battle mode has reinvigorated the community, please put a 1 round battle mode into matchmaking

Users who are viewing this thread

The NA servers used to die around midnight but since the addition of battle mode the battle server does not die until much later (5am this morning).

Please see this as a wake up call that players love battle mode and that you should use more resources to develop this mode (please consider putting a 1 round battle mode into matchmaking, the worst part of battle mode is having to wait in-between rounds when you die. This would only work if you get more players into bannerlord which I am sure you will if you have this implemented).

So you mean cavalry group fight mode? What's the reason not to spend all the gold and spawn as a cheaper unit compared to heavy cav, when only one round matters?
I was thinking a cap on each class (like in napoleon)depending on what faction you are playing as:

so khuzait has a higher cavalry limit then sturgia but sturgia has a higher heavy infantry limit etc

I was thinking a cap on each class (like in napoleon)
What would determine who could pick what class or would it be random or would be "first come first serve". I would be pissed every time when I would have to choose inferior unit without a good reason. Also in NW there is in reality only two classes (inf and cav) and neither of them are superior over other, so I wouldn't call it comparable.

What would determine who could pick what class or would it be random or would be "first come first serve". I would be pissed every time when I would have to choose inferior unit without a good reason. Also in NW there is in reality only two classes (inf and cav) and neither of them are superior over other, so I wouldn't call it comparable.
first come first serve; but given a large community clan battles would regulate who plays which class ideally.

I cannot think of any other way to do it, as being random would only frustrate clan battles from organizing themselves internally. Perhaps organized, full party, battles would be open and public games be random or based on previous kill/death ratios?

Also in this scenario there would not be a "bad" class with the lighter infantry getting access to similar movement speeds buffs to current heavy infantry so that heavy infantry being able to run down light infantry is no longer possible. Along with basic equipment equalization with all classes having access to a full size shield and spear/sword.

Last edited:
please consider putting a 1 round battle mode into matchmaking, the worst part of battle mode is having to wait in-between rounds when you die. This would only work if you get more players into bannerlord which I am sure you will if you have this implemented
How would this change anything? If you have one round, the map would change afterwards, but everyone who dies still has to wait for that. How does this change wait times? Isn’t it just swapping waiting for the map to change from waiting for everyone to die? If anything, aren’t you spending more time waiting for everyone to load the new map/server crashing? Am I missing something?

How would this change anything? If you have one round, the map would change afterwards, but everyone who dies still has to wait for that. How does this change wait times? Isn’t it just swapping waiting for the map to change from waiting for everyone to die? If anything, aren’t you spending more time waiting for everyone to load the new map/server crashing? Am I missing something?
Don't question jesus suggestion, it's a great suggestion.

Yes the loading time/finding a new match is still time wasted and you can make the argument that this time would be greater then having to simply wait for the current match to be over.

I believe that, given a bigger population and a efficient matchmaking system, the 1 life matchmaking system would be better and could offer greater map size varieties and matches with greater time variability considering you are not hastening the match for the convenience of those who have already died.

Also the system of organizing 1 round would be easier because you would not have the issue of snowballing.

I do want to clarify in case you are confused. I am not suggesting that current battle servers have 1 round instead of 5 (because that would just waste time quitting and rejoining/loading map) however I am suggesting that a new system of matchmaking be introduced similar to fortnite where you leave a server when you die and then enter matchmaking (solo/or with group) immediately to find another match. This would only work with a bigger population, so the multi-round server option is best currently.

Last edited:
Don't question jesus suggestion, it's a great suggestion.
Stop, younes...

To 'Jesus' I won't queue for a 1 round battle. Imagine having to wait a long time just to play 1 round, id rather go to DR battle and play there round after round, i dont even need to wait in queue

Stop, younes...

To 'Jesus' I won't queue for a 1 round battle. Imagine having to wait a long time just to play 1 round, id rather go to DR battle and play there round after round, i dont even need to wait in queue
this is given a huge fortnite like population where you can find a match instantly.

currently you are right, with the entire population being small enough to fit in 1 room, multi-rounds are more efficient. I am thinking for the future where 1 day this might be a main stream game (maybe when multiplayer becomes free to play).

Last edited:
I prefer multiple rounds, but the morale system has to be tweaked in order to end the rounds early. I would even suggest that the game give benefits for an early surrender for the losing team. Imagine if you saved half your denars that you spent on your character if you didn't die but surrendered. People would recognize the loss and want to get to the next round. You would have actual team morale in that case. Brave players could try to clutch still, but it would cost them if they failed.

Back
Top Bottom