MP Battle Mode - a 10 year old appeal

Users who are viewing this thread

Hi TaleWorlds, Another 1-life battle mode appeal from a 2010 registered forum player please;

I followed the development updates for Bannerlord almost daily since as far back as i remember once the 2012 announcement was made. It's been my most anticipated game. I almost exclusively play multiplayer (rare I know), and Warband is/was my #1 game due to the one-life battle mode, for me - that was warband [along with sweet mods like strategus and CRPG]. This is the only game I have ever bought in early access, because I thought that 100% battle mode would be included. In all honesty, if I could refund right now - I would - until it arrives - as the most fun I've had was the anticipation on the dev blogs along the way (not knocking single player as it's always been good, just not what I'm here for).

Unfortunately, Battle mode is still not here - and it really makes me wonder why. Surely 1-2 servers per region of at least 40 pers per team would be possible with minimum resource dedicated to development. Even if it's rudimentary and just has a small variety of maps (even just relatively open maps ported from SP) it would be good.

I see that others have said it's coming - I was wondering when we can get a definitive about when that is please.

I love this game and the work you do - just feel let down on this one as it was a key Warband feature and the MP has suffered as a result of small group warfare [the e-sports approach], or TDM (lets face it, enemy players being able to respawn right behind you isn't optimal for any kind of tactical play). That doesn't mean that we MP people aren't still hanging out for the modes we love.

Reasons I love battle mode:
- Chance to save other players in battle/ be saved
- Feels significant when you take someone out or avoid death
- Clear impetus to play well, balance risk and reward (not just race into battle to rack points)
- Every role has a job (archers/spearman removing cav; cav trying to pick apart clueless archers; shielders providing a shieldwall for troops/spearman, beserkers line breaking)
- Spectating players who are awesome (when you're waiting to respawn) adds fun tension and builds a community where good players are regarded well and stand out
- The battles can be chaos and there's nothing like playing against 40+ other players to really make it interesting and require a lot more attention than AI.

Make my dream come true please TW - feels like I was just rolling on hopium for 10 years.

Big fan MP player,

Septlante.

Back
Top Bottom