Users who are viewing this thread

Partyfish88

Recruit
Good evening Lords and Ladies,

I'll get straight to the point, what are your thought's on battle musician's?

In battle they could take the form of bagpipers, horn player's, drummer's etc. This could be by the players choice or the chosen culture. They could improve moral, battle performance, campaign map movement speed (marching music), it could sound pretty immersive too.

Just imagine, Battanians lining up against Vlandians, a group of Battanian Bagpiper's positioned on a hill off to the side with drummer's. Their music echoing across the battlefield.

What do you think?
(I'd post in suggestions but I don't have the privilege yet)

In my opinion, they wouldn't fit the atmosphere at all. I would rather to have better battle musics instead. Like more epic stuff than the current ones. They just don't allow me to get into the battle atmosphere.

They fit more into a napoleonic setting, like the Warband dlc.
I think more musicians in taverns would be great.
For battles i would like more warcries.
Right now if you press O in the middle of battle you will shout "We won" even if the battle is still going on ?

Not really, they don´t fit into the medieval setting for me.
If you have a kingdom of your own and the king wants the musicians in the field, I don't see why he shouldn't have them.
Maybe he too is a musician or appreciates the benefits of rhythm on the battlefield and therefore he wants horns and other instruments to ring before the initial charge.
If a player makes a kingdom of his own, he should be allowed, as many have long been asking for a customization of units and their kingdom.
This is part of the customization.
And then calradia is not STRICTLY based on a very specific epoch and SO IT MUST NOT BE.
Historical accuracy, which here makes no sense to exist, MUST NOT SET LIMITS.
I would prefer an empire, in part, more similar to the Roman one, after all it was divided into 3, it was enough to make 1 Roman-like (performing in defensive terms the loricas, the segmented etc .. in order to adapt to the context) and the third based on another archetype or period.
Instead, we are fossilizing on concepts that have no subsistence in a "dark fantasy" world.

This one is kinda fly by me as well..

If you mean like battle cry, or horns alike sound signals, then these are in the same manner of banners I think.

I wouldn't worry too much for deadline tho. This kind of stuffs are hardly taking into account when you're considering release window.

And battlefield barbers or battlebarbers as they are known in Calradia and nowhere else.
Did an enemy axe ruin your nice haircut? Head to the rear and have that styling faux pas corrected.

Musicians are nice, but they need to be fighting musicians, using their instruments to fight the enemy musicians.
Also singers. Singers can sing while swinging an axe, so they are more practical troops.

I´m all in for a medieval rap battle during a big fight. We already have mosh pits so.
This may be an alternative way to resolve battles without violence, except for the ear rape.
Each side can request trial by music before the battle and the one that loses retreats to its base. Gameplay-wise, you need to grow and improve your merry band of battle musicians so you will have options if you are caught by a superior force.

This may be an alternative way to resolve battles without violence, except for the ear rape.
Each side can request trial by music before the battle and the one that loses retreats to its base. Gameplay-wise, you need to grow and improve your merry band of battle musicians so you will have options if you are caught by a superior force.
I like the idea!

You can improve the skills of your musicians with dialogue options. Of course the outcome of the chosen option needs to be fully random.

With a high enough musician skill level they can force enemy troops to just surrender. In sieges they can make the wall defenders to jump down from the wall. With a special perk they can boost your horse speed while singing! Of course you can also use them in settlements so that they can sing in the streets and you get denars for it. When running out of food they can sing and you won´t get a morale penalty and troops won´t desert.

They should also be able to form a straight line (like a shield wall) and sing together and block incoming arrows with their voices.

The options are unlimited!

I'd love horns during battle when orders are given. I don't see how a trumpet blower would be so immersion breaking. Would make more sense than the character shouting and being heard on the other side of the battlefield. Aren't horns something that used to be in M&B or one of the old mods or something?

While we're at it.

Can we have a general's staff as well.

I'd like a personal adjutant to manage staff and help me don my armour, a chief of staff officer and their support runners so that I can communicate with my allies, A barber to keep me looking spick on the field, an armourer to maintain my suit, a couple of porters for my personal baggage so I don't have to keep it with the retail produce, several secretaries to manage my fiefly affairs while I'm in the field as well as their support scribes and messengers, a merchant officer and their staff to oversee my trade business, plus a dozen or so general support labourers, stable hands, veterinarians, surgeons, chefs and a cup bearer to support my general's staff.

In fact, when in an army, I should probably just replace all the soldiers in my party with bureaucrats that manage that army.

Added dose of realism - they have to stand at the back in battle. Someone has to protect the train. And just like Alexander at Gaugamela, you can win the battle and lose your baggage train.

Good evening Lords and Ladies,

I'll get straight to the point, what are your thought's on battle musician's?

In battle they could take the form of bagpipers, horn player's, drummer's etc. This could be by the players choice or the chosen culture. They could improve moral, battle performance, campaign map movement speed (marching music), it could sound pretty immersive too.

Just imagine, Battanians lining up against Vlandians, a group of Battanian Bagpiper's positioned on a hill off to the side with drummer's. Their music echoing across the battlefield.

What do you think?
(I'd post in suggestions but I don't have the privilege yet)
so sad for you. Your thread got trolled. War horns = no. Field barbers and music duels = the best. You should understand that a lot of people in the bannerlord community are druggies and are either high or drunk. You can suggest something good and they'll stone you to death. But you can just say, "Today, I died in siege" and they'll hail you as a god.

I like the idea!

You can improve the skills of your musicians with dialogue options. Of course the outcome of the chosen option needs to be fully random.

With a high enough musician skill level they can force enemy troops to just surrender. In sieges they can make the wall defenders to jump down from the wall. With a special perk they can boost your horse speed while singing! Of course you can also use them in settlements so that they can sing in the streets and you get denars for it. When running out of food they can sing and you won´t get a morale penalty and troops won´t desert.

They should also be able to form a straight line (like a shield wall) and sing together and block incoming arrows with their voices.

The options are unlimited!

Damn heretics are everywhere. I can see the both of you trying to sneak in noise marines to please the dark prince.

so sad for you. Your thread got trolled. War horns = no. Field barbers and music duels = the best. You should understand that a lot of people in the bannerlord community are druggies and are either high or drunk. You can suggest something good and they'll stone you to death. But you can just say, "Today, I died in siege" and they'll hail you as a god.

It got trolled because it is not a good suggestion.

Authentic period trappings of war would be awesome if they were done right, I can see the misunderstanding and why there was such a knee-jerk reaction. With the game being pure fantasy TW would have lots of nice options to improve immersion. Those who say trappings of war don't improve immersion don't know what they are talking about. Different types of horns were used throughout history to signal troops as voices just don't carry, horns are very distinct sounds that can cut through the noise of battle. The way I would like to see it work in the game is the player would give a command > horn blower uses instrument/horn > troops would then execute the movement.

Trappings of War - banners, war horns, iconic standards (eagle standard etc), and other period instruments

Back
Top Bottom