B Native Battle Time! - The co-op mod (v1.4 Updated 10/1/12)

Users who are viewing this thread

Good day lads. Im having bit of problem.
It worked and was all fine, but now i dont get "give me time to save - set up multiplayer battle"
Now when i load without WSE loader then it shows this menu, but doesnt work. When i load with WSE then i just dont see the menu.
What could be the problem?

I as well am having a problem. I purchased this game through Steam, and upon installing the older version of Warband (v1.143) through the link provided and running the game (both through Steam, and the script extender), it asks me for a serial key, and the one provided to me by Steam is a 25 (5, 5 character long sections) character key, and the game is asking for a 16 (4, 4 character long sections) character key.
I'm not really sure what to do at this point, short of buying the game again. Is there an alternate solution I'm just not seeing, or am I just going to have to be patient for an update? Thanks in advance.

Sorry if I'm necroing the thread, but I need some help.

I recently bought Warband - I downloaded 1.143 through the links on the forum, and installed it. (It did not ask for a key, I already had 1.153 installed on steam so I'm guessing the keys were in my registry.)

I did the first six steps (extracted Dedicated, Battle time, moved the files around, change the ini, etc.)

But when I try to run the dedicated server through the .bat file, I keep getting the "script enhancer only works with 1.143." Anyone got any tips for me?

Okay, so, now the dedicated server runs -

However, these are the issues I'm running into:

When I run my single player, it says "WSE not running." - So, I started my singleplayer game by using the WSE Loader, and then it did supposedly set up a multiplayer battle.

However, when I try to join it through multiplayer (Local Area Network and what not) it says that it's running the default module, and pressing escape does nothing - so I can't access the admin commands. Joining the game causes me to from running battle_time to running the native, as well.

Any tips. Please. ._. this is making me go crazy.

If the Battle_Time module is installed in the dedicated server folder and you run the start batch file that contains "WSELoader.exe -r Battle_Time.txt -m Battle_Time" the dedicated server should be running Battle Time.

Hello can anyone help i have got this problem when i press setup multiplayer battle nothing happens and i always get bunch of errors the first error was this
error1i.png

then i created a folder C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\Mount&Blade Warband\WSE\Battle Time so it removed the last error but added another one
errortb.png
and now i dont know what to do please help
(i am launching the game trough wseloader.exe)

Are you using version 1.143 of Warband, and did you change any of the mod's txt files? Otherwise, you can try installing Battle Time fresh in a clean install of 1.143.

Egbert said:
Are you using version 1.143 of Warband, and did you change any of the mod's txt files? Otherwise, you can try installing Battle Time fresh in a clean install of 1.143.
i am using 1.143 i didn't change anything i did everything by the tutorial and i tried reinstalling the game and putting the mod nothing helps

meh dont bother i just dont need it anymore so i will play alone thats all thanks for help lets say i surrender :grin: maybe i will try again in future :smile:

Yeah, hi, so, I've got a problem, playing online with SoundChaser (see above). Perhaps it's good to know first, that I'm running a Windows 7 64-bit and he's on an XP.

Here's how it goes. What I did was:

1. Downloaded (no Steam) Warband 1.143 and installed it on my harddrive at C:\Program Files (x86)\Mount&Blade Warband
2. I downloaded the module here and unzipped the files to C:\Program Files (x86)\Mount&Blade Warband\Modules
3. Downloaded the Dedicated files 1.143 that fits, unzipped it on Desktop
4. Copied/Pasted the WSE-files from C:\Program Files (x86)\Mount&Blade Warband\Modules\Battle_Time\WSE to the Dedicated forder

after noticing there's no Battle_Time in the dedicated\modules -folder

5. Unzipped the module to dedicated\modules\Battle_Time

Now afaik I should have the required files in appropriate places according to the tutorial. So I went forward to open two gates from the router, 7240 & 7421 then:

6. Started the game from the C:\Program Files (x86)\Mount&Blade Warband\Modules\Battle_Time\WSE\WSELoader.exe
7. Chose the Battle_time module and searched for a battle to fight in. ->"Give me time to save" -> "setup multiplayer battle" -> "quit"
8. Went to the multiplayer section, clicked on "Host a battle".
9. Wrote down server name and a password for my battle -> "load map" -> start map.
10. Chose myself a player, but SoundChaser couldn't find the server.

At this point it's good to say, that when he does exactly what I did here, I can find the game, join it and find a batte until it evidently crashes at some point (seeing as how it does that 80% of the time).

So I tried the dedicated server:

11. Opened the Battle_Time.ini at the Dedicated-folder on my desktop.
12. Named the server, set an admin password, set maximum of players to 3&3 and upload limit to 700000 just in case. Then set port 7420 ans steam port 7421. Saved!
13. Went to WSE_settings.ini in the same folder, copied the path C:\Users\*******\Documents\Mount&Blade Warband\WSE
13. According to the tutorial, I ran the Battle_Time_start.bat in the same folder to start the dedicated server. A black box opened stating in the end: command file is read & input:_

I assumed the server was on, so I went throu steps 6.-8. but instead of hosting a battle I used:

14. Join a game -> Local Area Network, and indeed found my server, typed in my admin-password, and joined.
15. While on map, pressed esc to enter the GUI, clicked on  admin_panel, so it went to the panel as usual, not the native panel, but the coop-panel.
16. set up a password, pressed "load map" to load the map from the game and pressed "start map".

So after 5-6 seconds the right map opens, I choose a character that is my own and wait for SoundChaser to log in.

what happens is that he finds the server on his list, tries to enter with the given password that I just told him over Skype. But he gets the message "Connection to server is lost". Meanwhile I'm fighting a war (or ready to start) on the server.

That's about it. I've done everything as it was said, as far as I know it should be quite all right. I do not believe it's a network error on my behalf, when I *can* join his server and his dedicated server (he does the same as I do in 6-8 and 11-16). So if anyone knows how to resolve this problem, well, I'd be very happy, and it'd better our playing experience a lot!

Also, why use a dedicated server, when you can just host a game?

Also, SoundChaser, feel free to correct me if I'm wrong somewhere.

The dedicated server is useful so that the other players can stay in the server when you go back to single player to find a new battle or if you need to host from another computer.

Some things you can try:

1. Try hosting without setting a general server password.

2. Try this:
Vincenzo said:
Can you try to change in your rgl_config.txt file the setting "use_secure_connections"

Change it to 0.

On Windows 7 there are two rgl_config.txt files that both need to be modified. You can find them in the following locations.

C:\Users\(username)\AppData\Roaming\Mount&Blade Warband\
C:\Users\(username)\Documents\Mount&Blade Warband\

3. Try hosting a normal server running the Native module, if you have the same problems, then it's probably something with your software or network.

1. Tried without password. The same message: "Connection to server is lost".

2. I found the one in Documents\M&B\ but it was already set to 0. On my computer I do not find the folder (Username)\AppData

3. I opened the Native game, tried multiplayer -> host a game -> deathmatch -> start map (no password). He couldn't find the server in the list.

Then I opened the dedicated server for Death Match from dedicated\Sample_Deatchmatch_start.bat ran the game from both the normal mb_warband.exe and the WSELoader.exe. At both times he couldn't find the dedicated server from the list, however it was on my LAN.

It's probably worth mentioning, that weeks ago when we first lost hours of sleep over this :grin:, we were playing deathmatch on my non-dedicated server without a problem. So what messed it up was either installing the module or the dedicated files. Anyway. Another thing. I started the game in Native, and he with Battle_time, AND was able to see my dedicated server for a while until it was lost. So basically the server was there. Sometimes it's there, more often not :S I don't suppose it's an OS compatibility problem?

I don't think it's a problem between Win7 and XP. I have hosted Battle Time on a Win7 x64 computer in online mode with ports forwarded both dedicated and nondedicated and successfully joined with an XP computer. Since you have the same problem hosting in Native, installing Battle Time should not have changed anything.

It sounds like you have an issue with your router, anti virus, firewall, or user account controls. You might want to check that your firewall has an exception for each exe that Warband uses.

Back
Top Bottom