SP Native Battle Morale (v1.5 for 0.960Native)

Users who are viewing this thread

bigtoebubby said:
when i enter battle and my companions were slightly hurt from a previous fight, they run away at the start of a new battle. do you think you can stall their morale reading like 30-45 seconds into the battle?

I dont think that is the right solution. They run because the overall cohesion of your side is too low when you have only wounded NPCs and no regular troops.

either wait for them to heal some more, get some regular troops, and use Battle Cry at the start to rally them -- it might be enough to stop them from running. They will be more likely to rally if you first make some kills.

Awesome work.  I do wonder if you will get rid of the "sparkle" effect sometime?  It sort of breaks it.

And is there a way to get them to run away from the player, instead of just walking backwards?

maniac said:
Heh ive been finding some soldiers fight better when running
LOL me too, just goes to show you running away really ISN'T a bad thing... I play on normal settings and a Nord almost took my bloody head off with a spear while he was running, but a crossbowman who was also fleeing shot me in the back of the head first (they must love going for my head...)

The Wandering Knight said:
And is there a way to get them to run away from the player, instead of just walking backwards?

I've had enemies both run away and backpedal, or sometimes running away until I get close, then turning to fight.

This is an excellent mod, but sadly I might have to ditch it if I can't get it to work with Cries of War. I keep getting "invalid" sound error messages during battles which really ruin the experience with four lines of red text. Any idea of how to get the two mods working together (or why, for that matter, as to why the Battle Morale mod even touches the soundscape)?

The Wandering Knight said:
Awesome work.  I do wonder if you will get rid of the "sparkle" effect sometime?  It sort of breaks it.

yeah I most likely am going to disable that.

slyspy said:
This is an excellent mod, but sadly I might have to ditch it if I can't get it to work with Cries of War. I keep getting "invalid" sound error messages during battles which really ruin the experience with four lines of red text. Any idea of how to get the two mods working together (or why, for that matter, as to why the Battle Morale mod even touches the soundscape)?

there is one new sound in battle morale (battle cry) but for some reason it doesnt work in this version, I am going to remove it --. then its sound part will be same as native and it should work fine with Cries of War.

You could put in the dust particle effect instead of those bubbles, it'd still give a clue, but look a bit better.

mfberg

mfberg said:
You could put in the dust particle effect instead of those bubbles, it'd still give a clue, but look a bit better.

mfberg

I like the health bubbles just fine.

Updated:
-Removed purple markers for routed units.
-Removed extra sounds, should now be compatible with Cries of War soundpack.

Chel I suggested the almost same exact idea for m&b so they could add it to the game but they thought it wasn't a great idea  :cry:

Chel said:
slyspy said:

there is one new sound in battle morale (battle cry) but for some reason it doesnt work in this version, I am going to remove it --. then its sound part will be same as native and it should work fine with Cries of War.

Excellent, thanks alot!

what, sound parts same as native apart from a single "battly cry" sound?
then why are there no less than 31 sound files in battle morale's sound folder? i'm confused..

This is perfect. Imo battles have been kind of boring of late it's always the same over and over.

What I'm wondering. Is it compatible with Crafting Mod and Battle Size Changer?

astat said:
what, sound parts same as native apart from a single "battly cry" sound?
then why are there no less than 31 sound files in battle morale's sound folder? i'm confused..

I also added about 30 ambient sounds in battle, like wind/birds/raven/wolf/etc. They added a nice touch. But removed them now.

Scully said:
This is perfect. Imo battles have been kind of boring of late it's always the same over and over.

What I'm wondering. Is it compatible with Crafting Mod and Battle Size Changer?

not with craftmod, it would have to be modded into crafmod's source.

i like the concept of the mod and all, but i dont think fleeing alone is a good answer, for one thing because fighting on the map edge isn't a very legitimate way to take 'em down as already experienced in native and stuff. the invisible wall is just too arbitrary. so i think in addition to a bit of fleeing (limited distance away from edges), i think loss of morale could equate to reluctance to swing, vulnerability to knockdown, scattering forces (especially ground units), ranged attackers switching to melee, and stuff like that.

and maybe in future versions of this mod, maybe you can expand the morale system outside battle--like an ability to set wages higher for more morale, added incentives, veteran status for troops who survive for a long time, etc.

Funny thing happened. i had just my 2 companions with me and we were all below 50% health, this cause us all to rout against 5 looters lol so funny seeing my fully armored soldier running from a guy with no shoes or shirt throwing rocks :lol:

Chel said:
I also added about 30 ambient sounds in battle, like wind/birds/raven/wolf/etc. They added a nice touch. But removed them now.
it's a good idea - however i'd suggest sending all these sound enhancements to Eisenhouwer so he can incorporate them in a singe, coherent sound mod.
better than having a few good sounds in every different mod, i guess.

btw i'm using your mod with these ambient sounds, and i also have the cries of war soundpack. got no red error messages so far.

Back
Top Bottom