SP Native Battle Morale (v1.5 for 0.960Native)

Users who are viewing this thread

redazncommiedxp said:
This mod looks phenomenal.  Please please please make this compatible with .955!  M&B fans everywhere will rejoice.  Also, if you'll forgive me for saying so, I think you should send this mod to Armagan to have it included in vanilla.  It adds something tremendous to the game.

I messaged armagan to consider it about two weeks ago, but didn't get a reply yet.

lordjaffar said:
If I downloaded EGII very recently, is the routing system already in the mod, or do I still need to download the patch. I'm pretty sure I downloaded it about 2-3 weeks ago, although I might be off a bit.

when you start new game in EGII, it shows you the mod version. if you have 4.40 or 4.25, patch it to 4.41. If you have 4.41, that has the latest version of the battle morale system.

Chel said:
redazncommiedxp said:
This mod looks phenomenal.  Please please please make this compatible with .955!  M&B fans everywhere will rejoice.  Also, if you'll forgive me for saying so, I think you should send this mod to Armagan to have it included in vanilla.  It adds something tremendous to the game.

I messaged armagan to consider it about two weeks ago, but didn't get a reply yet.

Yes. Battle morale system and units fleeing the battlefield is what vanilla game is severely missing.
Congrats for developing this!

This is a little off topic, well miles off topic, but I noticed your pic chel. I'm really hoping Arshavin goes to ManU next year! :razz: He has really...blossomed in this tournament.

bbeck08 said:
This is a little off topic, well miles off topic, but I noticed your pic chel. I'm really hoping Arshavin goes to ManU next year! :razz: He has really...blossomed in this tournament.

Yeah. He has been 'blossomed' for a long time though: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IIRxxurh0xg :grin:
He said he would like to play in Spain most of all, but if he went to England I'd be glad too because then I could maybe watch a game or two with him since I'll be there next year.

On-topic: I am going to mod Battle Morale into 0.960 Native and release that if anyone would like to play with it.

Yeah we could definetly use him at United with the way Ronaldo is acting up. Seriously it's not all about the money. ManU is gonna win championships, madrid isn't going to. Simple as that. The glory is with manchester. 100 million won't make your name live forever like championships will.

Battle Morale v1.5 for 0.960 Native

Download(15MB): https://www.mbrepository.com/file.php?cid=1&id=784

This is version 1.5 of Battle Morale modded into 0.960 Native.
It is a system that tracks the situation on the battlefield as well as player's contribution to the fight. If one of the sides is heavily overpowering the other, the losing side will rout. Heavily wounded soldiers are more likely to flee the fight as well. The player can see the cohesion of each side and health of his troops with 'T' key, can rally his troops with 'Y' key, and call in reinforcements with 'U' key.

For details on how it all works see first post.

Currently morale does not apply to siege battles.

Install this as a separate mod by extracting into your modules folder.

Cool, I've been interested to try this out but never quite got it to work from the source code you posted.

Doesn't seem to work with saved games for native, a new game seemed to work fine though. Cheers on this, it nicely rebalances the archers now that everybody has shields.

I'm surely going to try this.  :mrgreen:

But have a question...the skills used in battle (leadership, tactics..) are only from the player or your companions too? :roll:

Sorry if someone already asked this.

Moss said:
Doesn't seem to work with saved games for native, a new game seemed to work fine though. Cheers on this, it nicely rebalances the archers now that everybody has shields.

thanks for letting me know.

Sir_Bedevere said:
But have a question...the skills used in battle (leadership, tactics..) are only from the player or your companions too?

only the player's Leadership is used in bonuses to rout and flee chances, as well as Battle Cry ability. the AI's troops have a built-in +3 'Leadership bonus', so until you reach 3 in Leadership you are at a slight disadvantage in your troop's bravery. But it is very easily offset by your kills which inspire the troops not to abandon you and instill fear into the enemies.

Looks really cool, Chel!

I'll try it later, because at the moment my internet speed is very low...

PS: I like your new avatar :smile:.

This is awesome Chel, I'm very impressed.

As a quick note, it seems to work fine with my 0.960 saved game.

Are you using this in native? cause i have to click on the mod in the start up to get it to work.
have i done sometihng wrong?

maniac said:
Are you using this in native? cause i have to click on the mod in the start up to get it to work.
have i done sometihng wrong?

no, I think you're fine. You can install it as a separate module or on top of Native.

Moss said:
Doesn't seem to work with saved games for native
arr a shame.. i don't want to start a new game yet again.. all these 95x updates have killed like a dozen hopeful careers already.

but wonder how this would work with my current concept of elite knight with never more than 6 companion knights at his side... guess my few buddies would rout all the time i go for a big sea raider party and the like. :eek:

astat said:
Moss said:
Doesn't seem to work with saved games for native
arr a shame.. i don't want to start a new game yet again.. all these 95x updates have killed like a dozen hopeful careers already.

but wonder how this would work with my current concept of elite knight with never more than 6 companion knights at his side... guess my few buddies would rout all the time i go for a big sea raider party and the like. :eek:

as long as your elite knight and companions can kill their share, the sea raiders will run like little girls :smile:

if you go solo and can start killing them without taking too much damage, they will panic even sooner!

Dryvus said:
Installing on top of other mods could cause some problems, correct?

right.

when i enter battle and my companions were slightly hurt from a previous fight, they run away at the start of a new battle. do you think you can stall their morale reading like 30-45 seconds into the battle?

Back
Top Bottom