battle_renown_value not properly calculated in some places.

Users who are viewing this thread

I initially thought it was my changes to the game that caused this, but seems not.
When you (jump_to_menu, "mnu_battle_debrief"), you will (call_script, "script_change_troop_renown", "trp_player", "$battle_renown_value") if you win, and this value is only calculated by calculate_renown_value script. However in several places calculate_renown_value is not done before (jump_to_menu, "mnu_battle_debrief"), which means it will use the last calculated value.
An example is when you save villages from bandits, it will not calculate the renown you get, instead increase your renown by the last calculated value. If you just defeated a lord and gained 50 renown, then you will get 50 renown again by saving the village.

In all the years WB Modding I have never really looked at this more closely but now that it is mentioned, as a Player I have always wondered from where the unusually high renown for freeing villages from bandits comes from.
Diplomacy has some fixes, might be worth checking if that has been adressed/fixed there yet.
Now without looking myself, I'm pretty sure: good find!

In all the years WB Modding I have never really looked at this more closely but now that it is mentioned, as a Player I have always wondered from where the unusually high renown for freeing villages from bandits comes from.
Diplomacy has some fixes, might be worth checking if that has been adressed/fixed there yet.
Now without looking myself, I'm pretty sure: good find!
Yeah, I noticed this problem since I raised the battle renown cap and find myself gaining 80 renown from saving the villages which is apparently not right.
I did not know about Diplomacy, but Native Expanded certainly share this bug.

Hey, I also haven't really noticed anything like that. For the last 4-5 years I use my custom Diplomacy base, though, and as Tocan mentions, if it is fixed there, I simply missed it. Maybe for the better? :razz:

Still, good catch, aye!

Back
Top Bottom