B Native Battle Time! - The co-op mod (v1.4 Updated 10/1/12)

Users who are viewing this thread

I have not tried using a remote server, but all you would have to do is upload the coop_battle.wsedict file to the server for every battle and setup the correct file path. Did you get the dedicated server working on your home computer?

Perhaps you should make a video detailing the most optimal setup. Sounds much easier than helping people individually :wink:.

I uploaded the coop_battle.wesdict file to the root folder of the server but don't know where to connect it. Do I have to change the wse_settings.ini storage path to the root folder of the server too? And no, the locally hosted dedicated server never really got working for me. I'm hoping I can find a way to automatically upload coop_battle files to the server so I don't have to manually upload the files each time... Thanks for your time btw

Mysecondren said:
does this mod allow for two players on the same overland map with separate parties?
No.

Criken said:
I uploaded the coop_battle.wesdict file to the root folder of the server but don't know where to connect it. Do I have to change the wse_settings.ini storage path to the root folder of the server too? And no, the locally hosted dedicated server never really got working for me. I'm hoping I can find a way to automatically upload coop_battle files to the server so I don't have to manually upload the files each time... Thanks for your time btw
The path in wse_settings.ini should point to the folder where the file is.

So I've found a way to upload the coop_battle file to the remote server automatically for each encounter, but when I join the server the coop menu states the factions and map as "unknown". The correct admin screen for Co-op Mode co-op battle pops up when it needs to and the night / day time cycle seems to connect correctly, there are just no troops or factions. Any idea what might be missing?

I don't know why the troops wouldn't show up. Try setting up a new battle from singleplayer because the battle file records when you try to start a MP battle and won't let you start it twice. All the battle information is stored in the battle file, so you can open it with a text editor to compare that the data is correct.

So I have the Steam version of M&B Warband, installed the mod, went into the WSE folder and ran WSELoader and my issue is it does not list Battle_Time in the drop down box. But when I run non-WSE Warband it IS listed. What is going on?

I tried the first solution you suggested but it didn't change anything. I opened the coop_battle file in notepad and found bits of text that made sense but I'm not sure if anything is wrong. Small sample looks like:
"party inv37 itm-1    party inv38 imd0    party inv38 itm-1    party inv39 imd0    party inv39 itm-1    srvr set220     srvr set3100     srvr set40     srvr set51     srvr set60     srvr set720     srvr set80     srvr set91    tm0 fac26    tm1 fac13  tm1 nameNo Faction"

(I'm guessing the "No Faction" part is incorrect?)

TomKane said:
So I have the Steam version of M&B Warband, installed the mod, went into the WSE folder and ran WSELoader and my issue is it does not list Battle_Time in the drop down box. But when I run non-WSE Warband it IS listed. What is going on?

Okay! So I've solved my own problem. Basically I had two versions of M&BWB installed. Non-steam and Steam. Once I remembered that I figured (correctly) that WSELoader was trying to launch the non-Steam version. So I copied all the files in the WSE folder and put them right into my steamapps/common/mountandblade warband/ folder where my Steam versions exe was. Once I did this it recognized it needed to launch through Steam and found the Battle_Time mod. Glad I figured this out on my own because I doubt anyone would have guessed I had two copies of M&BWB.

Criken said:
I tried the first solution you suggested but it didn't change anything. I opened the coop_battle file in notepad and found bits of text that made sense but I'm not sure if anything is wrong. Small sample looks like:
"party inv37 itm-1    party inv38 imd0    party inv38 itm-1    party inv39 imd0    party inv39 itm-1    srvr set220     srvr set3100     srvr set40     srvr set51     srvr set60     srvr set720     srvr set80     srvr set91    tm0 fac26    tm1 fac13  tm1 nameNo Faction"

(I'm guessing the "No Faction" part is incorrect?)
That looks fine, it says the battle is between the player faction and deserters and the player's faction does not have a custom name. Why don't you send me a copy of the coop_battle file from before the battle, and tell me what version of Warband, WSE, and Battle Time you are using.

I'm having a dedicated server problem. I believe I have followed all the steps correctly, but when I join my dedicated server, the map is empty. I don't know what I'm missing...

Also, in the dedicated server, I get the following:
Unable to map game script code: Game_check_party_sees_party
unable to map game script code: game_get_party_speed_multiplier

I do not know if the latter is at all important; I'd mostly just like to be able to properly do this dedicated server business. Can you help me?

When you joined the dedicated server, were you able to load the battle from the admin panel? What does the empty map look like?
Erithrius said:
Also, in the dedicated server, I get the following:
Unable to map game script code: Game_check_party_sees_party
unable to map game script code: game_get_party_speed_multiplier
You can ignore those, they are from Native.

The empty map always appears (in the Available Servers list) to be the Ruins map, with 0/32 players. I join and it's Swadia vs. Vaegirs, with me on Swadia, but I can't do anything.

I'm unsure about "loading the battle" from the admin panel. I took a screenshot of the top half of my admin panel, which hopefully can tell you what's going on:http://postimage.org/image/vfdpcbioh/

Also, I did setup an admin password, I believe (I removed the # from the corresponding line and changed ADMIN to a regular password) but I am never asked for a password upon joining.

You have to type the admin password in the lobby before your join the server.

Your screenshot shows that the server cannot find a battle that is ready to start. Set the path in wse_settings.ini or WSE may not be running the server.

Thank you, it appears to have worked. I changed the path, and then performed the following steps that allowed the battle to start:

-found an enemy, did "quit (will not save)"
-joined the multiplayer server
-typed in password in admin panel, clicked Load Game or something
-clicked Start Battle or something in same panel
-clicked Start Battle in the main menu accessible from pressing escape
-waited like 10 seconds.

Battle Time!

However, now I have a new problem. When my brother tries to connect, it says validating serial, requesting to join game, then Error: Connection to server is lost.

Back
Top Bottom