MP 18.

edit: Okay, this is my first problem I have with the game: armor. For one, only the assault class seems to have good anti-armor capability. For two, there needs to be a better way to tell friend from foe when they're in a vehicle. If you see a tank, you have very little way of knowing if he's friendly or not until he fires on you. And if he fires on you, you're dead.

I'm having a great time, but I've got nothing to compare it to, so that's probably why.
Just had a fantastic round, me and a squad mate spent the entire game in tanks, ended with 14 kills and 3 deaths  :lol: I've only had one "bad round" so far, where I couldn't seem to go 30 seconds without getting shot in the face.
So far as beta feedback goes, it seems they could make horses a bit weaker.

Vraelomon said:
I'm playing, having a blast. Note that this is really the first FPS like this that I've played. I usually go scout class, unless there's a sandstorm.
I'm not having a wonderful time, but I don't know how much of that is the game's fault. Vehicles (and to a lesser extent, horses) are annoying, yeah, but other than that, my main issues seem to be lag and/or some kind of stuttering, a mouse that isn't working properly, and getting into games where the enemy team's kicking the crap outta mine. Besides those things, the game seems alright, at least as far as the infantry combat goes. I think I need to play the game more in order to get more of a feel for it, and to see about unlocking some different/better stuff. And yeah, about the only other FPS like this that I've played is Battlefront. And since I actually like Battlefront, unlike, it would seem, a lot of people, I guess that bodes well for my liking Battlefield 1, too. :razz:

Back
Top Bottom