Battle of Brūnanburh [old thread]

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Leifr Eiríksson said:
SilentMatthew said:
Some bits of the event before the crash:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MYEHlrDISrY

Great, thanks for the footage SilentMatthew.

I am proud to see that the Einherjar (Harras!) can still keep it together under duress; see this moment in particular. My only concern would be that the Fyrningas took the extra-long route to the enemy's flank rather than simply piling back into the side around the 06:46 mark.  :razz:

Skål! Einherjar!
:lol:

I must say, from our perspective it looked like we were going exactly at the right angle for maximum effect, but getting a more general view, yeah, I think it took us about 10 seconds longer than it should have to charge.

Thanks for the video, Matt! And to you to, Rome!

edit: Dayum that's one handsome Eadmund æþeling.

I wanted to join but it was full. Too bad you had a technically problem. What happen, was it a crash from the serverload ?

Also, do you think a lot of players like this kind of medieval organised battle ? We should do more of it in the Vikingr and WB community in general.

Aldric said:
I wanted to join but it was full. Too bad you had a technically problem. What happen, was it a crash from the serverload ?

Also, do you think a lot of players like this kind of medieval organised battle ? We should do more of it in the Vikingr and WB community in general.

Moeckerkalfie said:
It really seems there is an issue with the taleworlds master server, which leads to the "Incorrect Authorization key" message and barring people from playing not only in Vikingr but also in other mods and the expansions. We will do our best to get the server up as soon as possible for public playing again and have already contacted jestservers about it, but we can not say yet how long it will take, especially if it is actually a problem at taleworlds end.

And yes; I do believe a lot of people enjoy this. Just as hundreds of people enjoy standing in lines and shooting black-powder weapons at one another (NW etc), so do people enjoy standing in a shield wall and thrusting spears at one another.

Aldric said:

From what I heard and seen, the serverload came first and then the Taleworlds server for key authentication wasn't working completely which also affected the other event(Battle of Geonosis event for Bear Force II) around the same time.

Edit: Ninj'ed.

I find that we lack event based on shieldwall fighting. We should make a organization that create regular shieldwall on different mods whatsoever.

Leifr Eiríksson said:
SilentMatthew said:
Some bits of the event before the crash:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MYEHlrDISrY

Great, thanks for the footage SilentMatthew.

I am proud to see that the Einherjar (Harras!) can still keep it together under duress; see this moment in particular. My only concern would be that the Fyrningas took the extra-long route to the enemy's flank rather than simply piling back into the side around the 06:46 mark.  :razz:

Skål! Einherjar!
Aye it was beautifully done, like to think my vocal commands on TS helped :wink:

I enjoyed the part of the event we got to play, nice work of all of you (especially to my direct leaders Aescwine and Léoda), I was happy to see so many people and am looking forward to the continuation of the event.

I had a blast on the one round we played. I managed to kill some guy in the charge then broke through lines and killed one more who had a dagger until I got chopped down by an axe five seconds before the timer ran out. I really wish that we could of finished the event, the teams were quite balanced too. Hopefully the teams be as balanced next time around and the server problems are fixed.

I should desire to participate next round.  Sign me up as an Alban warrior!
Mixed feelings about the server crash. I wanted to participate, but the timing wasn't opportune for me, but now I'll be able to reschedule. Oh well, it happened, and I can be happy to participate.

Thanks everybody for being a good sport about this! Hopefully next time we won't be so unlucky and there won't be a Warband-wide server issue.
e27 said:
Even though I was not there this time, I have signed up. And would like to participate next round.
We'll probably have to run a new sign-up process from scratch, so stay tuned.

That manoeuvre by the Einherjar-Haraz, pulling back to open our flank and stretch our charge was horrifying. Well done, it completely killed off our chance to recover.

Watching the video again and remembering how we saw it at the time, now I believe taking the long way around to flank the enemy was the right choice. Otherwise we wouldn't have been able to sandwich the enemy forces and we'd have ended up falling into line with the Haringas almost immediately, I think. Plus, we knew you guys could hold your ground for a while. :grin:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom