Battle of Bucharest 2017 - Sign Up!

Users who are viewing this thread

m1tchell23 said:
I'm pretty sure no warband tournament ever made in the last few years has been 100% random and for good reason

The reason it hasn't been random is because people want better matches towards the end, these top teams usually go through the single elimination. That's giving top teams special treatment just so it looks like a better tournament. That's extremely flawed. Top teams from the top bracket will go forward anyways, the bottom bracket unity and some other secret good team will go forward. You're allowing special treatment for top teams with seeding. You're thinking more about equality for top teams and less about equity.

Fietta said:
Randomised is randomised and whatever the outcome is, is as fair as possible.

This is flat out false. It's fair in the sense that everyone is treated the same but the outcome can be, and often is, extremely unfair, giving some teams a much harder route and others an easier one. You can only believe randomisation is fair if you believe every team is of the same quality - something patently untrue.

OurGloriousLeader said:
Fietta said:

This is flat out false. It's fair in the sense that everyone is treated the same but the outcome can be, and often is, extremely unfair, giving some teams a much harder route and others an easier one. You can only believe randomisation is fair if you believe every team is of the same quality - something patently untrue.

The top teams will be going against each other regardless, I don't want them to all have the short route to Bucharest without any serious competition. Seeding destroys competition. It's about the best team winning, if your team can't win another top team then that proves you're unable to win the medal which is what we're all aiming for. The qualifiers should be just as exciting as the rest of the tournament. Top teams will have to go against the same top teams regardless, the 'harder route' just seems flawed. You get me?

hIvqK.gif

Create a lower bracket. The 2 finalists of the upper bracket go to bucharest. Same for the finalist of the loser bracket. So even if an amazing-super-giga-heroes team lose, they still have a chance to qualify throught loser bracket. It should not take much more time than the actual format sincère you only play 1 map. You can play 2 matches the same day. GG WP :smile:

Fietta said:
OurGloriousLeader said:
Fietta said:

The top teams will be going against each other regardless, I don't want them to all have the short route to Bucharest without any serious competition. Seeding destroys competition. It's about the best team winning, if your team can't win another top team then that proves you're unable to win the medal which is what we're all aiming for.

A top team needs to beat a top team in the first round, second round, and third round in order to be treated fairly to have the same chance as winning as a weaker team who potentially has a much easier route?

That's what you think?

You'll have to fight them to win anyways, so yes. It's competition. If that's what the randomised bracket gives, boohoo. You've got to remember if you defeat these top teams you'll never have to go against them again. This proves you're the better team.

Fietta said:
You'll have to fight them to win anyways, so yes. It's competition. If that's what the randomised bracket gives, boohoo. You've got to remember if you defeat these top teams you'll never have to go against them again.

So in knockout tournament with a cash prize for the top 3 and paid trip to LAN for top 4 it is fair that anyone can have a tougher or weaker route regardless of their team quality, because "you have to fight them eventually"?

That's your position, correct?

To be fair we can't see who the lower bracket teams are. They might have stacked teams who just didn't post. Lust could maybe seed for sure bit as the format is 5v5 he would only have a rough guess of how teams would transition from 8v8 to 5v5. For a proper seeding we would need more 5v5matches (don't orgasm just yet greed,)

I understand a lot of anger because everyone who entered wants to go to LAN (fu work ruining my chance of getting lucky with automated system) but the anger should wait until the rosters are posted , I got no idea why they haven't been but half that bracket could be freelancers/Kurwa teams for all we know

I agree with most of the messages written in the 4 first pages.
From my perspective, This should've been discussed way earlier but the lack of information didn't allow it. With that being said, I think the problem isnt specially to set seeds for the teams(Because there are no previous tours with these teams) or setup any other thing, the main problem is that you've randomised this without both. You need either seeds or Double elimination. You keep saying that there's no time for any kind of change while you received the final amount of sign ups 11-12 hours ago when you woke up and probably clicked the random button after writing team names in 10. Applying any seed or developing any kind of double elimination format would take you 30 minutes before randomising and you could get help if you wanted it.

At the moment we're in a situation where the first lan and most important tournament from warband in all history that should prepare ground for future competitions or bannerlord has been awfully prepared(game-wise) and will probably end up with stomps in the lan, now, I dont need anyone to explain me that small teams can beat good ones, I already have seen that dont forget that I play for Spain NC2017, everything can happen.

What I dont find logical is that now, in alecks' team, we're forced to play with 2 of the probably teams that were gonna qualify for the lan while other teams have a much easier path or even have a default win, everyone's already calling that teams like Unity have almost a ticket secured now for Bucharest, while we're obligated to fight at our full potential since the beginning against 2 teams who everyone were believing as future possible winners of the tournament already.

I dont care if we've to fight the 2 best teams in the beginning, we'll try our best, but what I really dont understand is why do we have to fight them while other teams get a much easier path to the finals and even a default win to start up with.

There's no balance or logical bracket system in this tournament, and it's sad to see because I specially agree with Gibby's words and many others, this tournament is very appreciated, all the effort, been waiting for something similar for years, but I think keeping this system is a huge mistake and it may have consequences in the future(for future tournaments) that you'll all regret not only those happy because of the easier path that are now not even worrying.

I hope you consider better what you want to do because you really have the time to change it, with or without help. If things remain this way we'll play at our max and try to reach the lan.

Good luck to AE and everyone in the tournament.

_Osiris_ said:
To be fair we can't see who the lower bracket teams are. They might have stacked teams who just didn't post. Lust could maybe seed for sure bit as the format is 5v5 he would only have a rough guess of how teams would transition from 8v8 to 5v5. For a proper seeding we would need more 5v5matches (don't orgasm just yet greed,)

I understand a lot of anger because everyone who entered wants to go to LAN (fu work ruining my chance of getting lucky with automated system) but the anger should wait until the rosters are posted , I got no idea why they haven't been but half that bracket could be freelancers/Kurwa teams for all we know

If half the lower bracket is freelancers/kurwa, the lower bracket teams get an even easier journey to Bucharest.

...cuz they aren't allowed to play...

If it was randomised every team has an equal chance of getting into an 'easier' bracket? I agree with fietta that this is the best way to deal with this lol. Otherwise you can just drop all the 'lower' tier teams and start with semifinals or something like that.

@The people who dont understand what seeding is for:

The point of a competitive tournament is to sort teams in order of how good they are. If you do not seed the teams then a team that finishes 2nd could have played all extremely easy fixtures until the final. This would mean that the tournament has failed to sort the teams correctly in order of their skill.

For example Unity may reach the final despite having not played any hard teams. Teams such as Charlinis team or AE may get knocked out in the first round by the team that goes on to win it despite them being better than the teams that finish 2nd 3rd and 4th. If this is the case then the tournament has not been competitive or succeeded in its goal of sorting the best teams.

Its quite a basic concept and is used in pretty much all competitions for obvious reasons.

Back
Top Bottom