SP - Battles & Sieges Battle Troop Ratios should be reflective of army distribution

Users who are viewing this thread

Sir_Smittih

Recruit
In preparation for forming armies, I generally like to balance my companions'/lords' tendency to load up on infantry by loading up my own party with cavalry (particularly horse archers). However, when entering battles I find the ratio of troop types to be way off.

For example, I was recently leading an army of 1000 troops. I had 400 troops in my own party. 100 of my troops were horse archers (so 25% of my party and 10% of the army). My battle size setting was 600. When I hit the field, I had hundreds of infantry but only 9 horse archers... as you know, building up horse archers is expensive and time-consuming... the reason I make the effort is that it has a strong influence on my battle strategy and style of play. In this particular case I found it so frustrating I turned off the game. In fact, I find this more frustrating than crashes as I never know what my army is going to look like when I hit the field.

Should the ratio of units at the start of battle not correspond to the overall distribution in your army? To me this just makes sense.

Back
Top Bottom