SP Native Battle Morale (v1.5 for 0.960Native)

Users who are viewing this thread

Chance to flee is personal choice of a unit based on relative cohesion between fighting parties and does not affected by fact which units in party were killed, templars or recruits. Killed templar should affect party morale (which IS cohesion only) more then killed recruit. So unit's tier should be presented in cohesion pool to make that thing count.

However, higher level units should be able to stand lower levels of cohesion then noob fighters. Or this ability can be a bonus to some specific units like rageing berserkers. But personally I would leave it for later versions of this patch. Its not so easy to balance between all those units and factions. Better make basic things working first and then polish the system.
 
Feedback: Attacked a castle and inflicted enough pain that the DEFENDERS routed before my troops had problems.  The issue is that when defenders rout, they come pouring out of the castle, heading for a border of the map, rather than a corner of the castle.

In a way it makes sense, but it resulted in heavy casualties on my side (it was a Nord castle and I was Vaegir.  Long distance is where I wanted the enemy.)  Fleeing troops might try to slip away, but they didn't hug the wall and go to the other side of the castle - they actually "retreated" almost directly into my lines.

So two issues: most important is, how is the retreat path determined?  because they definitely had picked a border not opposite my arrival... it could have been a pathing issue, or something to do with the siege scene.

next is that I'd prefer they had huddled in the castle.  I know that's not retreating, but the argument could be made that most sieges are multi-battle engagements anyway, so they'd be recycled into the next group, "chivvied into position on the walls by their sergeant", for the roleplayers.
 
Tamerlan said:
Chance to flee is personal choice of a unit based on relative cohesion between fighting parties and does not affected by fact which units in party were killed, templars or recruits. Killed templar should affect party morale (which IS cohesion only) more then killed recruit. So unit's tier should be presented in cohesion pool to make that thing count.

However, higher level units should be able to stand lower levels of cohesion then noob fighters. Or this ability can be a bonus to some specific units like rageing berserkers. But personally I would leave it for later versions of this patch. Its not so easy to balance between all those units and factions. Better make basic things working first and then polish the system.

yeah you're right. I've now figured out a good way to calculate cohesion taking a troop's level into account, and still leaving it representing the overall health of your army, and also higher levels troops will be able to withstand lower cohesion values slightly better.
So now killing a 'veteran' troop will affect cohesion much more than death of a recruit. So you can attempt to rout enemy armies by killing high level lord/kind, or their elite units. It's perfect. Raw recruits are more likely to run if they see veterans falling in battle, and veteran troops are not going to run just because the new recruits are dying.
Also the player cannot exploit the system and make the enemy run by killing the weakest of their troops.
Thanks for spotting this oversight, Tamerlan!

kaeldragor said:
Feedback: Attacked a castle and inflicted enough pain that the DEFENDERS routed before my troops had problems.  The issue is that when defenders rout, they come pouring out of the castle, heading for a border of the map, rather than a corner of the castle.

In a way it makes sense, but it resulted in heavy casualties on my side (it was a Nord castle and I was Vaegir.  Long distance is where I wanted the enemy.)  Fleeing troops might try to slip away, but they didn't hug the wall and go to the other side of the castle - they actually "retreated" almost directly into my lines.

So two issues: most important is, how is the retreat path determined?  because they definitely had picked a border not opposite my arrival... it could have been a pathing issue, or something to do with the siege scene.

next is that I'd prefer they had huddled in the castle.  I know that's not retreating, but the argument could be made that most sieges are multi-battle engagements anyway, so they'd be recycled into the next group, "chivvied into position on the walls by their sergeant", for the roleplayers.

the place to go when they rout is the (0,0) corner of the scene or (max,max) corner. The siege scene must have spawn points on the wrong side, compared to the field battle. If so, I could just reverse the rout points and it would work. Can someone please also check where the attacking side will run if they are routed? Back to the spawn side, or toward the castle?

 
Was happy to help man  :grin:

Oh and btw you can make a party leader to have highest impact on cohesion. So dropping king or lord will spread chaos into enemy lines. But then kings/lords should be really tough so they wont be easy catch.
 
Tamerlan said:
Was happy to help man  :grin:

Oh and btw you can make a party leader to have highest impact on cohesion. So dropping king or lord will spread chaos into enemy lines. But then kings/lords should be really tough so they wont be easy catch.

I'll just make lords/kings high level, so killing them will impact cohesion very much. (and they already are very tough in EGII v4.25)

Updated to v1.2
v1.2 (new game required)
-Troop's level has a slight effect on chance to flee.
-Troop's level influences his contribution to overall cohesion. High level troops are weighted more. A level 25 knight is worth five times as much as a level 5 recruit.

So now killing a 'veteran' troop will affect cohesion much more than death of a recruit. So you can attempt to rout enemy armies by killing high level lord/kind, or their elite units. Raw recruits are more likely to run if they see veterans falling in battle, and veteran troops are not going to run just because the new recruits are dying.
Also the player cannot exploit the system and make the enemy run by killing the weakest of their troops.

-some other EGII-related changes


updated first post with more details.

EDIT: there was a bug in 1.2 that caused coherence to go way over 100% if you were in battle alone and below level 10. I uploaded a fixed 1.2, so if you downloaded it before this message, please redownload.

 
In the patch 1.2 changes, does Bruno the trainer no longer have his armor? Because I think I might of messed up on downloading the patch. Here's a picture of him:
screencaptureprofessionie8.png
 
I'm fighting in a battle alone, and I keep getting the "lost some experience" message, how can I lose cohesion (or whatever the cause is) if I'm all by myself? Besides, even losing should bring experience... you *should* be learning from it. :smile:

Also, the enemy troops should flee the area when they rout, this way they just bunch up in the corner waiting for me to pick them off one by one.
 
Mravac Kid said:
I'm fighting in a battle alone, and I keep getting the "lost some experience" message, how can I lose cohesion (or whatever the cause is) if I'm all by myself? Besides, even losing should bring experience... you *should* be learning from it. :smile:

Also, the enemy troops should flee the area when they rout, this way they just bunch up in the corner waiting for me to pick them off one by one.

You lose experience when you use certain special abilities - focusing, rage, rallying and... the other one.. <.<

The problem with fleeing is, what if they were YOUR troops?  would you want them gone forever after a rout?
 
Yes, Bruno no longer wears the Atlantic armor set.

Mravac Kid said:
I'm fighting in a battle alone, and I keep getting the "lost some experience" message, how can I lose cohesion (or whatever the cause is) if I'm all by myself? Besides, even losing should bring experience... you *should* be learning from it. :smile:

Also, the enemy troops should flee the area when they rout, this way they just bunch up in the corner waiting for me to pick them off one by one.

I think there is no way to remove troops from the battle scene. And I tried to make it so they don't bunch up completely in the corner, with rally checks.


Mravac Kid said:
I'm fighting in a battle alone, and I keep getting the "lost some experience" message, how can I lose cohesion (or whatever the cause is) if I'm all by myself? Besides, even losing should bring experience... you *should* be learning from it. :smile:

Also, the enemy troops should flee the area when they rout, this way they just bunch up in the corner waiting for me to pick them off one by one.

are you using combat abilities (they cost some experience points), or is experience being drained for no reason?
 
Where do you download this patch to? Sorry :sad: I just don't exactly know, I tried under the EGII file.. but it doesn't show?  :???:
 
you need to extract the files from the zip archive somewhere, and copy them (the text files, the 'Sounds', 'Textures', and 'Resources' folder) into 'Expanded Gameplay II v4.25' folder, say yes to overwrite. Then when you start, when creating new character instead of v4.25 it should say v4.25bm
 
I think people will need sort of a manual how to install and what abilities this patch provides. I know Battle Cry is 'Y' but how to call reinforcements? And how to see health of troops?
 
Chel I think there is something wrong with lords. Just killed Lord Nelag in battle and got 101461360 experience which pumped me from level 27 to level 59 instantly. Dont think it was intended.
 
Tamerlan said:
I think people will need sort of a manual how to install and what abilities this patch provides. I know Battle Cry is 'Y' but how to call reinforcements? And how to see health of troops?

Those are in the first post.
 
Tamerlan said:
Chel I think there is something wrong with lords. Just killed Lord Nelag in battle and got 101461360 experience which pumped me from level 27 to level 59 instantly. Dont think it was intended.
Did you started a new game?  :roll:
 
Tamerlan said:
Chel I think there is something wrong with lords. Just killed Lord Nelag in battle and got 101461360 experience which pumped me from level 27 to level 59 instantly. Dont think it was intended.

Same happened to me after knocking down a swadian noble (Vlan?). It bumped me to level 57 from 42. I started a new game after installing battle morale. However, I imported and old character so maybe that is somehow related.

Anyways, amazing mod man. If you release it for native and other mods I'll have it on them for sure.
 
Did you think Chel about connecting battle morale feature with party morale? Would it be possible to somehow influence troop morale by party happiness or - even more important - connect battle morale factor at the end of the fight with party morale on the world map.
I think about "recent events" thing. Maybe when troops are panicked and has fled, party morale should drop significantly (thus enabling of somehow realistic troop fleeing/deserting) and on the contrary when winning many battles one after another, party morale should be very high and maybe this could rise cohesion rating above 100%.

Just an idea  :wink:
 
I must have made the lords/kings too high level (they around 90), thats why they give crazy experience, will fix, thanks.

It's not too hard to connect it with world map morale, but do AI parties have it, or is it only for the player?
 
wow this is amazingly cool ,however I must say that perhaps the troops own leadership should contribute to their chances of fleeing. will make for more dynamic troops, bandits and mercernaries will flee much faster than somewhat weaker troops who are loyal to a flag.
 
Back
Top Bottom