Battle Sizing

Users who are viewing this thread

Shrugging Khan

Sergeant Knight at Arms
Has anyone other than me ever done battles with higher-than-usual numbers of participants?

Ancient M&B standard was 100 men,
Warband made it 150,
My usual is 300,
The highest I got my machine to stomach (at 1 FPS) was 800.

I feel that in TEATRC, with the various faction-specific tactics and troop types and the guns and the cannon and formations and whatnot, the more soldiers go onto the field, the more tactically interesting (past ye olde CHARGE!) the game becomes; although the low FPS obviously forces the player to hang back and direct troops instead of fighting on his own.

So, what's your experiences with battle size?

With my new fancy shmanzy laptop I parked my battle size at a hefty 600 man battlefest.  600 can hold most any one on one battle, and in the larger Marshaled(1000+) battles, it provides an okay balance of troops on-screen to reinforcement waves, at least the way I like it.  On one of my older pc's I'd have to run it at 75, so the first time I could battle at 200, it felt EPIC; at low sizes, it's just about you killing everybody,maybe with a few bodies-probably knights-in tow, but when you turn it up, it actually feels like you're just one small part of something much bigger and EPIC.

Being a loyal Swadian, when the battlesize goes up, it means my force's variety goes up.  I usually have a nice mix of melee troops and mercenaries in my infantry and ranged formations; Variety being the spice of life and all.  This is, in imho, Swadia's strength, making it more flexible in being able to counter enemy troop types well, and support my tanks knights. 

errr how do you go about increasing numbers in battles, im afraid im still stuck in ye old charge mode (Which suits my slaver chief army butt still.)

Back
Top Bottom