Battle of Brūnanburh [old thread]

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
This gloriously made thread is a delight to read!

I have great hope that folk will honour your work by taking on period names.

Skvor, Skvor, I knew you didn't draw that artwork for nothing  :mrgreen:
I'll shorten my pc life a little more by taking part at the event! Frithumundr is fighting!

I offer my spear and my axe for the flag and the honor of Llu Cumri, if they allow me to join their side.

Do you think my nickname needs to  turn into one more appropriate? Guess so... or maybe it may just be "translated" somehow, as Hrotha did for the past event?

Let the birin rain upon our enemies!

Edit: I assume this means that battle of Sulcoit won't happen in any time soon?

C_Ronin_Rico said:
Do you think my nickname needs to  turn into one more appropriate? Guess so... or maybe it may just be "translated" somehow, as Hrotha did for the past event?
I can't really help much with the Brythonic languages, sorry. I'd recommend you to just pick any name you fancy from the list. 'Elfin' is probably the one that more closely resembles your usual name.

So, yeah. I talked with my officers (and spammed everyone else about this  :lol:), and we decided that we would like to be Norse-Gaelic. Don't have any precise numbers yet, but I'd guess we could muster around 10 men.

hrotha said:
C_Ronin_Rico said:
I can't really help much with the Brythonic languages, sorry. I'd recommend you to just pick any name you fancy from the list. 'Elfin' is probably the one that more closely resembles your usual name.

I like "Elfin". Ok I will pick up that nick. Always helpful Hrotha :smile:

I've never really played Vikingr before yet I think I'll fight for Llu Cumri in this upcoming battle! It sounds like a hell of a lot of fun! I'm still a bit confused by the name system, however. Would I have to simply select a Brythonic name and use it as my nickname during the battle? Are any other tags or a surname required? 

Captain_Fozzington said:
I've never really played Vikingr before yet I think I'll fight for Llu Cumri in this upcoming battle! It sounds like a hell of a lot of fun! I'm still a bit confused by the name system, however. Would I have to simply select a Brythonic name and use it as my nickname during the battle? Are any other tags or a surname required? 
Welcome to Víkingr!

Choosing a period name is optional, but encouraged, as it adds to the immersion. If you want to join the Llu Cumri and are willing to use a Brythonic name, then just choose the one you prefer. No other tags are required, although you might want to come up with your own (for example, choosing a name for the father of your character and linking the two with vap, "son (of)"). If you want to go the hardcoure naming route and need further help, I'd advise you to make a post in the Nafngift (or 'Name Giving') thread.

To make things easier for the organizers on the day of the event, we'd appreciate it if you played under whichever name you signed up with here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom